2nd round steals

R S

Sep 18, 2006
You can still pick out players that fell in the draft from where they were projected.

But the word "projected" is flawed in this case.

Projected by who, exactly? NHL central scouting, other scouting services?

It really only would make sense if you had access to every NHL team's full list.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
maybe is to early to talk about steal....

but Madison Bowey 53 overall ca became a real steal

TylerSVT*

Fucale. I think he'll be the #1 goalie in Montreal within the next few years.

Probably 4+ years away. Price would be in his Prime around then IMO.

Could have a Luongo/Schnieder type situation.

Of course this is all speculation.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
I'd love hear one of these threads from several years back. My pick for a true steal, in general and not just the 2nd, would be Jimmy Lodge.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Erne, Zykov, Lehkonen are the ones that look like steals to me.

Disagree on Erne. Honestly I still have no idea whatsoever on what kind of player he wants to be. Some nights he crashes the net like the Vancouver version of Todd Bertuzzi, some nights he plays a perimiter game ala Mike Ribeiro and some nights his offense is just non existent.

Habs went for 3 homerun picks so of course there's a lot of biasm from our fan base. If they reach their potential, De La Rose, Fucale and Lehkonen could be pieces that makes good teams into cup contenders like Chicago, Boston and Detroit. That necessary depth.

crazyaces**

Just curious why you are comparing Poirier with Fucale. Flames were not interested in Fucale at all in the 1st round - Flames have quite the number of goalie prospects. Seems you are just trying to bait for a reaction here, but you just don't make any sense.

A habs fan earlier said "thanks Calgary"...making others assume Calgary had passed on Fucale with one of their late first round picks...but not realising that the 2nd rounder used to draft Fucale was orginally Calgary's pick as part of the Cammellari trade!

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003

Silver Tuna

Easy on the Pepsi!!
Jun 4, 2011
Georgetown, ON
Can't stand people who come in here just to hate on the thread. Every third post is someone whining about how it's too early to pick players. You know what the context of the thread will be before you ever enter.

Please stop clicking these threads if they annoy you. It annoys me all the nonsense clogging up info in this thread.

I like the idea of people listing who they think are steals directly following the draft so a few years down the road the thread can be bumped to see who is right and who is wrong.

I'll go with Hagg as my potential steal.

Reactions: Jacques

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
People considering Erne a steal need to consider that Roy, his coach from the minors and a guy with a heavy influence on the draft decided to pass on him at #32. I'd hesitate to call him a steal for that reason alone. Maybe a decent value pick, but a steal? Too early for that.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
I really like Petan and at the rank he was chosen he's probably the best pick if you look at risk/reward ratio

43rd overall for a guys with his talent...GREAT value no matter if he pans out or not

Fucale also sounds like a solid pick but its much harder to tell how a goalie will progress so to see him go at 36 is a little surprising but not as much

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc

kernel

Nov 9, 2009
Fucale. I think he'll be the #1 goalie in Montreal within the next few years.

:help::laugh: Over Price dude? That Timmien's(sp?) dude is a god..... geez I'm as a leafs fan i've trouble seeing that (God knows i love to hate on him)

As for OP
Whom ever the Leafs chose if the 2nd, if none then pick a later round player that showed pugnacity during the limited training camp.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
William Carrier I feel is one of the better all-around talents in the draft. So I would consider him a steal late in the 2nd.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
People considering Erne a steal need to consider that Roy, his coach from the minors and a guy with a heavy influence on the draft decided to pass on him at #32. I'd hesitate to call him a steal for that reason alone. Maybe a decent value pick, but a steal? Too early for that.

Fair enough but the guy has a great toolbox. He could be considered a boom-bust type guy but if he hits his potential he is a steal at that spot IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad