GDT: 3/20/2013 - Wild @ Wingy - 6:30 PM CDT - NBCSN/TSN2

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'm possibly going to the game on Saturday. Just have to hear back from my dad to see if he got the tickets through his work.

Our team is not only very hot, but everything has come together for them. I was one complaining about how much Yeo was changing the lines every two seconds. He obviously knew what he was doing. He wasn't going to stop until he found a combination that worked and he certainly figured things out. I also am not 100% sure on Coyle. He is the weakest link on that first line. I do wonder if physically that is why he's on there. He does have a nice physical presence and that might have something to do with it. His all around play isn't 100% there though. Yet at this point, I don't think we should change a thing!

Also, Backs has been gigantic for us. No way we win these games without him. He has been terrific. I almost don't even want to replace him for Saturday's game if he can get enough rest!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
So we are thinking:

Seto-Koivu-Parise
Butch-Cullen-Zucker
Heater-Brodz-Clutter
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Bordin
Gilbert-Spurgie
Clark-Stoner

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
So we are thinking:

Seto-Koivu-Parise
Butch-Cullen-Zucker
Heater-Brodz-Clutter
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Bordin
Gilbert-Spurgie
Clark-Stoner

I assume you are typing on your phone so I won't give you grief.

I am still thinking;
Parise-Koivu-Bouchard
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Clutterbuck-Brodziak-Heatley
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Brodin
Gilbert-Clark
Stoner-Spurgeon

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So we are thinking:

Seto-Koivu-Parise
Butch-Cullen-Zucker
Heater-Brodz-Clutter
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Bordin
Gilbert-Spurgie
Clark-Stoner

I wouldn't pair Gilbert and Spurgie. Clark and Stoner are both lefties; they can play with either of the righties.

I'd try:

Suter - Brodin
Stoner - Gilbert
Clark - Spurgeon

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota

I am still thinking;
Parise-Koivu-Bouchard
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Brodin
Gilbert-Clark
Stoner-Spurgeon

I actually really like that. After what I saw last night I don't think Coyle is ready for that top line, he seems to be holding that line back. And the fourth line just isn't the same without big Rupp on it. It will be nice to have him back

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

I am still thinking;
Parise-Koivu-Bouchard
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Brodin
Gilbert-Clark
Stoner-Spurgeon

I like these line ideas!

Now to get it on the ice...

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
grain of salt with this as i watched a DVR of the game after working until 11 last night....

1. the disallowed goal should have been a goal. one of those "oh man, glad the call went in our favor..." things. In the end, it didn't matter too much.
2. 17-5 on shots, ugh. Can't allow this to happen all the time. Regardless of the team, they will find a way to get more in the net.
3. I take back all of the shyt talking in my mind, Twitter, and on here about Gucci Bag. The lockout slowed him down but he is in game form now and hitting stride, love it.
4. Brodziak might be finally be getting there...................
5. Backstrom has been standing on his head lately. I don't know who did what to get him to do it, but keep it up.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
grain of salt with this as i watched a DVR of the game after working until 11 last night....

1. the disallowed goal should have been a goal. one of those "oh man, glad the call went in our favor..." things. In the end, it didn't matter too much.
2. 17-5 on shots, ugh. Can't allow this to happen all the time. Regardless of the team, they will find a way to get more in the net.
3. I take back all of the shyt talking in my mind, Twitter, and on here about Gucci Bag. The lockout slowed him down but he is in game form now and hitting stride, love it.
4. Brodziak might be finally be getting there...................
5. Backstrom has been standing on his head lately. I don't know who did what to get him to do it, but keep it up.

^ I agree with all of this.

After the Anaheim game and so many of us were pissed over the injustices that took place (goal disallowed, injury), I said we would get a call down the road in our favor and last night it took place. I finally don't feel angered over that game as a result.

Also, I remember after one of our nationally covered games very early in the season, the same TV crew ripped our lack of depth, saying we had nothing else past our first line. Well, I loved hearing them talk about our depth last night. lol My how things have changed. :laugh:

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota

I agree that it was a questionable call. From the perspective of the ref, though, it was not a reviewable issue.

It was explained in the intermission by Jones and Milbury. The ref didn't disallow it because it was "put in with a high stick" the ref blew it dead because it was played with a high stick before it was tapped into the net.

If it was put in with a high stick initially, and it went off of Heatley's glove, it would have been reviewed and counted as a goal. Due to it being played with the high stick and then whistled as soon as (Tootoo?) tapped it home, not reviewable.

It did hit the stick before it hit Heatley's glove, which should have wiped out the "played with a high stick" call.

In any case, the original call was not reviewable.

Odd rule...

/shrug

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think it's injuries, yeah. That and they are trying to get more of an offensive spark going because the high goal scoring they had in the first few games to start the season has kind of disappeared.

San Jose fans, even when they're mad at their team and hate life, still really like us so I'm sure if you head over there and ask they'll answer without flaming you or whatever.

I dont dare go over there anymore. They all think I'm bad luck if I post in one of their GDTs.

Anyway...why not try Zucker on the top line and leave the 2nd line as it is? Seto, Cullen, and Butch are lighting it up like nobodies business. I don't care that thats where Zucker was before he got hit...if a line is red hot, dont break it up.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I've gotta say, that Kronwall hit was to Coyle's head. League got it wrong. Again.

This isn't 1995 where the onus is on the guy getting hit to "keep his head up."

CoyleKronwall_zpsbc3f22ff.png

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
There was at least one big bad pass obviously, but I'm liking Heatley a lot more these past few games. He's not scoring like he did at the beginning of the season, but he's working. Everybody had tremendous energy chasing after the puck most of the night. If they had performed it at this level earlier, the whole "dump and chase sucks" complaint wouldn't have been piggybacking every breath.

So. Defensemen. I'm not going to name any names, but there are two of them pulling their weight. The rest had better be signing Gilbert's get well card and ordering bacon shipments to Dumba.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota

I am still thinking;
Parise-Koivu-Bouchard
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Brodin
Gilbert-Clark
Stoner-Spurgeon

I actually really like that. After what I saw last night I don't think Coyle is ready for that top line, he seems to be holding that line back. And the fourth line just isn't the same without big Rupp on it. It will be nice to have him back

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I also thought the penalty was plenty of discipline for it.

J22*

I agree that it was a questionable call. From the perspective of the ref, though, it was not a reviewable issue.

It was explained in the intermission by Jones and Milbury. The ref didn't disallow it because it was "put in with a high stick" the ref blew it dead because it was played with a high stick before it was tapped into the net.

If it was put in with a high stick initially, and it went off of Heatley's glove, it would have been reviewed and counted as a goal. Due to it being played with the high stick and then whistled as soon as (Tootoo?) tapped it home, not reviewable.

It did hit the stick before it hit Heatley's glove, which should have wiped out the "played with a high stick" call.

In any case, the original call was not reviewable.

Odd rule...

/shrug

The bolded is incorrect. The puck must be controlled by an opposing player before you can wipe away a high stick. The fact that the puck tips off of Heatley's glove at all, wether before or after the stick hits the puck is irrelevant. If you believe that Miller's stick makes any contact with the puck? then the Ref made the right call.

goatvindaloo

May 11, 2012
Shenandoah Valley
Yeah, I thought that the only reason Kronwall made contact with Coyle's head was because Coyle tried to dodge the hit at the last second.
Although it definitely was a high stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad