Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I would do either Panarin-Zib-Kakko or Panarin-Zib-Buch

At some point I’d like to play our best players together
When we play our best players together and come up empty, there obviously then will be lesser talent with lines 2-4, for the most part they might not produce.
Then...... people here say we should spread the wealth, to lengthen the lines.
Quinn obliges does exactly that and (for the most part) we like that, I know I do.
Most of the time, it only takes 2 real point producers on a line, 2 that really gel.
As soon as that dries up a bit (sometimes you have to give credit to opponents good defencing, but we panick) and then everhone wants to bulk up the top line. Hmmmm.

Honestly, KK has been the guilty party and causing the dry spell. He is a good "kid", and perish the thought of being conceived as a selfish type player. Playing with the likes of Zbad and Panarin its no wonder why he would be thinking pass first.

Hypothetically.......and conversely, playing him on the 4th, see how fast he realizes that HE must be the one to shoot more often than not, in order for that line to score.
A ridiculous example, but just making a point. Just play him on the 3rd with Chytil and maybe Lemieux and let the stew integrate its seasonings......at a low temperature. No stirring needed.
Lemieux needs to "grow" his game and placing him with younger players may force him into a "leader type" role within the line. Just saying.

Panarin has either got to be "selfish" more often or better yet KK has got to pot 1 or 2 really soon, to get his spirits up.
That flu, really set him back.......he is 18, for crying out loud.
Kreider and Buchnevich havent been producing, its really on them. In fact, all forwards have been less than....... lately.
With our defensive corps, scoring the way they have been and leading the league......if we had any good production up front, we would be winning these close games.

1 game does not make a dry spell. We havent been shut out this year and that is only the 4th time scoring 1.
Twice in the last 3, 5 total goals........so, true........we are slumping a bit
Woukdnt be surprised if that is what he does......bulk up the top line. Just to try and get some goal scoring. Seems to be his M.O.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is one of the worst losses of the season. One of the worst in the last few years
For me it was...... considering WHO we lost to. Not by how bad they actually played. Flip end, was thrilled with that 6-5 win, and Canadian fans freaking the eff out.

Are we freaking out similarly? Probably not, just blaming our coach. Does everyone know, he literally is STILL a rookie himself in coaching years?

Reactions: CasusBelli

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That may be true, but I recall way too much passing around the perimeter waiting for JJ to get open. And I suspect a great many of those shots were from the perimeter.

But the one constant of all the teams since the lockout is that they think pass first and second (maybe even third)...in situations where they should have taken the shot....How many times over the years have we heard the announcers and media say they need to be more selfish in that regard?
Probably because of the analytics getting involved too much and "into" the psyche of the players trying to make the less than better pctg. pass that leads to a better pctg. shot.
Doesnt that make sense?

I prefer getting shots to the net and trying to get rebounds and forcing defenseman to scurry while getting in on forecheck.
But with goalies as good as they are, those shots AREN'T going in, and if you DON'T have anyone there to collect a rebound.....it becomes a one and done.

I love those seam passes, but save them for the PP. 5v5 just get a shot and then figure out the rest. Goalies mishandle, sometimes leave juicy rebounds, defenseman cough it up with pressure......figure it out and shoot, shoot and shoot some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad