Pre-Game Talk: 26/02/2014 Detroit @ Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And he carried himself with dignity and class. A terrific young man

I was impressed by a comment I had heard (I believe it was on the CBC), where they indicated that Subban was first on the ice and the last to leave it. Now, that's a pro attitude and something all of us can take home, in the face of adversity -- focus on what you have control over and he sure did, without pouting or making waves off the ice.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Subban, Plek, Markov and Emelin will fall asleep during the game since it's 4-5AM over there.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Don't know what to expect from Chuckie tomorrow. At least everybody will start all over again at the same time, thanks to the Olympics break.
Crossing my fingers for some PP time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have no expectations for Chuckie. Just carefully-managed TOI, so he gets used to the pace of the game again. Just happy he's back and hasn't had to miss too many games. The gift of Sochi.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Doughty is getting INSANELY overrated for shining in qualification against a few terrible teams (Norway, Austria, Finland) to the point where our owns fans think he's better than Subban.

This tournament was an incredibly small sample size between teams with wild variations in talent level on different ice and Subban didn't play for whatever reasons and people will draw all kinds of stupid conclusions that don't apply to the NHL from it. Sad and annoying all at once.

I'd take both Subban and Karlsson above Doughty any day of the week.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Doughty is getting INSANELY overrated for shining in qualification against a few terrible teams (Norway, Austria, Finland) to the point where our owns fans think he's better than Subban.

This tournament was an incredibly small sample size between teams with wild variations in talent level on different ice and Subban didn't play for whatever reasons and people will draw all kinds of stupid conclusions that don't apply to the NHL from it. Sad and annoying all at once.

It's like people just forgot how damn good Subban played to start the season. He was arguably the best D-man for a while in a league full of great defensemen.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto

You should see the crap in the Subban Risky thread. Apparently PK Subban is Francis Bouillon, and Doughty, Pietrangelo and Weber are the 2nd coming of Orr, Lidstrom and Ray Bourque.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I haven't seen doughty play in awhile against NHL teams but you're spot on about shining against some pretty garbage teams. He did look fantastic on some of those plays but PK's done that in clutch times against proper players.

Doughty's skating is insane but PK's overall game more or less can't be beat. Especially his clutchness. So freaking clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad