GDT: 3/20/2013 - Wild @ Wingy - 6:30 PM CDT - NBCSN/TSN2

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
:wild @ :wings

images

Doc Emrick: Hello everyone, we have an exciting NHL game for you tonight from historic Joe Louis Arena as the Detroit Red Wings square off against the Minnesota Wild. The Red Wings are a perennial playoff team with multiple Stanley Cups in their illustrious history while the Wild are in the midst of a season that could get them into the playoffs for the first time in five seasons.

Eddie Olcyzk: That's right Doc, the Red Wings have been a perennial playoff team for over two decades and are currently anchored by Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk and Niklas Kronwall. The Wings are slated to be in the Eastern Conference beginning next season with three other Original Six teams. The Wild, as you said Doc, have missed the playoffs for several years but hope to turn that around with the help of new free agent pickups Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. With the help of these seasoned veterans and rookies Charlie Coyle, Jonas Brodin and Jason Zucker, there looks to be a bright future on the horizon of Minnesota.

Pierre: I'm not even sure where Minnesota is, you guys, wasn't I a finalist to be their GM?

Emrick: Yes, Pierre but I think Craig Leipold finally sobered up and eventually hired Chuck Fletcher. The state of Minnesota is quite fond of it's high school hockey and is home to Shattuck St. Mary's which is a prep school wh---

Pierre: Oh, Sidney Crosby went there! Oh, thank you for bringing up Sid, now I can talk about the all-around superstar that Sidney Crosby is, it's Crosby-palooza all night, every night in the McGuire household!

Emrick: Brilliant insight as always Pierre, but unfortunately Sidney Crosby doesn't play for either of these teams. Anyway, the Wild's offseason acquisitions seem to be making an impact already.

Olcyzk: Without a doubt Doc, the Wild currently lead the Northwest division with a 16-10-2 record and 34 pts this season while the Red Wings are 14-10-5 with 33 points thus far. The Red Wings will be lead in goal tonight by Jimmy Howard while the Wild have Niklas Backstrom between the pipes. The Red Wings' leading scorer so far is the captain Henrik Zetterberg with 8 Goals and 22 Assists. The Wild are lead by their own captain Mikko Koivu with 6 Goals and 17 Assists.

Emrick: And, here are your lineups for tonight:

Lineups (Projected from each team's last game):

large.png

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Bouchard-Cullen-Setoguchi
Heatley-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Zucker-Konopka-Mitchell
*Rupp

Suter-Brodin
Stoner-Spurgeon
Falk-Prosser
*Gilbert

Backstrom
Hackett

large.png

Fippula-Zetterberg-Brunner
Franzen-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Cleary-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Kronwall-Ericsson
White-Kindl
Smith-Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson​

Olcyzk: Both teams have some great players that look to be making an impact for their teams in this tight Western Conference race tonight.

Pierre: Well they'd both be better if they had Sidney CroZuZuZuZuZuZuZuZuZu… (thump)

Emrick: Our apologies folks, we definitely did not just have Pierre McGuire tasered. Now let's sit back as the puck is about to drop between the Detroit Red Wings and the Minnesota Wild. Oh, and don't stop the paaaaaarrrrrrtaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!​

pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'm thinking the party will, unfortunately, stop.

3-2 in OT for Wingy.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Waking up to this GDT was fantastic. You must write the scripts and notes for these guys it's so spot on. I did actually laugh out loud as I knew once it got to Pierre some shots were to be taken. :laugh:

Picking up my buddy who is flying in for this weeks WCHA and Wild/Sharks game, grabbing some Village Pizza and then going to watch the Wild beat the crap out of the team we hate the most in Detroit.

WAR WILD!

Whats more uncanny is I will laugh when they bring up Shattuck so they can talk about Sid

Oh, it's CLEARLY happening. Honestly, if they had odds on it in Vegas, I'd bet a fair amount.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
4-2 Wings win. Without Gilbert our second and third pairing are going to struggle tonight. Datysuk ends up making them look like idiots. I also think Howard has a great game. Sorry guys but Wild lose tonight.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Busted my GDT creation cherry today :handclap:

I got kind of busy this morning and threw it out there without proofreading a few things but I think it's okay now. Had to throw in a few shots at Pierre. :)

Let me know if I need to change anything with lineups or whatnot.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
If they got a point out of this game and kept rolling I think that would still be a good result.

I'm just waiting for the Backstrom cave. I thought it would be in Vancouver and he was money, so maybe it will be tonight.

I know you can ride goaltenders for a long time, but I just get the feeling one or two games it is really going to backfire, and I wonder when/if they ever let Hackett go.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Busted my GDT creation cherry today :handclap:

I got kind of busy this morning and threw it out there without proofreading a few things but I think it's okay now. Had to throw in a few shots at Pierre. :)

Let me know if I need to change anything with lineups or whatnot.

Good stuff man. I like reading word-heavy GDT:s, and like to do them myself as well as I'm no photoshop wizard.

We should join forces with Avder to create the playoff GDTs if we make it there.

Prediction: Koivu Kronwalls Kronwall. Again. Oh, and we win 4-3.

walloftvs

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
I have a feeling Backstrom will let in at least 1 fluke goal due to a crazy bounce off the end wall. The Joe has some pretty crazy boards in that rink.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
1 or 2 points, I don't care, we just need to keep pace with Vancouver and create more distance between others trying to get into the playoffs.

Let's do this!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad