2nd round steals

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
Now that the draft has passed, tell me why some guys were steals in the 2nd. Personal choices are Erne and Bailey. I see both becoming top 15 talents in the draft when all is over with thier skill.

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Bailey looked very, very good at the Sabres' camp. Was probably the second-best player on the ice during the scrimmage, next to Girgensons.

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Fucale and Lehkonen are two players the Habs picked we can label steals, but they need to reach their potential to solidify it.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Petan. Other than Drouin I think he might be the most skilled player from the draft.

Jacob8hockey*

Actually, we needed one pretty badly to have depth behind Price. We literally had no one before this season.

Lucky for us, the best goalie in the draft fell into our laps at #36. Thanks Calgary.:laugh:

Calgary panic'd at making the smart move, because they didn't account for anyone to fall that much so they stuck with plan A

Analyzer*

Fucale and Lehkonen are two players the Habs picked we can label steals, but they need to reach their potential to solidify it.

Can't really call anyone a steal at this point.

Actually, we needed one pretty badly to have depth behind Price. We literally had no one before this season.

Lucky for us, the best goalie in the draft fell into our laps at #36. Thanks Calgary.:laugh:

I'd gladly take Emile Poirier and just grab Saros, or one of the other goalie prospects.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
The Flyers board in general is pretty stoked Hagg was still there.

Was just about to say Hagg. You guys scored big time with that one.

A lot of Avs fans thought we were going to take Hagg but we took Bigras instead (which we're perfectly happy with anyway)

jboyz

Jun 30, 2010
William Carrier could be a steal. Was rated 1st round at the start of the season. But after a injury in the middle of the season it hurt his rankings.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
I think Fucale, Erne, Zykov, Hagg, Bigras, and Compher were good picks.

I also like the Bowey and Lehkonen picks later in the 2nd round.

pc_md

Jun 3, 2006
How can you call a player a steal when he has not played a single game since the draft.

And since when do the most predrafted hyped players become the best ones ?

Reactions: Devonator

arsmaster*

I had Petan, Erne, and Zykov in my top 18 so I'm gonna say them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad