GDT: #27: FLYERS at Sabres, Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I’m just glad we’re finally seeing the REAL Hakstol now that Hextall is done puppeteering everything with the roster.

Clearly none of the idiotic moves were Haks fault, since, as we all know, #HakstolHadNoChoice

Hextall is what made him overuse MacDonald and they’re talking every day about their agreement that Sanheim needs to play less. Hak is an outstanding development coach.

The difference since Hexy left is striiiking.

MacDonald up from 17:17 (14:38) to 20:18 (17:23)

Sanheim down from 16:15 (14:51) to 13:54 (13:28)

Lindblom down from 12:54 (11:54) to 6:41 (5:16)

NHL.com - Stats

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fletcher needs to make some trades because the combos don't work:
The best lines, given the players they current have:

G - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - TK (keep Voracek far away from Patrick, horrible chemistry this year)
JVR - Weal - Simmonds
Raffl - Laughton - Weise

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - MacDonald/Folin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fletcher needs to make some trades because the combos don't work:
The best lines, given the players they current have:

G - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - TK (keep Voracek far away from Patrick, horrible chemistry this year)
JVR - Weal - Simmonds
Raffl - Laughton - Weise

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - MacDonald/Folin

The line combos don't work because they're the work of a f***ing idiot. Changing the players just changes the pieces being mangled.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think any coach can make these line combos work without some trades.
Hakstol may not be maximizing their potential, but these are the wrong players.
We don't have a 3C, we don't have enough speed, we don't have enough forwards with good shots.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The line combos don't work because they're the work of a ****ing idiot. Changing the players just changes the pieces being mangled.

insert image of a kid trying to pound a square peg into a round hole toy... just sittin there pounding and pounding on the toy hammer

UGH i suk at linking stuff on this board... GRRRR
1mdheCj

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think any coach can make these line combos work without some trades.
Hakstol may not be maximizing their potential, but these are the wrong players.
We don't have a 3C, we don't have enough speed, we don't have enough forwards with good shots.

Absolutely they can. Multiple better combinations have been posted by the amateurs here. The same amateurs who wanted TK on the top line for ages and were right.

Oh that's right, your assessment was that TK was a 4th liner and nothing more.

Methinks your roster evaluation is lacking.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No, most of those combos posted here don't work.
If you keep TK on the first line, there is no good 2nd and 3rd lines you can put together right now with this group of forwards.

You won't admit that, b/c your fantasy is a new coach will "change" players who've demonstrated the same strengths and weaknesses for a decade (Voracek, JVR, Simmonds) or help other players transcend their talent limitations (Weal, Laughton, Raffl, Weise).

Fletcher is smart enough to know a new coach isn't going to make silk purses out of sows' ears.

You know that's not what I said about TK and the 4th line, but you lie as much as the POTUS.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No, most of those combos posted here don't work.
If you keep TK on the first line, there is no good 2nd and 3rd lines you can put together right now with this group of forwards.

You won't admit that, b/c your fantasy is a new coach will "change" players who've demonstrated the same strengths and weaknesses for a decade (Voracek, JVR, Simmonds) or help other players transcend their talent limitations (Weal, Laughton, Raffl, Weise).

Fletcher is smart enough to know a new coach isn't going to make silk purses out of sows' ears.

You know that's not what I said about TK and the 4th line, but you lie as much as the POTUS.

No, my fantasy is a coach who doesn't demote good players in favor of awful ones.

Do you consider that to be good coaching?

Do you think there is a single coach out there who is superior to Hakstol?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Absolutely they can. Multiple better combinations have been posted by the amateurs here. The same amateurs who wanted TK on the top line for ages and were right.

Oh that's right, your assessment was that TK was a 4th liner and nothing more.

Methinks your roster evaluation is lacking.

The Flyers could very easily have one of the best top sixes in the NHL by assembling one of the following combinations:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek

or

JVR - Patrick - Voracek

Either one should be able to win their matchups routinely.

There are also other combinations that could potentially work, that haven't been tried.

Somehow this dimwit assembled the worst possible combination for the 2nd line:

JVR - Patrick - Simmonds

No one to carry the puck through the neutral zone with speed. No one that is a plus playmaker. I'm sure he was thinking "I want this line to play more of a heavy, grinding type game."

HE'S SO CATASTROPHICALLY f***ING STUPID.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Something's Gone Wrong Again" by Buzzcocks

Oh shit or ("Oh Shit!"), your posting of this had me looking for other applicable Buzzcocks songs and remembering how much I love them. I was going "Why Can't I Touch It" (JVR/Lindblom and the top 6), "Autonomy" (Hakstol), or "Harmony in My Head" (general fan mood right now).

And in doing so, I just saw that Pete Shelley died yesterday. f***, man, I hate that. RIP to him, terrific songwriter and a huge force. Influence bigger than probably anyone expected.

Fun, sideways fact: Steve Garvey, bassist for the Buzzcocks during much of their early heyday and I think all of the songs on Singles Going Steady, ended up living in New Hope and working construction for Toll Brothers. Probably retired by now, but still a Bucks County resident.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers could very easily have one of the best top sixes in the NHL by assembling one of the following combinations:

Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek

or

JVR - Patrick - Voracek

Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek has been a big "fail" this season, in fact, Patrick - Voracek simply doesn't work.

So try again.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek has been a big "fail" this season, in fact, Patrick - Voracek simply doesn't work.

So try again.

This is going to be hard for you to consider, since you think Patrick is gonna be borderline elite when you absolutely scoff at Giroux having that status... But maybe the problem is Patrick. It's odd that you're ignoring the other consistent part of the equation.

Or maybe the fact that the line is playing in an absolutely idiotic system affects then negatively. Not sure why you'd ignore that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca