Confirmed Signing with Link: 26 players have filed for Salary Arbitration *Updated with Arbitration schedule *

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
So, there's something wrong with DeAngelo for exercising a right that is granted to all players by the CBA, and most players choose when given the opportunity?

Cool story, bro.

Nothing at all wrong with electing arbitration. The LOL was all the Rags fans who kept trying to pawn him off on ANA - asking for the moon while assuring Ducks fans how he wasn't going to be looking for a big payday and how he'd be very reasonable to re-sign.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I'm curious about what arbitrators will do. Aren't they not allowed to make decisions based on the cap?

Keep in mind many of these players may have comparables that signed this offseason or will sign before the arbitration hearing under the pressure of the flat cap.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Well no arbitrator is awarding him enough for that. Isles can't walk away from anything below $4,538,958
You sure? I thought the team can always walk away unless they are the ones filing for arbitration.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
They could, but they won't. His agent isn't going to recommend that, because it's not in DeAngelo's best interest.

How many arbitration cases actually make it to a hearing? Very few.
You see many big free agent deals this off-season? Yeah. Me either. Best play is to tell NYR to see them at the arbitration hearing. Which has frequently rewarded players with very strong one year deals that will punish the Rangers cap.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If I am correct players who file for arbitration can't get an offer sheet right?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
My first thought as well...what’s his argument going to be for making any money?

It's to up his AHL pay. There's lots of guys on 2-way contracts who are making well over $100k in AHL. Joseph Blandisi is making $375k in AHL.

Ho-sang made only $70k last year in AHL. It's definitely worth it for him to go to arbitration. He could easily double that amount to $140k/$150k in the AHL. Isles can't walk away from it either.

He has a lot of comparables to get a significant AHL raise.

So 2-way, NHL minimum ($700k) and something like $150k in AHL.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Mikheyev has a charmin soft case in arbitration

23pts last year. arbitration doesnt usually consider pts/gm its more of a "what have you done?" kinda thing

Aston-Reece: 8g,17pts in 43 games (Settled for 1mil x 2 years)
Mikheyev: 7g/23pts in 39 games

I'm guessing 1.25x2

Reactions: uncleben

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
my pre arb offer to bertuzzi would be 5 X 6.25 . very valuable player that makes smart plays all 200' , ands there in the clutch . perfect 3rd man on a line with 2 talent guys , old time smart , hustling , scrappy hockey player

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You don’t get to resign them. You get to pay their arbitration awards.

Not remotely true at all. Teams resign their arbitration guys all the time, as a matter of fact it happens more than either side even needing arbitration. I bet, over 60% of these guys are all signed before the decision is made.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not remotely true at all. Teams resign their arbitration guys all the time, as a matter of fact it happens more than either side even needing arbitration. I bet, over 60% of these guys are all signed before the decision is made.
Bet you’ll see less of that as these agents realize it’s better to roll arbitration dice in this environment than take the crappy offers on the table.

Reactions: wintersej

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Bet you’ll see less of that as these agents realize it’s better to roll arbitration dice in this environment than take the crappy offers on the table.

I don't think it will be much different than normal for actual waiting for the decision. Most will be signed before then, Covid or not. UFA's are already taking less, and RFA's will get less as well. No different than everyone was predicting Covid offersheets and we have seen none and won't see any.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Comparables for Ho-Sand could be Joseph Blandisi (700k NHL/200K AHL), Zac Dalpe (750k/350k), Jakob Lilja (700k/70k), Jesper Boqvist (925k/70k), Rasmus Asplund ($845/$70), Phil Varone (700k/450k).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad