Post-Game Talk: #28 - 12/6/19 | canadiens @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
@NYR — where’s our buddy TrueBlue after this loss?? He’s such a vocal support of the coach over in the Quinn thread but when the coach blows a game for the team with literally horrible decision making he seems to be disappearing! Just having a little fun after a brutal loss here—

Nothing but crickets here Bro

Never any in game analysis from him.

I think he only posts during the day on the company's dime lol

Kidding aside..I think is a good guy.
Stubborn af but a good guy none the less.

Just has shitty hockey views lol

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Nothing but crickets here Bro

Never any in game analysis from him.

I think he only posts during the day on the company's dime lol

Kidding aside..I think is a good guy.
Stubborn af but a good guy none the less.

Just has ****ty hockey views lol

Agreed- I have grown to respect the guys tenacity even if it’s like trying to knock down a wall using a penny— he never gives up.

Reactions: NYR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What Quinn says: "We need more effort!"

What Quinn does: Predicates his entire defensive system on running away from the other team and playing not to lose.

What Quinn says: "We need to shoot more!"

What Quinn does: Predicates his entire offensive system on standing still and waiting for the perfect pass to happen.

If we want shots, we need to cycle defenders out of position, move our feet, and rotate guys towards the net.

I'm not against what he asks them to do, he just doesn't let them do it.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
The last pure shooter we had was Gaborik

Nash had one season where that was his mindset, after that he was a shell if who he once was.

Was hoping that Kaako would have been that shooter, but he seems to look to defer to others.

He needs to be selfish and shoot the puck.

Kakko's shot is not good enough yet. He's scored nearly every goal a few feet from the net

Reactions: CasusBelli

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Kakko's shot is not good enough yet. He's scored nearly every goal a few feet from the net
It’s not gonna get any better if he doesn’t use it
Also I don’t get why people bash his shooting so much and try insisting he’s more of a playmaker than goal scorer, he’s scored more goals than assists at every level every step of his career. And he’s scored a decent amount from far out and one timers in Liiga. He’s being too timid and we should be trying to mold him into our goal scorer especially with so many pass-first players

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Also I don’t get why people bash his shooting so much and try insisting he’s more of a playmaker than goal scorer, he’s scored more goals than assists at every level every step of his career. And he’s scored a decent amount from far out and one timers in Liiga. He’s being too timid and we should be trying to mold him into our goal scorer especially with so many pass-first players
He’s more of a goal scorer, but those goals come from his hands and instincts mainly. Not from his shot (which is average to above average).

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Tough loss for Georgie. Had no chance on the game winner. The guys in front just weren't desperate enough the last few minutes. Looked like they were coasting,... til they reached overtime. Or maybe a shootout, so Smith could get the game winner too. LOL! MTL deserved this win. I hope it's a lesson learned.

Last edited:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I'm kinda surprised he's not shooting the puck also. Especially on the PP. Like you said, he has always scored more goals than assists.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Deleted member 23124

What Quinn says: "We need to shoot more!"

What Quinn does: Predicates his entire offensive system on standing still and waiting for the perfect pass to happen.
This was a problem LONG before Quinn got here...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This was a problem LONG before Quinn got here...
I feel like every team's fans just say this because fans want to do nothing but shoot all the time.

During the Renney and Torts years, the Rangers were a top 10 volume shooting team.

Since 2014, we're 25th.

Reactions: Musto

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Missed this game but damn what a move from Smith on the breakaway- didnt know he had that in him.

Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Coaches don't turn players into shoot-first if they aren't that. Any of you believe Ovechkin wouldn't look to shoot if he was a Ranger?

Anyone who does is a nut.

Players are what they are by the time they get to NHL.

Very few coaches make any difference at all.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Coaches don't turn players into shoot-first if they aren't that. Any of you believe Ovechkin wouldn't look to shoot if he was a Ranger?

Anyone who does is a nut.

Players are what they are by the time they get to NHL.

Very few coaches make any difference at all.

A coach or any instructor can mold some things in a player, and some things they can't.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It was a long time ago since I saw so many players fall on their own, miss pucks that glided in a weird way, etc. The ice looked awful. Seems the upgrades haven't helped much.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
For those of you disappointed with Kakko, he has equal or more points through first 25 games played than Eichel, Svechnikov, Landeskog, Seguin, Reinhart & Barkov. The only 2nd overall pick in the past decade to out-produce Kakko through 25 games is Laine.

I was at last night’s game and watched Kakko pretty closely. He’s a much better player with the puck than away from the puck. Poor guy gets caught spinning around playing defense a lot. Last night though, Kakko seemed spent. Back to back games maybe did him in but he was taking a lot of shortcuts out there and did not often backcheck with any purpose.

I really like the Kakko and think he will be fine. He’s producing already and that’s really great.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
For those of you disappointed with Kakko, he has equal or more points through first 25 games played than Eichel, Svechnikov, Landeskog, Seguin, Reinhart & Barkov. The only 2nd overall pick in the past decade to out-produce Kakko through 25 games is Laine.

He has not been good , and has a lot of Rick Nash second assists.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

I was at last night’s game and watched Kakko pretty closely. He’s a much better player with the puck than away from the puck. Poor guy gets caught spinning around playing defense a lot. Last night though, Kakko seemed spent. Back to back games maybe did him in but he was taking a lot of shortcuts out there and did not often backcheck with any purpose.

I really like the Kakko and think he will be fine. He’s producing already and that’s really great.
Love that Quinn has now put him opposite Panarin. Best possible thing for his development, IMO.

Reactions: egelband and NYR

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Lets all remember that this is a learning experience. Maybe Lindgrens bonehead play will help us in a playoff series 2 years from now...that in a tie game with 1 minute left in regulation Ryan will make the safe pass along the boards and leave the stretch passes for the the right time of the game.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ

Can't teach touch,hands and vision and K2 has it. He needs to be more engaged. The fact that he burns with passion to succeds only bodes well for us. I would like to see a bit more bulk on his frame. Wondering if his diabetes and celiac have anything to do with his stamina?

Reactions: leetch99

Deleted member 23124

I feel like every team's fans just say this because fans want to do nothing but shoot all the time.

During the Renney and Torts years, the Rangers were a top 10 volume shooting team.

Since 2014, we're 25th.
That may be true, but I recall way too much passing around the perimeter waiting for JJ to get open. And I suspect a great many of those shots were from the perimeter.

But the one constant of all the teams since the lockout is that they think pass first and second (maybe even third)...in situations where they should have taken the shot....How many times over the years have we heard the announcers and media say they need to be more selfish in that regard?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Lets all remember that this is a learning experience. Maybe Lindgrens bonehead play will help us in a playoff series 2 years from now...that in a tie game with 1 minute left in regulation Ryan will make the safe pass along the boards and leave the stretch passes for the the right time of the game.

It would be fine if that was the only time they did it but they can't resist throwing it cross ice for some reason, forcing plays that arent there instead of gaining the redline and chipping it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce