Post-Game Talk: #24 - 11/29/19 | RANGERS @ bruins | 1:00 - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23124

This is the kind of loss a young team needs to learn from and learn how to win a game like this. Hopefully they do and in the long run this is a good thing.

Can't let off the gas against the best teams.
I hate to point this out, but this has been a problem with this team for decades...no killer instinct.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Chytil or Kaako on the other side of Panarin. LHS
Kreider should be a lock in front.
Panarin needs to shoot more
Zibs should rotate from down low to high slot when needed. Where he can be setup
Fox or ADA at point

It's obvious this PP is off

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
They didn't lose because Smith beat someone up... If the team gets pushed around and bullied then that has a worse effect than Smith standing up for himself.

The momentum change was on the PK.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The excitement level from the announcer on Boston goals was through the roof. Noticeably less for the Rangers goals. For a national broadcast, that’s pretty poor. Why not do something creative like use a mix of the local team announcers and shelve the “National” announcing team idea.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Quinn’s player deployment on The power plays cost us the game.

nothing else

hank didn’t do anything wrong on that OT goal that’s how you play that. I would have done the exact same

Reactions: belford22

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
The excitement level from the announcer on Boston goals was through the roof. Noticeably less for the Rangers goals. For a national broadcast, that’s pretty poor. Why not do something creative like use a mix of the local team announcers and shelve the “National” announcing team idea.
Hearing Eddie saying "Zibinejad" every two minutes was what drove my blood pressure through the roof.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'm not going to panic about losing in OT to the #1 team in the league. It is very frustrating that they pissed away opportunities on the PP to win the game, but just think of how many games we've won already that we probably didn't deserve.

I will say that I think Quinn needs to mix up some of the lines, that 3rd line is a f***ing terrible right now in all zones. And the PP has gotten so predictable. For the love of god put Kakko with Panarin to get him going, I know people love to act all tough love and say he "hasn't earned it" but you need to treat your blue chips with some kid gloves sometimes. Having him play on a line that NEVER has the puck and gets hemmed in its own zone constantly is doing nothing good for his development.

And I'm starting to land on @EdJovanovski 's side of the fence regarding Trouba, he's so dumb he never makes the right decision in the offensive zone, its like he has tunnel vision, never sees the obvious pass and just shoots at the worst times (and misses the net or does a logo shot). Really have a bad feeling about him and that contract.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Quinn’s player deployment on The power plays cost us the game.

nothing else

hank didn’t do anything wrong on that OT goal that’s how you play that. I would have done the exact same
Yeah it looks bad bc he’s over to the side and dives over but he’s really just playing percentages there. A player like Pastrnak can score from there whenever he wants and he just dangled our two guys and looked like he might shoot, if Hank cheats to the pass then Pasta roofs it.

Thay goal is on Strome and his lazy back check and poor positioning. He should’ve been on Krejci and at least in the passing lane but he lazily coasted back and puck watched Pasta while all 3 of his teammates were already focused on him. Krejci was his man.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Chytil or Kaako on the other side of Panarin. LHS
Kreider should be a lock in front.
Panarin needs to shoot more
Zibs should rotate from down low to high slot when needed. Where he can be setup
Fox or ADA at point

It's obvious this PP is off
Lemieux
Panarin-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
DeAngelo

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I hate to point this out, but this has been a problem with this team for decades...no killer instinct.

Absolutely I agree totally. I'll blame today more on the PP deployment than the players but hopefully that killer instinct is learned by these guys.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He probably shouldn’t have reacted but the reason they lost? They had a PP like a minute after it happened.

Eh I think Boston killing the 5 on 3 gave them more momentum than the fight did.

Although there’s something definitely to be said about not rocking the boat when youre playing a solid road game and not giving a tired team much space.

What do you think gave Boston the momentum to kill off the PP?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lemieux
Panarin-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
DeAngelo
Buch is not the guy I want. You need someone who will shoot or is a threat to shoot.

Kakko was filling that role but he hasn't been the same since he missed 2 games

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm not going to panic about losing in OT to the #1 team in the league. It is very frustrating that they pissed away opportunities on the PP to win the game, but just think of how many games we've won already that we probably didn't deserve.

I will say that I think Quinn needs to mix up some of the lines, that 3rd line is a ****ing terrible right now in all zones. And the PP has gotten so predictable. For the love of god put Kakko with Panarin to get him going, I know people love to act all tough love and say he "hasn't earned it" but you need to treat your blue chips with some kid gloves sometimes. Having him play on a line that NEVER has the puck and gets hemmed in its own zone constantly is doing nothing good for his development.

And I'm starting to land on @EdJovanovski 's side of the fence regarding Trouba, he's so dumb he never makes the right decision in the offensive zone, its like he has tunnel vision, never sees the obvious pass and just shoots at the worst times (and misses the net or does a logo shot). Really have a bad feeling about him and that contract.

Most of the reason the 3rd line is bad is because of Kakko. Adding him to a good line only makes us worse

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Lol @ people here complaining. Bruins are in another league than this team. The fact that the Rangers kept up with them for a good portion of the game and squeezed out a point is a positive. Hate to break it to some of you, but we're not a cup contender right now
I don’t think the Bruins are that much better than the Rangers. I think the Rangers are getting better and better as the season goes on due to progression from the young players. Also Bergeron was out. If they really are leaps and bounds above us, how come we outplayed them for most of the game? Also, I think the anger comes from the fact that we were up 2-0 with a 5 on 3 and we couldn’t put them away. We let this one get away from us. Oh, and it was a comeback. That never feels good.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kakko needs stronger support than Howden can provide. The Rangers have options now since Zibanejad’s return (even if he’s not at his regular level yet). Put Strome there or even have Zibanejad play 3C minutes (less likely) but Howden-Kakko isn’t working at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad