Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Why did we lose? Ice, Man.

source.gif

[cough, cough...] is this mic on? Anyway...I just flew in from Florida, and boy are my arms tired.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Marc Staal on the top pairing needs to stop. He's been on the ice for 5 of 7 non-ENG goals this season.

Quinn putting ADA out there with the top line to start the transition but putting Staal with him is a self-defeating move.

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Really wished that we would have been able to trade Kreider or even Buchnevich for another 2019 or 2020 first over the summer. Really hope Kreider picks up his play before the trade deadline.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Before the season, I said the two keys were Buch taking a big step and Chytil being ready to be a #2 center.

Buch might (doubt it).

Chytil not being good enough caused a horrible ripple effect in the lineup.
They set themselves up for that. A 20 year old shouldn't be the glue of your lineup.

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Reporter: What adjustments do you guys need to make for Thursday's game?

Kakko: Idk, 4 days off, take it easy and be prepared to play.

Not sure what these reporters trying to get out of a kid who barely speaks English haha.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Figure it out trade him or sign him should have learned a lesson with the bucket of slop we got for Zuccarello last deadline
That wasn't pleasant slop lol albeit it netted us Robertson. Hayes and Nash got us tremendous returns but I hear what you're saying. Hopefully Kreider starts playing well and Gorton listens to some offers. I don't see Kreider here long term

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
People will blame it on DeAngelo because I swear this board is a satire of itself sometimes.
I don't think he's been good at all individually, he's not making any plays with the puck and he has to if he's going to be a positive force on the ice. Would still like to see him with someone else though I won't dispute that.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Neither of them will be on the team long term. Skjei has fallen off a cliff since that great playoff run that he had.
Yeah I haven't enjoyed watching a Ranger pair of dmen play like Smith/Skjei did in 2017 playoffs in a very long time! What the hell happened to both of them? Those playoffs they were nasty and effective in all three zones in a super intense environment.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think he's been good at all individually, he's not making any plays with the puck and he has to if he's going to be a positive force on the ice. Would still like to see him with someone else though I won't dispute that.

I do see where he has a little bit might MDZ syndrome, where he's an OFD who has huge holes in his offense.

Then again, his partner has huge holes in his hockey.

Reactions: will1066

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Not burying them early killed us. At least Kakko scored and we were okay, not surprised we looked sloppy coming out of the break.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
as an oiler fan--we have a lot of road kill prospects who we rushed with big minutes before they were ready--just saying

bringing a player along slowly is good sometimes
The Oilers also had a lot of prospects they put with bad teammates.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
1) That's a horrid take on Carolina's lineup.

2) Chytil never has been and never will be that type of prospect.

1)I think you don't understand how important Svechnikov is to Carolina, yet.
2}You said a 20-year-old shouldn't be the glue of a lineup. In Carolina, my opinion is that a 19-year-old is just that. That Chytil wasn't as much of a prospect is part of a different discussion.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Reporter: What adjustments do you guys need to make for Thursday's game?

Kakko: Idk, 4 days off, take it easy and be prepared to play.

Not sure what these reporters trying to get out of a kid who barely speaks English haha.

Barely? Ok.

Being an introvert doesn't mean you "barely speak the language"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad