Post-Game Talk: #28 - 12/02/18 | jets @ RANGERS | 6:00 - MSG

Three stars

• Total voters

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Then most likely that’s our guy. Clark already has him circled in red pen.

Just stop. Everyone knows they wanted Pettersson. Everyone after the top six had question marks. They then took Chytil, and followed that up with Kravtsov, Miller and Lundkvist. Not one of those players are what you’re describing.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Buddy, you can't complain about Lias' skating and then come in here saying Dach is a smooth skater, and I like Dach and Cozens a lot :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

There is zero comparison between Dach and Lias in terms of skating. Dach skating has gotten better and better. I don’t consider it a weakness at all

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
But there was nobody else.

It's not like Tarasenko was on the board like in 2010 or the 2010 Canadian National Team was on the board like in 2003.
Tbf its only been 2 seasons since the draft gotta give it another year or two before seeing who the best players from that first round are.
This also applies for Andersson and Chytil, they're still getting used to playing in the NHL and I think they're getting better as the season moves on. I still stand by the belief Lias will be a bo Horvat-esque player

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just stop. Everyone knows they wanted Pettersson. Everyone after the top six had question marks. They then took Chytil, and followed that up with Kravtsov, Miller and Lundkvist. Not one of those players are what you’re describing.

I’m not saying another word about it tonight. All good choices no question. Except that none were too 7 picks. That’s where we can’t figure it out. We rarely get to pick that high and when we do we blow it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tbf its only been 2 seasons since the draft gotta give it another year or two before seeing who the best players from that first round are.
This also applies for Andersson and Chytil, they're still getting used to playing in the NHL and I think they're getting better as the season moves on. I still stand by the belief Lias will be a bo Horvat-esque player
Speaking of Horvat, Vancouver seemingly has all the pieces in place and yet they just get worse and worse. That's the weird place I wanna avoid.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

With Zibanejad here, and a strong center draft in which the Rangers will most certainly drafting in the top seven, I can live with Andersson as Howden ‘s LW.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
For such an emotional sport and by far the sports franchise I root for the most its hard being an apathetic Ranger fan this year. When they suck I think damn I just hope the development of the kids isn't hampered and when they win I'm like shit we are never gonna get one of the possible tremendous players in that top 7 range in the 2019 draft. Stuck in f***ing no mans land.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I have no problem with your complaints. Shootouts suck.

Let’s be honest if we didn’t all complain there wouldn’t be a board t
Yeah I do complain about a bunch of things, to which I'll just broadly gesture at the team...

We all do. Coming here shouldn’t be just about rainbows and farts. Guys that complain about guys complaining about the team on the teams message board are actually the ones that annoy me

Reactions: egelband

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Speaking of Horvat, Vancouver seemingly has all the pieces in place and yet they just get worse and worse. That's the weird place I wanna avoid.
I think the issue there is mostly goaltending and defense. If Demko and Hughes are as good as advertised they should be ok

Reactions: Machinehead

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
With Zibanejad here, and a strong center draft in which the Rangers will most certainly drafting in the top seven, I can live with Andersson as Howden ‘s LW.
I wouldn't be too surprised if both Lias and Chytil both ended up as wingers when its all said and done.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The Bruins should have Barzal, Connor and Chabot to go with their current lineup. Want to complain about draft picks, you don't get much worse than that.

Andersson will be fine and better than many of the "elites" that were listed.

What about his game makes you say that? Which part exactly? His shot? His vision? His edge work? His size and strength? His speed? His ability to carry the puck and make plays? Other than wishful thinking I’m just curious what it is that you see?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
For such an emotional sport and by far the sports franchise I root for the most its hard being an apathetic Ranger fan this year. When they suck I think damn I just hope the development of the kids is hampered and when they win I'm like **** we are never gonna get one of the possible tremendous players in that top 7 range in the 2019 draft. Stuck in ****ing no mans land.

Feel exact same way. Weird year

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Honestly, after seeing the Jets in person it's hard to imagine a team with Chytil and Amdersson as centerpieces accomplishing much.
Chytil is barely 19. Unless something crazy happens in two or three years this kid will be a beast. They just need to continue to add the pieces. Gonna be another few years before all comes to fruition.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly, after seeing the Jets in person it's hard to imagine a team with Chytil and Amdersson as centerpieces accomplishing much.
To be fair, people would have said this about Blake Wheeler until he was about 29.

Connor and Ehlers are good players, nothing unattainable.

Laine is a nice piece, but I don't think he drives that team. It's not something you absolutely need to contend.

We need the Scheifele. That's what this organization is missing right now.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I actually think Chytil can be a center piece. Remember he is only 19. Also, there are other talented picks and prospects that are not on the team just yet. They will also have 2, maybe 3 first rounders this year as well. It's just going to take time. It took the jets a long time of sucking to build that team.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
To be fair, people would have said this about Blake Wheeler until he was about 29.

Connor and Ehlers are good players, nothing unattainable.

Laine is a nice piece, but I don't think he drives that team. It's not something you absolutely need to contend.

We need the Scheifele. That's what this organization is missing right now.

I cannot give you enough ’likes’ for this post.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I wouldn't be too surprised if both Lias and Chytil both ended up as wingers when its all said and done.

Who is going to be our future 1st or 2nd line center aside from Zib (or Hayes depending on which of the 2 is eventually traded).

Plus in 3-4 years when they are hitting their prime the left over center (Zib or Hayes) will probably be traded.

I'd be pretty shocked if Andersson isn't playing 2nd line center in a couple years. Chytil I can see on wing on the first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad