Pre-Game Talk: 26/02/2014 Detroit @ Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Come on, don't you guys miss DD, Murray, Bouillon, Bourque, Parros? Don't you miss Gorges yelling "HERE WE GO BOYS, HERE WE GO! LET'S GO RED!"

Don't you miss this man taking baffling decisions?
Michel-Therrien-620x413.jpg

Following Team USA made me feel like Therrien never left the building for me. Bylsma is just as flawed as he is.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I don't think so.

He is. Doughty has not played Norris-like for a few seasons now. Keep in mind Doughty is allowed to do whatever he wants in LA. PK is getting mind****ed in Montreal with coaches stifling his creativity. Look at Karlsson. He's allowed to do whatever the hell he wants. Yea, it creates a lot of turnovers and shotty dwork but he's still effective.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@JFChaumontJDM: Alex Galchenyuk expects to return to the lineup Wednesday against the Red Wings in Montreal.

Great news. Hopefully, he'll warrant greater TOI as he gets into more games.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 10m

Waite says Price is off today, tomorrow. Then, with Therrien, they'll make decision on his return to Habs action

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He is. Doughty has not played Norris-like for a few seasons now. Keep in mind Doughty is allowed to do whatever he wants in LA. PK is getting mind****ed in Montreal with coaches stifling his creativity. Look at Karlsson. He's allowed to do whatever the hell he wants. Yea, it creates a lot of turnovers and shotty dwork but he's still effective.
Karlsson has superior "forward instincts" to Subban. Much deadlier on the rush; arguably as good a distributor as many elite centers, and can carry a PP all by himself. It is indeterminate whether Subban can keep it up after Markov leaves or if he is more of a shot-first guy and not the PP QB.

Doughty hasn't produced points like he has in the past. But I highly doubt Sutter is a guy who would let Doughty run free since that runs completely contrary to what Sutter's reputation is. Highly defensive, "gritty", "hard-working" hockey describes Darryl Sutter hockey to a T. In addition, guys like Muzzin are prone to "pylonness" in L.A more than Doughty himself in Sutter's defensive system. The few Kings game I had, Doughty might have made mistakes, but overall, one comes out with the impression that he never loses the confidence of the viewer, similar to Subban.

In addition, due to the injuries to Willie Mitchell and Andy Greene, Doughty was forced to play the defensive Dman in the lockout-shortened season.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

That is simply not true - LA plays a very structured game and score very few goals. Doughty's situation is much closer to Subban's then Karlsson's.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

Subban is getting there, but I would say Doughty is still better.

HABS win CUPS*

PK is just as good Doughty.

I think he can be too - maybe he could also exceed Weber because of his quickness.

Too bad we didn't get to see him thru the whole Olympics he would have grown so much just with the experience.

PK has the most room to grow out of any of the current high end D imho

HABS win CUPS*

He actually had this interview with Cabbie from TSN where PK said what he wanted to do was to learn as much as he can from those guys and bring it back to Montreal. It was something like that.

PK has the best attitude. Him and Price.

Yea think I saw that too he's so close to the top of the league in D he has such a powerhouse style - just needs more experience in big games playoffs etc

I love how everyone under estimates PK and he just learns and soaks it up.

:nod:

Price too I couldn't believe some of the Price comments in the olympics threads how do these people think we win games?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Back to reality.

So long debates on Subban, Hamhuis, Doughty and St Louis. Hello debates on DD, Murray and MT.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Subban is getting there, but I would say Doughty is still better.
Subban scores significantly more than Doughty does. Doughty would have to have a huge edge in defensive play to be considered better and he doesn't.

Doughty is freaking great but Subban's better. Wouldn't have said this a few years back but PK has leapfrogged him. I don't care who played at the Olympics.

Analyzer*

What wizardry is this ?

I don't have to wake up before I wake up ?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Not sure if anyone has said this but the lines at practice were:

Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Weise-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Moen-White-Parros

Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Gorges
Murray-Bouillon

As you can see no patch and pk they had just came in from Sochi.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 10m

Waite says Price is off today, tomorrow. Then, with Therrien, they'll make decision on his return to Habs action

Waite is also doing video sessions with Price to make sure he's adjusted back to NHL-sized rinks again. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad