3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
And we can look at having one of the worst defensive teams since 07-08, or the fact that they stopped being at the top of the league in SH%. Which is partially the result of poor coaching too.
Those will be factors as well. But thats part of the end of this game, the team defense buckling down in a tight game.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
The Rangers tank about as well as Rommel did in WW2.
Well ... Rommel was known for making the most of the limited resources he had. So I guess that applies. I didn’t think we would be anywhere near the playoff hunt this year.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I would do either Panarin-Zib-Kakko or Panarin-Zib-Buch

At some point I’d like to play our best players together
They have got to start to change to a shoot first mentality. It doesn't really matter how much of your best talent is put together when they keep passing it around

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Legit feels like the offense is completely stagnant.
Every time I see Kreider going back and forth behind the net, I die inside. In 5 years, I don't think that's ever set up a goal.
Legit question... in this day and age of 3 stars even in losses. Has Kreider ranked on the 3 stars?

Reactions: leetch99

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It might be the system or it might be that we don’t have many shoot-first players. Or the confidence was gone. No one wanted to be the one to take the shot and get it blocked, possibly giving away possession.

In tight games, you win by countering off of defense.
I feel that players can easily lose confidence when DQ is forcing them to play way over their heads.
It's just not realistic, especially with younger players.
Add to that extended ice time.
He's running top players into the ground without having competent line mates.
He doesn't know how to run 4 lines in the new 4 line league.
All the cards are stacked against you with the way DQ is teaching things IMO

Reactions: JHS

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
@NYR — where’s our buddy TrueBlue after this loss?? He’s such a vocal support of the coach over in the Quinn thread but when the coach blows a game for the team with literally horrible decision making he seems to be disappearing! Just having a little fun after a brutal loss here—

Reactions: NYR

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The last pure shooter we had was Gaborik

Nash had one season where that was his mindset, after that he was a shell if who he once was.

Was hoping that Kaako would have been that shooter, but he seems to look to defer to others.

He needs to be selfish and shoot the puck.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Only way you can beat some teams with stingy defense is to dump and chase.
You aren't winning against those teams otherwise..
Sure, but the Rangers don't forecheck hard or play a cycle-driven offense.

Quinn is exactly the same as late-AV in the sense that he wants hustle and grit and won't commit to a finesse game, but he also hasn't established a system that lends itself to playing hard.

And we're left with passive do-nothing hockey on both sides of the puck.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The last pure shooter we had was Gaborik

Nash had one season where that was his mindset, after that he was a shell if who he once was.

Was hoping that Kaako would have been that shooter, but he seems to look to defer to others.

He needs to be selfish and shoot the puck.
Nash shot a lot. He just sucked at it.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad