Post-Game Talk: #24 - 11/29/19 | RANGERS @ bruins | 1:00 - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
So there's no tangible evidence to suggest that this happens, but it happened today because we're deciding it happened?

You should read that again. His conclusion is that IN AGGREGATE fights didn’t change anything, but in specific games it did.

He looks at what happened the rest of the period the fight took place in. The Rangers had 20 shots on goal at the time of the fight with 9 minutes left in the 2nd. They had 2 more shots on goal the rest of the period, despite 3 minutes of PP time. The Bruins had 10 at the time of the fight. They took 5 after that, despite 3 minutes of PK time, and scored a goal.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I wasn't able to watch the whole game but 3 unanswered goals?

PP: You got 2 extreme weapons on the LS half boards in Panarin and Zib, one for both PP1 & 2.
It's a no brainer...

Difference in this game is that Bos adjusted, DQ didn't do shit as per usual.

Cut the dead weight (Kreider, Smith..Buch?) and get it over with already..

Fun game to watch though..

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
You should read that again. His conclusion is that IN AGGREGATE fights didn’t change anything, but in specific games it did.

He looks at what happened the rest of the period the fight took place in. The Rangers had 20 shots on goal at the time of the fight with 9 minutes left in the 2nd. They had 2 more shots on goal the rest of the period, despite 3 minutes of PP time. The Bruins had 10 at the time of the fight. They took 5 after that, despite 3 minutes of PK time, and scored a goal.

But then there was an 18 minute gap and another 20 minutes of hockey.
If the effect of a fight can carry over an 18 minute stoppage, just how long does it last for? Can you utilise it in the 2nd game of back-to-backs?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

That's not what the conclusion is at all.

The conclusion is that in isolated incidents, teams experienced gameplay which might be an indicator of momentum (goals and possession). There were just as many incidents of the game getting worse for the losing team as there were better. In most cases, nothing happened.

If there was causation between fighting and momentum, it would happen every time, or even half the time.

In this study, it happened once out of 16 fights.

Reactions: Turbosperg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like Buch and while I think he did get stronger, I don't feel like he'd be strong enough in the playoffs.
He was fine today against a very physical team.

His shot in OT goes less than a foot the other way and we're talking about Buch being a hero today. Gotta keep things in perspective.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Kreider is playing his way out of getting back a first.
This wasn't a great one for Kreider, but he's been pretty close to his usual self in terms of results when he hasn't had to play with Kakko - which despite being only 68 5v5 minutes absolutely tanked every metric category.

With Buch on his opposite wing he is above 2 P/60 with +6 CF%Rel/xGF%Rel and +11 GF%Rel.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
He was fine today against a very physical team.

His shot in OT goes less than a foot the other way and we're talking about Buch being a hero today. Gotta keep things in perspective.

I agree actually.. Just referring the overall Buch

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This wasn't a great one for Kreider, but he's been pretty close to his usual self in terms of results when he hasn't had to play with Kakko - which despite being only 68 5v5 minutes absolutely tanked every metric category.

With Buch on his opposite wing he is above 2 P/60 with +6 CF%Rel/xGF%Rel and +11 GF%Rel.
That's good to hear for Kreider.

Horrible to hear for Kakko.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
While you definitely need that element as a team, not every player needs to be strong and physical.

True but this team in particular doesn't have nearly enough to compete in the playoffs.
You need that on the top lines too.

Again..I like Buch but if the right trade were to come along, I'd pull the trigger

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
Rangers didn’t have much momentum prior to the 5 on 3, but once Boston killed it off, the game had NYR loss written all over it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Bad deployment on the pp that’s why we lost. Nothing more. It’s on the coach. Keep the Bruins to 2 goals in regulation you should win the game.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I hate seeing them not have a killer instinct. Not capitalizing on the 5on3 or double minor hurts.

We didn't execute. We didn't even have any scoring opportunities. Terrible gameplan/coaching.

No adjustments... Sometimes Quinn seems tone-def. Doesn't seem to have the pulse of the game

Reactions: NYR

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Missed the game, stuck working. My God can Doc Emrick be any more over the top with that OT goal call? It’s a meaningless game in November.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Bad deployment on the pp that’s why we lost. Nothing more. It’s on the coach. Keep the Bruins to 2 goals in regulation you should win the game.

Panarin PP1
Zib PP2
Or vice versa.

They both excel in the same space.
Who says no?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You can play Mika in the bumper spot if you really want to.

but you need a lefty on that opposite wall. It’s clear as day. Guys are all over the place. Total mess.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You're doubling them up on shots through 2.
You gotta close that shit down.
On the road.. f***ing bring back the ghost of Lemaire in the 3rd if you have to!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
So first it was Henrik's fault.. Now, it's DQ's.

Ola, the better team won tonight because that's the way the universe works. The better team, usually wins. The Bruins have the 2nd ranked PP in the league and have the best goal scorer in the game right now. The youngest team in the league, with an inexperienced head coach pushed the Bruins into OT.

This loss sucks considering we were up 2-0, but when looking at the big picture, I'll take this OT Loss.

I don't think Quinn is a longterm coach here. His job is to mold the youngsters. He'll play a role similar to Renney, and when this team is a real contender, hopefully Gorton finds a HC that can push the team over the top.

And then one day everyone completely forget how Renney reshaped a team just the way he was asked to do

The fans knew then we were Tort's Kinda Guys, and rightfully so because 2 years after we were no longer Tort's kinda guys, we lost in the Stanley Cup finals, and 5 years after that are in a full rebuild after winning the lottery

The question is should we FIRE QUINNY! for this OT loss. Are we Knoblauch's Kinda guys? Who will take Knoblauch's place for the run where we fizzle out with a bunch of high priced veterans a decade from now after screwing up the rebuild?

Reactions: mrhockey193195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad