GDT: #27: FLYERS at Sabres, Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Varone up. Did someone get banged up getting pushed around by those heavy fast skilled CLB jackets? LOL. Scratch Raffl.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Varone is a center. If he's used, it's to try him at 3C, I reckon, in sheltered scoring minutes. Can handle the PP2 too. Maybe move Laughton to 4C.

Not going to lie, I have on occasion this season wondered what he'd be like in the NHL, though he's a couple years older than your other johnny-come-lately AHL-to-NHL players. I'm not totally against it just as a desperation heave and assessing something in the organization. More upside than Ghoul or Leier or someone. Obviously, we want Misha. But if it gets Lehtera out, whatever. Lol Lehtera's not coming out, is he?

But, Chuck, make sure to b*tch slap Hakstol into giving young kids minutes, okay? Don't forget that. That's like Step 1.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Varone is a center. If he's used, it's to try him at 3C, I reckon. Can handle the PP2 too. Maybe move Laughton to 4C.

Not going to lie, I have on occasion this season wondered what he'd be like in the NHL. I'm not totally against it. Obviously, we want Misha or someone. But if it gets Lehtera out, whatever. Lol Lehtera's not coming out, is he?

Lehtera to wing. Lindblom to press box.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Varone is a center. If he's used, it's to try him at 3C, I reckon. Can handle the PP2 too. Maybe move Laughton to 4C.

Not going to lie, I have on occasion this season wondered what he'd be like in the NHL. I'm not totally against it. Obviously, we want Misha or someone. But if it gets Lehtera out, whatever. Lol Lehtera's not coming out, is he?

Whats the scouting report on Varone ?

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
just more shit on the wall to see if it sticks. that and being desprate to keep this lame coach around. i wonder if they consulted with hakstal on this move too.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
just more **** on the wall to see if it sticks. that and being desprate to keep this lame coach around. i wonder if they consulted with hakstal on this move too.

Gordon was pumping Varone's tires earlier this week. Bob Rotruck was tweeting about it.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Whats the scouting report on Varone ?

Well, you're not AHL MVP by accident. He has a lot of versatile skill for that level. Definitely one of the best AHL vets they've had in recent times, along with Weal. Heavier game than Weal though, which should please someone.

Can he handle NHL system work and checking, so as to not get caved to play offense? Is he smart enough? We'll see. You look at other examples like Gourde, but he's a lot faster and 1 year younger (2 years if you use last year). 28 year old career AHLers......shouldn't expect much. But it's whatever. If he even plays. Or if he plays, if he plays.

Lehtera and Lindblom scratched.

That'd be so pathetic if Weise is in over Lindblom. Lindblom is better at 5v5 than Raffl or Simmonds even. But Weise. Him first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad