Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
:vegas
Nolan Patrick
Oskar Lindblom

:flyers
Ryan Reaves
Deryk Engelland

bunch of little b****es on this team. no heart no grit. get rid of soft scared little boys and bring in real men.
These guys can be put on the ice and not give the game away. Flyers players are losers and thats the culture our young players get now. We got the luckiest goals ever or we would have scored one goal last night. Flames play bigger and way faster with way more skill then the floaters from Philly.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't think they went into a shell, Calgary is at 3,500 feet, combine that with a series of bad penalties in the 3rd period, starting with Simmonds pulling a Rinaldo, and they were out of gas the second half of the period.

Elevation? Thats what were using to defend Hakstol at this point? Jesus, it knows no bounds.

elevation fatigue is a real thing, i get it. But stop it. Appleyards stats clearly show this is an issue ANYWHERE we have a lead. This situation isnt unique to Calgary only.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You don't adjust completely in three days, see Calgary's 3rd period edge all season.
Those were all bad penalties, stupid roughing, two holding (not moving the feet) and a careless slash.
They could have been called for a couple other penalties as well.

The problem is much deeper than the coach.
The first line got dominated, G and TK just struggle on defense, and JVR isn't the answer.
Raffl and Couts can play defense, Voracek not so much.
Laughton needs to be demoted to the 4th line, he's Raffl without the physical edge, he simply doesn't make plays when he's on a top 9 line, he's best forechecking on the 4th line and on the PK.

Fletcher is looking for what is obvious, Goalie (unlikely), top 9 forward, and veteran defenseman.
Gudas/Hagg is a bad pairing and MacDonald/Folin is an obvious upgrade target.
They need more speed and quickness up front, they struggle with the faster teams.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The team doesnt check at all. Body check or back check,forecheck that equals no pay check. Dont add to this team at all they are not winners.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I don't know what all the complaining is about . If we want the coach fired and that is the main goal of most on here , collapses like this give us a point but look terrible on his behalf . If we win he will be here longer .

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah as it turns out the slight turn away from them for threeish games may have been Hextall pressuring it. It would be ****ing hilarious if that's the micromanagement of Hak the Flyers' Agitprop Department put out.

Thats exactly what happened, and I firmly believe Hak went behind Hextalls back and threw him under the bus.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Its not going to happen, I just want to know why.

Because in western canada, its the elevations fault.
at home games, the crowd doesnt get behind the team enough, its their fault.
In cities that end in a vowel are just markets Hak doesnt like, so he gets a pass there.
When the other team scores, its Ghost's fault.

Basically, the only time its Haks fault is when Dale Weise is the sole goal scorer. He cant be blamed for the teams poor performance.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
2018-19: OT games ( 1 OT win, 4 OT losses, 1 SO win, 0 SO losses)

OT goals:
1 - Ghost

OT assists:
1 - Giroux, Voracek

On ice for ES goals against:
2 - Ghost, Giroux, Couturier, Konency, Provorov
1 - Voracek, Simmonds

On ice for PP goals against:

Total ice time
3 Gudas -
6 Sanheim - 1:07
8 Hagg -
9 Provorov - 4:35
47 MacDonald -
53 Ghost - 4:25

11 Konecny - 3:24
14 Couturier - 3:29
17 Simmonds - 2:34
19 Patrick -
21 Laughton -
22 Weise - 0:19
25 van Reimsdyk -
28 Giroux - 4:30
40 Weal - 1:06
93 Voracek - 3:54

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
His boardwork before playing in the NHL was outstanding, so this team has destroyed whatever good qualities he had.

Funny how certain posters say the goaltending is the thing holding this team back, not the coach. Had pretty good goaltending tonight and the still blew it, so I guess that debunks that theory. Turns out there are also other problems, and that coaching actually does matter.

1. Just because you’re good at something in a lower league doesn’t mean it will translate to the NHL, or that the NHL team “destroyed” your ability. It’s more likely Lindblom can’t handle the bigger stronger meaner better players in the NHL on a smaller rink like he could handle lesser players in Sweden.

2. There are exceptions to most rules. That doesn’t mean the overarching rule is “debunked.” Bad 3 point shooters sometimes have hot games; that doesn’t mean the idea that he hurts the team by shooting a lot of 3s most games is “debunked.”

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Great outcome; loser point, exciting game to watch, blow a lead based on poor personnel decisions, inconsistency is at an all time level of excellence, DH is coaching his last trip close to his birthplace, Hughes still on the radar.

My coach says to start each day with gratitude, I am thankful for the implosion last night.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Because in western canada, its the elevations fault.
at home games, the crowd doesnt get behind the team enough, its their fault.
In cities that end in a vowel are just markets Hak doesnt like, so he gets a pass there.
When the other team scores, its Ghost's fault.

Basically, the only time its Haks fault is when Dale Weise is the sole goal scorer. He cant be blamed for the teams poor performance.

What is all of this elevation nonsense? Did one of the trolls come up with that bullshit?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think they went into a shell, Calgary is at 3,500 feet, combine that with a series of bad penalties in the 3rd period, starting with Simmonds pulling a Rinaldo, and they were out of gas the second half of the period.

There's an enormous sample size besides this one where they went into a shell, so this isn't a convicting excuse. If this were game 20 under Hak I'd entertain it, but we're nearing game 300. And he complained that they didn't shell even harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad