Post-Game Talk: #29: FLYERS at Flames, Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018, 8:30 p.m. ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They literally played more than half of the 3rd period a man short. Of course the opponent is going to dominate possession & shots — it would be the same for every team in the league.

Now, if you want to bash them for being overly passive on the 6-on-5s — absolutely. But for most of the period, you can thank Simmonds & Gost for terrible lack of discipline, & Laughton & Raffl for interference, for forcing the Flyers to have the ice tilted against them.

Reactions: JXC

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They literally played more than half of the 3rd period a man short. Of course the opponent is going to dominate possession & shots — it would be the same for every team in the league.

Now, if you want to bash them for being overly passive on the 6-on-5s — absolutely. But for most of the period, you can thank Simmonds & Gost for terrible lack of discipline, & Laughton & Raffl for interference, for forcing the Flyers to have the ice tilted against them.

If this was a one game issue, you would absolutely have a point. But this happens EVERY TIME we enter the third period with a lead. Theres proof, and its been posted in this very thread.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I wont lie to you, i was in Denver last year for work, and went to a game cause i had the night to myself. Just walking up and down the steps to go get a beer was flipping exhausting.
So I hear. Who's at the lowest elevation then? I know Pittsburgh seems like a city carved out of the side of a mountain by Morlocks and every road seems to be at an 80 degree angle but it could just be an illusion of being underground.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So I hear. Who's at the lowest elevation then? I know Pittsburgh seems like a city carved out of the side of a mountain by Morlocks and every road seems to be at an 80 degree angle but it could just be an illusion of being underground.

Sunrise, FL is at Sea level, so youd have to find a town below sea level to beat them. Its tough, because youre gonna need to 'dig' (pun intended) to find the elevation at the actual stadium.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If this was a one game issue, you would absolutely have a point. But this happens EVERY TIME we enter the third period with a lead. Theres proof, and its been posted in this very thread.
I clearly was making a point about this particular game.

Reactions: JXC

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I dont see them doing anything with the coach until they are back from the road trip which would be the 17th/18th. Even then, Coachroaches & Hakstol.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It’s more likely you see a trade than the coach being fired.

I just don’t see it. I agree with whoever said they wouldn’t have brought in an assistant with (with Hak’s stamp of approval), if they were really indeed close to letting him go.

The upper management is made up of morons. This is on Holmgren’s head at this point. A season like this, if it continues - should get him fired as well.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It’s more likely you see a trade than the coach being fired.

I just don’t see it. I agree with whoever said they wouldn’t have brought in an assistant with (with Hak’s stamp of approval), if they were really indeed close to letting him go.

The upper management is made up of morons. This is on Holmgren’s head at this point. A season like this, if it continues - should get him fired as well.

I mean, we all thought Hak would go before Hextall, so its entirely possible, however unlikely..

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You've gotta be amazingly arrogant or amazingly stupid to repeatedly do something over and over, have it blow up in your face over and over, and insist it is the best way to do the thing.

The more I learn about in-practice organizational dynamics in sports teams in general, the more convinced I am it’s usually the former.

There’s a tactically excellent current NBA coach who’s taken marginal players aside to tell them not to socialize with teammates or attempt to be part of the team because he has his guys and that’s enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad