Post-Game Talk: #28 - 12/02/18 | jets @ RANGERS | 6:00 - MSG

Three stars

• Total voters

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
A lot of positives tonight though. Marc Staal as Bobby Orr and vintage Lundqvist couldn't pull out a win with a 1 in 4, 25%, gotta stop the damn puck kind of PDO. The tank is just beginning. Hopefully we'll have a strong middle of the season with a .333 point percentage.

Reactions: TheTakedown

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Damn straight. Then get me another high end winger. Is it too much to ask for both Dach and Podkolzin?
Hey you never know we got to studs in Kravtsov and Miller so how about Dach and Soderstrom (since Byram will be gone) or Podkolzin and Soderstrom. JG has to find a way to just give us one more middle to late teens first rounder. Will be hard as f*** but hope he can. If Tampa wins the cup we can have another three first rounders. Maybe Kaliyev drops to 31...ok I will stop dreaming.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The game-tying goal is on him. He controls the rebound and we win.
That’s uh, not correct.

It’s not like he flubbed a dump in, he barely stopped a hard shot and the rebound went to a guy who had two Rangers on him yet nobody actually guarding him. Plays like that happen all the time with the back checker preventing any chance there. That goal is on the back checker I think it was Chytil.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I still think this forward corps will be serviceable very soon if things shake out.

The defense needs to be nuked and completely re-materialized like the god damn big bang.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The difference between a contender (the Jets) and the Rangers is stark. Rangers have some serious development to do.
The Jets took forever and a boatload of first round picks to get here while we were trading them like m&m candies. If JG can continue what he is doing hopefully two more years and we can compete with these guys

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Imagine him playing with an actual first line player? Like scheifele gets to play with guys like wheeler Laine ehlers Connor meanwhile Mika plays with fast namestnikov and Jimmy Vesey lol

This is what a rebuild looks like unfortunately. No shit this team is nowhere near the talent on display in Winnipeg. Zibanejad, Kreider, Chytil and Kravtsov, that’s what Gorton is building on. Andersson and Howden are 3rd liners in that equation. The defense is even farther away. People need to be reminded of how early the Rangers are into this process.

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
That’s uh, not correct.

It’s not like he flubbed a dump in, he barely stopped a hard shot and the rebound went to a guy who had two Rangers on him yet nobody actually guarding him. Plays like that happen all the time with the back checker preventing any chance there. That goal is on the back checker I think it was Chytil.

I give you kudos to trying to help those out there who struggle with understanding the game at the most basic level.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Somebody out of the playoffs would have to be dumb enough to trade us a first for that to happen.
This is true or to incredibly get lucky with a team that is close to making playoffs and then drops like a rock. As we saw last year its very hard to obtain say top 10/15 pick in first rounder via in season trade.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m sorry but I have no idea how any watches Lias Andersson and goes “man great pick at 7 especially considering we are desperate for high end talent. That kid has all the tools to be a 60 plus point player in his prime”.

The kid has zero tools zero. We just can not afford to not get game breaking talent drafting in the top 7 picks again. Cannot do it. We’re going to have that chance again this summer and I’m terrified at what we might do.

I’m sorry I don’t want to keep bringing it up but I can’t get over it. He shows nothing that makes you go yeah I see it. He just has to put it all together. He doesn’t have the skills the size the skating to actually put together.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Left the game after the second, said to myself on the way out “they better not get a loser point”

Good to know I can see the future

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
It sure is painful to be a Rangers fan right now.

I wish this season was over now so that we could look forward to a draft with whatever extra picks we get for Hayes, Zucc, Strome, McQuaid and Namestikov

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m sorry but I have no idea how any watches Lias Andersson and goes “man great pick at 7 especially considering we are desperate for high end talent. That kid has all the tools to be a 60 plus point player in his prime”.

The kid has zero tools zero. We just can not afford to not get game breaking talent drafting in the top 7 picks again. Cannot do it. We’re going to have that chance again this summer and I’m terrified at what we might do.

I’m sorry I don’t want to keep bringing it up but I can’t get over it. He shows nothing that makes you go yeah I see it. He just has to put it all together. He doesn’t have the skills the size the skating to actually put together.

That draft kind of...wasn't good. I maintain that the best player taken after Andersson was Chytil.

If we f*** this draft up, which is absolutely loaded, that's a problem.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Winnepeg has like eight guys who are genuinely frustrated when they go a game without scoring.

The Rangers have 20 guys who call their Mom when they get an assist.

This made me literally laugh well done

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016

It was a weak draft for high end talent. Half this board clamors for Casey M but he is hot garbage. Pick was in no mans land based on what happened 1-6.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
It's a pleasure every time I get to watch the Jets skate in New York City, at Madison Square Garden no less. It's something I figured I'd never see again. You guys are all class, and the moniker the best fans in sports is well-deserved. Knowledgeable and passionate. It always brings a smile to my face to see Winnipeg up there on the same marquee as NYC.

Zibanejad is a really good player. Good luck with your season, however you wish it to turn out. Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad