GDT: #27: FLYERS at Sabres, Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He was saying how Hextall had a lot of control over Hakstol. I literally just let him talk and was like the fans aren’t coming back until Hakstol is fired. No one wants to watch boring hockey like this.

Literally the players to the fans are disinterested. I get waiting on Q but you can make knob the interim and then if you get Q make Knob the head coach of the phantoms.

I'm pretty gobsmacked that they have the ticket reps spewing this. I'm not surprised that this is the company line, just that the reps are this open about it. I couldn't get through a conversation like that without ... well, I don't know what I would do. Laugh, curse, implode, explode. Someone should conference me in to one of these so I can try out some options.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Geez, do they think you're an idiot? That's insulting.

If Hex had so much control over Hakstol, then why is Hak doing even more of the bad things?

That’s how I felt at first too bc he and I have talked flyers and it’s clear we are on the same page. So it was programmed thing. I’m sure others heard the same.

When he said Hextall had all the control I really wanted to say something about amac and Sanheim. Would have hit well. I really just wanted to say: I’m and smart knowledgeable guy. Let me try and run this team. Imagine if one of us got a crack at it. No more incompetence. We’d have misha and Myers up. Go with Stolarz/Howard and fire Hak. Winning in no time.

I feel kind of sorry for him. What a terrible job to have to do.

Yea I got the sense the entire dept was in damage control mode.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Also:

Combining the young players TOI:

TK (16:00) + Sanheim (12:38) + Lindblom (4:38) = 33:16 TOI

Amac (20:54) + Weise (9:59) + Lehtera (4:56) = 35:49 TOI

* Lindblom least used F at 4:38 TOI and 2:43 TOI at EVEN STRENGTH

* Sanheim least used D at 12:38 TOI and 12:19 TOI at even strength.

* Amac 2nd most used D at 20:54 TOI and 15:47 TOI at even strength.

Amac got over 8 min more than Sanheim and Hagg got over 7 min more than Sanheim.

Every single Dman had at least 3:30min more TOI than Sanheim.

This is against CBJ.

HOW THE f*** IS HE NOT FIRED YET!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

What’s the story on him? He is fast and skilled at all? He seems to put up good pts. Why was he not brought up earlier? I can 100% see Fletcher on this.

Amac better be benched. Folin has played well. Amac either gives up a goal like aturnover or has a unique ability to not influence play at all. He may as well not be there. Just have a guy cherry pick at the blue line instead. Wiese already does it half the time anyway.

If we go Folin and varone plays well at 3C I think we get a point out of it.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
KJBR.gif
God, you say?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Also:

Combining the young players TOI:

TK (16:00) + Sanheim (12:38) + Lindblom (4:38) = 33:16 TOI

Amac (20:54) + Weise (9:59) + Lehtera (4:56) = 35:49 TOI

* Lindblom least used F at 4:38 TOI and 2:43 TOI at EVEN STRENGTH

* Sanheim least used D at 12:38 TOI and 12:19 TOI at even strength.

* Amac 2nd most used D at 20:54 TOI and 15:47 TOI at even strength.

Amac got over 8 min more than Sanheim and Hagg got over 7 min more than Sanheim.

Every single Dman had at least 3:30min more TOI than Sanheim.

This is against CBJ.

HOW THE **** IS HE NOT FIRED YET!

lol imagine making excuses for this ****ing baboon :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What’s the story on him? He is fast and skilled at all? He seems to put up good pts. Why was he not brought up earlier? I can 100% see Fletcher on this.

Amac better be benched. Folin has played well. Amac either gives up a goal like aturnover or has a unique ability to not influence play at all. He may as well not be there. Just have a guy cherry pick at the blue line instead. Wiese already does it half the time anyway.

If we go Folin and varone plays well at 3C I think we get a point out of it.

When I watch, Varone seems to buzz around and certainly has a nose for the net and finishing / creating scoring chances...at the AHL level. Calling him up is a Hail Mary though.

Amac benched? He's Haks 2D now that Hexy is gone. Why would he bench him?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
When I watch, Varone seems to buzz around and certainly has a nose for the net and finishing / creating scoring chances...at the AHL level. Calling him up is a Hail Mary though.

Amac benched? He's Haks 2D now that Hexy is gone. Why would he bench him?
That sounds good for varone. I would put lindblom and JVR with him. He will likely get wiese and raf.

It’s easily the most mind boggling thing about Hak. Same thing with MDZ. Plays like dog shit. Get benched. Comes back and leads the team in icetime. At least with MDZ we didn’t have anything much better. Here we have several options.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That sounds good for varone. I would put lindblom and JVR with him. He will likely get wiese and raf.

It’s easily the most mind boggling thing about Hak. Same thing with MDZ. Plays like dog ****. Get benched. Comes back and leads the team in icetime. At least with MDZ we didn’t have anything much better. Here we have several options.

Nothing boggles my mind about Hakstol because I have accepted that he is the 2nd dumbest motherf***er currently employed in the United States of America.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I don't think any coach can make these line combos work without some trades.
Hakstol may not be maximizing their potential, but these are the wrong players.
We don't have a 3C, we don't have enough speed, we don't have enough forwards with good shots.
I think your wrong here. Time and time again it’s how he uses lines and pairings. When players get time and when they don’t.
Example is after pk. Going to two dman out of the only four who play on it. We know who doesn’t. And after a kill it’s good to push play right away use the momentum. Instead it’s usually a Mac and hagger. Icing after along shift in the ozone. Lehteras line. No get another scoring line with dmen who can keep the zone. Doesn’t matter what lines cause he adheres to roles too much. And his adjustments are hilarious. Last night his go to move was benching a young player for no reason and two out of four centers. Lol. Now I don’t mind raffl playing center if it takes tough assignments away from coots. To get him better match ups. For more scoring.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Varone was called up, Fletcher is in complete control.
Varone is a look-see, Fletcher trying to gauge different players and whether they can fill in if he makes some trades.
And maybe a reward for good citizenship, but Fletcher wouldn't be expected to owe anything to Varone.

My suspicion is a month or so of an extended tryouts, players who Fletcher knows he's gonna keep may see some minutes reduced temporarily, players he wants to look at more closely or showcase may get a few more minutes.

Come January, the s++t will probably hit the fan at some point.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If Varone was called up, Fletcher is in complete control.
Varone is a look-see, Fletcher trying to gauge different players and whether they can fill in if he makes some trades.
And maybe a reward for good citizenship, but Fletcher wouldn't be expected to owe anything to Varone.

My suspicion is a month or so of an extended tryouts, players who Fletcher knows he's gonna keep may see some minutes reduced temporarily, players he wants to look at more closely or showcase may get a few more minutes.

Come January, the s++t will probably hit the fan at some point.

LOL no, we are gonna see the exact same idiocy. Hakstol is a moron. He doesn't care.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We'll see, I expect Fletcher to move some Hive favorites, you don't shake up the team or move the needle by trading/waiving AMac, Weise, Weal, Lehtera or Folin, and you're not going to get a top nine forward or top four defenseman for Laughton, Raffl, or Hagg.

And there's no one at LHV ready to make a significant difference THIS season.

Fletcher has zero loyalty to anyone on this roster.
I think the only untouchables will be G, Couts, Patrick, Lindblom, TK, Provorov and Sanheim.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, it's easier to gauge players with the current coach b/c he has three years of film to watch them in the same scheme, so he can note who's declining physically and who is just a screw up.
With a new coach and a new system, you really can't come to any conclusions to June, and he isn't waiting that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad