GDT: [#27] Dallas Stars @ Vancouver Canucks, 3pm CST

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Technically, but when Klingberg got hurt the power play was still highly ranked, top 10 IIRC. A good power play has highs and lows. This one is all lows.
The PP was terrible even when Klingberg was healthy.

Games 1-5: 54.5% (first) - hot streak
Games 6-16: 11.5% (28th) - with Klingberg
Games 17-25: 7.4% (29th) - without Klingberg

Games 6-25: 9.3% (last) - total post-hot streak

Reactions: Kcb12345

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
There is no way they send Bayreuther down to keep Hanley or Fedun up. Hanley is gone as soon as someone is back, or he is scratched and Honka is gone

Absolutely, I should have said when the defense gets healthy, not just Methot. That's my bad, sorry. But do you believe they get rid of Honka on waivers and keep Bayreuther? They would add Carrick, Methot and Klingberg (I'm excluding Johns, because who knows with him). But does Bayreuther beat out any of those or is he better off getting minutes with Texas?

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
The PP was terrible even when Klingberg was healthy.

Games 1-5: 54.5% (first) - hot streak
Games 6-16: 11.5% (28th) - with Klingberg
Games 17-25: 7.4% (29th) - without Klingberg

Games 6-25: 9.3% (last) - total post-hot streak

Looks like it got worse after Klingberg got hurt. Also I don't understand why you're disregarding the hot streak. That data is as good as any other.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Absolutely, I should have said when the defense gets healthy, not just Methot. That's my bad, sorry. But do you believe they get rid of Honka on waivers and keep Bayreuther? They would add Carrick, Methot and Klingberg (I'm excluding Johns, because who knows with him). But does Bayreuther beat out any of those or is he better off getting minutes with Texas?

I think Honka either gets traded as part of a bigger deal, swapped for a young struggling winger, or traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Bayreuther beats out Carrick and Honka imo and I doubt Johns returns. I think Polak-Bayreuther is a great 3rd pairing. Methot-Heiskanen I assume is the 2nd pairing when he returns

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looks like it got worse after Klingberg got hurt. Also I don't understand why you're disregarding the hot streak. That data is as good as any other.
Yes, it got worse. It went from almost the worst in the league to just a bit worse.

I don’t disregard the hot streak, but it was the first week or so of the season. The data is old and hasn’t represented what this PP has been ever since.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think Honka either gets traded as part of a bigger deal, swapped for a young struggling winger, or traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Bayreuther beats out Carrick and Honka imo and I doubt Johns returns. I think Polak-Bayreuther is a great 3rd pairing. Methot-Heiskanen I assume is the 2nd pairing when he returns

I don't disagree with you at all on how it should be handled. I just question how Nill will handle it. I agree with that Bayreuther-Polak pairing, that looks nice as a third pair.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Yes, it got worse. It went from almost the worst in the league to just a bit worse.

I don’t disregard the hot streak, but it was the first week or so of the season. The data is old and hasn’t represented what this PP has been ever since.

So my idea that Heiskanen on the PP over Klingberg is a downgrade should be a pretty obvious observation that doesn't require an argument, right?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't even think Polak will sit even when everyone is healthy. With so many people out the PK is basically play Roman Polak as much as possible there and profit and well profit they do. PK has been outstanding . As #6 i think he should stay in .

Reactions: Henderson33

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also i'm not sure playing Gemel Smith for 3:25 minutes is worth it . Its so wierd . When Gemel slots in as the 12th forward he plays ~5 minutes at best.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Because he brings nothing, he did nothing on all his shifts but fall over, over skate pucks, and accomplish zip. Didnt even throw a hit.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Because he brings nothing, he did nothing on all his shifts but fall over, over skate pucks, and accomplish zip. Didnt even throw a hit.

I agree but we basically just use 11 forwards with Smith in the lineups . We could ice an actually useful player instead.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Well boys, as I was at the game I will claim the win!
I had a blast, met lots of great Stars fans, including some pals from Dallas and to be fair met lots of great Canucks fans too. So right now I'm in a beer infused high and in love with hockey. Result!

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I had a blast, met lots of great Stars fans, including some pals from Dallas and to be fair met lots of great Canucks fans too. So right now I'm in a beer infused high and in love with hockey. Result!
I miss the AAC though

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Appears they usually win when one of us on these boards attends the game...interesting

Reactions: Blindsummit

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
How did I go from hating the Polak signing to loving this guy?

I know I'm not the only one!
I was back and forth on only initially, granted hadn’t paid much attention to Polak’s play last season. Was glad we got a physical D back there after letting Hamhuis and Pateryn go. Especially with Johns out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad