GDT: [#27] Dallas Stars @ Vancouver Canucks, 3pm CST

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's not Heiskanen's fault but replacing Klingberg with Heiskanen is going to substantially worsen the power play. They are a team so it's everyone's fault for not getting it done, coaches included.

Especially the players making over $9M. At that pay grade you are expected to get it done with or without the $4M defenseman that carries your team.

Didn't this bad stretch start while we still had Klingberg?

Reactions: Henderson33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Technically, but when Klingberg got hurt the power play was still highly ranked, top 10 IIRC. A good power play has highs and lows. This one is all lows.

We need better net front guys. Hintz, Dickinson, Faksa. All should be seeing/given a chance at 1st PP time in the slot. Its ridiculous Dickinson hasn't been giving any PP time yet at all.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hanzal is our PP saviour!

Honestly though, a healthy Hanzal is a great player. Problem is, he's coming off surgery and is injury prone. Likely doesn't last long when he does get back.

Reactions: Kcb12345

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Hanzal is our PP saviour!

Honestly though, a healthy Hanzal is a great player. Problem is, he's coming off surgery and is injury prone. Likely doesn't last long when he does get back.
Maybe we can convince Guy Carbonneau to make a comeback and solve our offensive woes.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Guess it was to be expected that the best version of Roussel would show up to play today.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How did I go from hating the Polak signing to loving this guy?

I know I'm not the only one!

He's pretty much the Roussel replacement the way he plays physically. Takes dumb penalties at time as well albeit way less.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
How did I go from hating the Polak signing to loving this guy?

I know I'm not the only one!

I thought he would be our scapegoat but I underestimated Honka.

Overall the defensemen have been doing their jobs. They can be better offensively but they are limited on talent so I can't hold it against them.

Reactions: Henderson33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad