Post-Game Talk: #24 - 11/29/19 | RANGERS @ bruins | 1:00 - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Teams like the Bruins are where I'd really like to see Kreider and Lemiuex step up as the players that play 'big', throw the body around and make life tough for the opposition. Neither were really noticable in this game
Kreider just isn't very physical for a guy with his size and speed.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I rarely complain on coaches for in game decisions. I never did it with Renney, rarely with Torts and very rarely with AV — but DQ is making bad mistakes.

Ziba had 24 minutes tonight, that is way to much. These guys are tired, of course they will make mistakes.

There are many many top guys in this league who don’t play much more than 18 minutes on many nights. There is a reason for that, it’s not like their coach wouldn’t like to use them more.

Fox was tired, it got to him. He was fantastic to start the game. Fantastic, then he was overused on that PP stretch in the second and never got his crispness back and lost some confidence.

DQs need to get better at managing the bench. Or to be honest, I wonder how much longer he will be here. Maybe it’s just this year.

So first it was Henrik's fault.. Now, it's DQ's.

Ola, the better team won tonight because that's the way the universe works. The better team, usually wins. The Bruins have the 2nd ranked PP in the league and have the best goal scorer in the game right now. The youngest team in the league, with an inexperienced head coach pushed the Bruins into OT.

This loss sucks considering we were up 2-0, but when looking at the big picture, I'll take this OT Loss.

I don't think Quinn is a longterm coach here. His job is to mold the youngsters. He'll play a role similar to Renney, and when this team is a real contender, hopefully Gorton finds a HC that can push the team over the top.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I love Hank but my point is just, we can just forget to make the POs this season unless we get good top 10 goaltending. We aren’t. And I think it’s a bit of a problem that more often than not it’s probably not even top 20. And that is a problem, we need better going forward.

JMHO. :)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Ola, the better team won tonight because that's the way the universe works. The better team, usually wins. The Bruins have the 2nd ranked PP in the league and have the best goal scorer in the game right now. The youngest team in the league, with an inexperienced head coach pushed the Bruins into OT.

This loss sucks considering we were up 2-0, but when looking at the big picture, I'll take this OT Loss.

I don't think Quinn is a longterm coach here. His job is to mold the youngsters. He'll play a role similar to Renney, and when this team is a real contender, hopefully Gorton finds a HC that can push the team over the top.

Boston aren’t the best team in the league without Bergeron.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Worst loss of the season. Someone nailed it with Buchnevich the guy has the composure of a dog on July 4th. Even against Montreal he f***ing lost the puck on his goal. He missed the net by a f***ing mile, absolutely pathetic.

Reactions: egelband

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
This is the kind of loss a young team needs to learn from and learn how to win a game like this. Hopefully they do and in the long run this is a good thing.

Can't let off the gas against the best teams.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
We played way better than I expected for most of the game. Pretty good performance, disappointing to blow the lead (something that has rarely been an issue this season). Once the Bruins killed the 5 on 3, you knew they were gonna get back in it.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The guy who dragged down the third line was Kakko. He looks very sluggish. I wonder if he is suffering the after effects of his recent sickness. He had no zip tonight and Howden was constantly coming over to help out on his side.
He was half a step behind on every play. Sucks that he got sick right as he was playing his best hockey. Just needs to get back to what he was doing.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Very good post. I also don't think Quinn is the coach to take us over the top when that time comes.

Reactions: Kupo

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Need kakko back on pp1. Him and Panarin were trading some nice cross-ice feeds plus kakko is so calm with the puck.
Lindgren looked great tonight, Chytil had a solid game and even Strome but idk what he was doing during that OT goal.

Boston got the momentum after they killed those penalties, a good lesson for our young, skilled group of players.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I rarely complain on coaches for in game decisions. I never did it with Renney, rarely with Torts and very rarely with AV — but DQ is making bad mistakes.

Ziba had 24 minutes tonight, that is way to much. These guys are tired, of course they will make mistakes.

There are many many top guys in this league who don’t play much more than 18 minutes on many nights. There is a reason for that, it’s not like their coach wouldn’t like to use them more.

Fox was tired, it got to him. He was fantastic to start the game. Fantastic, then he was overused on that PP stretch in the second and never got his crispness back and lost some confidence.

DQs need to get better at managing the bench. Or to be honest, I wonder how much longer he will be here. Maybe it’s just this year.
I never have issues with the coaching, I just don’t know anything about it to comment. But this is a good and fair point. Might ease Mika back in a bit. On the other hand I don’t think a minute or two extras really bothers players in general - like four shifts in a period is fine but five is karoshi? But in Mika’s case I can agree. And it sounds like he want himself today. Certainly something the coach should be on top of. That said, I’m good with Quinn and hate reading all the vague Dumb Coach nonsense.

Reactions: Blurt Vision

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Boston aren’t the best team in the league without Bergeron.

What point are you attempting to make here? Without Bergeron, they still have Marchand. Pasta. Krejci. Krug. And an excellent goalie tandem. They're a deep team.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Kakko hasn't been able to play 5v5 hockey at an NHL level yet if we're being honest. He's been good on the PP but he is dead last on the team in basically every 5v5 metric including points where he is even behind Hajek.

I'd try him with another center than Howden for a stretch first, but we're approaching the point where we should be seriously asking if he needs some time in the AHL.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We beat them for almost 2 periods, then a veteran team got two lucky goals , and man they were both lucky and they ended up winning in Ot. Step back from the ledge.

Reactions: LGR92 and egelband

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I can't believe this is getting blamed on Hank - their top line (even with 1 out ) has been the best in the league the last few seasons - all 3 of them hover around 100 points. This is not like losing to Ottawa.

We just lost to a better skilled and harder working veteran team - I'd happily take the 1 point, they could have easily won in the third and we get nothing.

Powerplay didn't work on the 5-3 because they didn't allow it to even be set up. Super smart and aggressive team. Zdeno picked off at least 3 behind the net passes with his huge stick - this team almost won the cup last year. We are going to lose to them 4 of 5 times - I don't get the outrage.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If it's me I'd add Buchnevich to pp1, we need a shooting threat from the other side for sure.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Buch got destroyed too. Arguably the best player in the league. Tip your hat when he makes that kinda play
If Hank doesn’t over-commit Pasternak is so slick he might bank it in of Hank’s posterior. And to be fair 99% of players flip that shot on goal rather than making that circus pass that - if not perfect - is a breakaway for the Rangers the other way. It’s just playing the percentages. It usually works but sometimes ends up a highlight reel goal.

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad