Post-Game Talk: #28 - 12/6/19 | canadiens @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23124

They can't shoot all the time and take great shots. I don't know what you're looking for.
I'm not looking for anything....I've only pointed out something that's been a topic of discussion for over a decade -- namely, they are not a shoot first team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Listen, that is a nice, tidy "formula" on paper but the sport of hockey is not a two-dimensional thing. All coaches try to strike a balance and find the right combinations of players for different situations. It's part of the job. But I think you're looking at things from too much of an outsider's perspective.

I just want to remind you of a time when Erik Christensen was our first line center. He seems like a perfect candidate for one of your "experiments". He was a "facilitator". He sucked.

I think you play a lot of video games and not hockey ones.

Sez you.
And feel free to enlighten us with why you think so.

Christensen was largely devoid of talent, AND actually not complementary to anyone.

Boo projects otherwise.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Sez you.

Christensen was largely devoid of talent, AND actually not complementary to anyone.

Boo projects otherwise.

Christensen was a more talented player than Boo. He was a better playmaker and he had better hands. Better hockey IQ.

EC actually put up solid numbers in WHL and even in the AHL. Boo had a couple of decent seasons in Michigan, but he's a pretty crappy player and just isn't very talented.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. Your player evaluations are as awful as your trade proposals.

Boo will be 26 in January. Helen Keller would be able to see there's nothing here with Boo.

Reactions: Musto

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Most of y’all in here are too young to know what the heck I’m about to say however some of my brothers in here who go back to the 70’s-80’s like I do will understand this perfectly.

Kakkos hesitating to shoot the puck not only last night but pretty much this entire year reminds me of when old time Ranger analyst Bill Chadwick and favorite of all of us Ranger fans back than would implore, beg and plead with Ranger Dman Barry Beck to shoot the puck.

Beck didn’t listen to Chadwick and so for seemingly every other game Beck played as a Ranger due to Becks odd unwillingness to let loose his howitzer of a shot, we would get at least 3-4 of these “Shoot the puck Barry...shoot the puck...Shoot the puck Barry...shoot the puck” from Chadwick as he would be completely frustrated and flummoxed at Beck. This was what Beck became known for till this day and it’s still fresh in my memory banks all these years later even despite all the brain cells I’ve destroyed from this debsucherous life I have led...lol

Anyways...what Kakko is going thru is getting a bit frustrating for all of us and too bad Chadwick isn’t around otherwise he’d be saying “Shoot the puck Kappo...shoot the puck”

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
They play too pretty of a game. As a true .500 team right now, they are barely getting by with that type of game. Maybe they do need to tweak the makeup of the team.

Reactions: zephyr

Deleted member 23124

They play too pretty of a game. As a true .500 team right now, they are barely getting by with that type of game. Maybe they do need to tweak the makeup of the team.
I see more than a "tweak" in the near future. Rangers are still soft and too easy to play against.

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not looking for anything....I've only pointed out something that's been a topic of discussion for over a decade -- namely, they are not a shoot first team.
And even when they shoot (as in the data presented) according to you, they're still not shooting.

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
Sez you.

Boo projects otherwise.
No dude. Sez the whole Rangers org. The guy who gets sent down projects to be more talented than the guy with enough talent to play next to Marian Gaborik? I'm sorry but your obstinance is not a suitable argument.

It's like when Peewee Herman says "I know you are but what am I".

You're still wrong.

Sez me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
We're .500 because our prettiest player singlehandedly got most of our wins.

Lundqvist and Georgiev have both stolen games for us.

Zbad was in god mode early in the season and singlehandly won games for us. Same can be said about Panarin.

ADA, Fox, and Trouba have all had semi-dominant performances. Guys like Chytil, Strome and Buch have played huge roles in our wins.

This isn’t a 1 man show.

Deleted member 23124

Most of y’all in here are too young to know what the heck I’m about to say however some of my brothers in here who go back to the 70’s-80’s like I do will understand this perfectly.

Kakkos hesitating to shoot the puck not only last night but pretty much this entire year reminds me of when old time Ranger analyst Bill Chadwick and favorite of all of us Ranger fans back than would implore, beg and plead with Ranger Dman Barry Beck to shoot the puck.

Beck didn’t listen to Chadwick and so for seemingly every other game Beck played as a Ranger due to Becks odd unwillingness to let loose his howitzer of a shot, we would get at least 3-4 of these “Shoot the puck Barry...shoot the puck...Shoot the puck Barry...shoot the puck” from Chadwick as he would be completely frustrated and flummoxed at Beck. This was what Beck became known for till this day and it’s still fresh in my memory banks all these years later even despite all the brain cells I’ve destroyed from this debsucherous life I have led...lol

Anyways...what Kakko is going thru is getting a bit frustrating for all of us and too bad Chadwick isn’t around otherwise he’d be saying “Shoot the puck Kappo...shoot the puck”
I remember it as if it were yesterday.

Does anyone remember which player Chadwick said couldn't hit the ocean from a battleship?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lundqvist and Georgiev have both stolen games for us.

Zbad was in god mode early in the season and singlehandly won games for us. Same can be said about Panarin.

ADA, Fox, and Trouba have all had semi-dominant performances. Guys like Chytil, Strome and Buch have played huge roles in our wins.

This isn’t a 1 man show.
With the exception of maybe Strome, everyone here is a skill player.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Sez you.

Boo projects otherwise.
Still waiting for Boo to score a couple, get his confidence sky high and then Quinn will put him on the same line with Kreider. This way, Bern will be happy and find another project. Right Bern? Where is that Zuccharello freak when we need him?

Reactions: Musto

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Does anyone remember which player Chadwick said couldn't hit the ocean from a battleship?
God no. But any ONE of my 5 brain cells easily remembers the Bubba Beck begging from the "big whistle".
Always wondered what Bill's wife called him. Hope it wasn't the "lil' whistle". Oh God, what have I done?

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’ve felt this way since day one. I don’t know why you wouldn’t want that threat at the top to keep everyone honest and open the walls. Ovechkin gets open for his shot because Carlson is a threat. I liked Trouba there I would have kept him there the whole time. I like having a shooter there and he had no problem moving the puck to Panarin in good spots
I’m not one for second guessing formations and other in-game coaching decisions. But I totally agree with this. On the power play you want shots from all over since you’re generally playing on a third of the ice. Goalie can’t get good reads like he can on long end-to-end rushes.

Reactions: bl02 and zephyr

Deleted member 23124

God no. But any ONE of my 5 brain cells easily remembers the Bubba Beck begging from the "big whistle".
Always wondered what Bill's wife called him. Hope it wasn't the "lil' whistle". Oh God, what have I done?
Sometimes I try and imagine what "pearls of wisdom" he would come up with if he were broadcasting today...I suspect most broadcasts would be censored.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I knew there would be a few of y'all who would know exactly what I was talking about.

As far your question, I'm going to guess Chadwick was referring to "Rexy Plexy"...Reijo Routsalainen who if you recall could skate like the wind, could dangle the puck as good as any forward and actually was Erik Karlsson before Karlsson was even born.

Reijo tho for some bizarre reason as talented as he was, more times than not he couldn't hit the side of the barn hence his nickname "Rexy Plexy" as his shot invariaby would hit the plexy glass behind the net rather on net...lol

So if it's not Reijo than I give up seeing he's the only one I can think of...hah

Reactions: zephyr

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Still waiting for Boo to score a couple, get his confidence sky high and then Quinn will put him on the same line with Kreider. This way, Bern will be happy and find another project. Right Bern? Where is that Zuccharello freak when we need him?

no, Boo scoring is a +
As I said -- pay attn pls --- the idea is to use Nieves to facilitate unlocking Chris' inner Kreider.

Reactions: Avery16

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'd love to draft Cole Perfetti in June. They need a shoot first, ask questions later kind of player in the system.
We have ONE in Hartford. Vinny Lettieri. Would now LOVE to see him brought back up for a final "shot" on our PP. Imagine a pass from Panarin to Vinny. Yeah, shoot 1st, ask if anybody tipped it in, later.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Headed out to Vegas tomorrow. God help me. Should I bet on the Rangers or against them? Anybody else going? @bobbop?
I might NOT bet against them, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet ON them. Remember how Vegas just schooled us at the Garden,? Well forget revenge, not happening. They probably will rinse/repeat that game. They ARE what the Rangers will hope to look like NEXT YEAR.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
1. Georgiev - another stellar game with some unbelievable saves
2. Smith - for establishing himself a legit 3rd line winger
3. DeAngelo - first goal was like 10-20% his fault, but he got much better as the game went on

HM: Skjei
Some people (actually just 1 or 2) laughed at me for suggesting Smith on 3rd line. Nobody can tell me he "deserves 4th line, 4 minutes per game". He has a bad rap, yes. But the way he has been playing, hard, very hard and has been a positive on the ice making good plays and decisions, especially on PK........I will also add he has been a helluva lot more noticeable than 3 or 4 Rangers including KK.
I suppose in a perfect world, as long as he is here he would be on the 4th, but this team is far from a finished product and he DESERVES the 10-13 minutes he is getting.
Wont mention anyone's name but I do this with "my pillow", and my favorit book was the hobbit.
"He should NEVER see the 3rd line", he has a right to his opinion, but I have a right to voice mine.
Turns out, I am not so crazy, after all.

Deleted member 23124

Some people (actually just 1 or 2) laughed at me for suggesting Smith on 3rd line. Nobody can tell me he "deserves 4th line, 4 minutes per game". He has a bad rap, yes. But the way he has been playing, hard, very hard and has been a positive on the ice making good plays and decisions, especially on PK........I will also add he has been a helluva lot more noticeable than 3 or 4 Rangers including KK.
I suppose in a perfect world, as long as he is here he would be on the 4th, but this team is far from a finished product and he DESERVES the 10-13 minutes he is getting.
Wont mention anyone's name but I do this with "my pillow", and my favorit book was the hobbit.
"He should NEVER see the 3rd line", he has a right to his opinion, but I have a right to voice mine.
Turns out, I am not so crazy, after all.
Despite the rest of the world wanting to dump him at any opportunity, I was willing to reserve judgment on Smith, especially after I heard DQ's initial pressers....I thought that the system DQ wanted to play would fit Smith's style. I don't know what happened after the Ottawa playoff series (I want to say AV, but I'll refrain). While he hasn't exactly regained the snarl he had during that series, he has certainly upped his game to become a valuable player for DQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad