Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It used to be fun when the Avs operated in the shadows to get good players. Fun times. Now we bargain bin basement shop because they struck some luck a few times.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Welp seems like another Western team makes a move, and the Avs remain completely silent.

Oh here we go...

None of those western teams can lineup with a healthy Avs squad so they are just playing catchup.

And we have yet to see Landeskog and Kovalenko

It used to be fun when the Avs operated in the shadows to get good players. Fun times. Now we bargain bin basement shop because they struck some luck a few times.

And another one...

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
I almost wish I wasn't an Avs fan that got spoiled by epic Avs moves in the early years of moving to Denver. Avs always went all in and made moves that put us over the top....I know those were different times with different financial impacts, but man, it's always so, bleh, now.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Oh here we go...

None of those western teams can lineup with a healthy Avs squad so they are just playing catchup.

And we have yet to see Landeskog and Kovalenko

And another one...
What lol. A team without a 2C is not the roster to envy.

We are not even close to the best roster in the West.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I mean in general, wing is the least important position, but it's just a bad year to not need any wingers. They are a-plenty and some quality ones available. But yes it would be stupid to spend assets on any at this point without first shipping one out.

Reactions: Balthazar

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
While I agree that the Avs have a tendency to sleep in during trade week, let’s at-least give them till the end of it before we say they did nothing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
People acting like the Avs are the only ones not making moves, and yet all the names being thrown around for 2C have yet to be dealt. So maybe, just maybe, teams are talking, negotiating, waiting, and it's not that the Avs are choosing to do nothing.
I mean… the two top (only?) rental names are already gone.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

According to TFP’s David Pagnotta, Barabanov is ready to move on from the club and is hoping to join a Stanley Cup contender in the coming days. He comes with a $2.5 million salary cap hit this season.

The Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers, Carolina Hurricanes and Tampa Bay Lightning are looking to add a mid-to-bottom-six forward to their lineups and could have interest in Barabanov. The Colorado Avalanche showed interest in Barabanov earlier in the season.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm lost in the narrative echo chamber that is HFAvs.
But we all collectively fall victim to one man. And that man is…
IMG_2610.jpeg

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Last year was a bit of a let down with only getting Ellers, most other recent years were also let downs, but the cup year they went all in and bought Manson (before the deadline, but I’m counting it) and Lekky.

The cup deals buys them a little leeway for me because it showed they will swing for the fences, so I’m willing to give them through the deadline.

I will be extremely disappointed if it’s just a Ellers quality trade again though, but I’m not in panic mode yet.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Bigger trades by contenders over the last 3 or so weeks.

Lindholm to Vancouver: Been a giant flop and they're looking to possibly flip him elsewhere.

Monahan to Winnipeg: Been good for them so far but most people on here wanted nothing to do with him so hard to complain.

Tanev to Dallas: Would have been a nice add, but still d-men out there that can add something similar

Lyubushkin to Toronto: Bottom pairing D that doesn't bring anything that Jack Johnson can't do other than being a righty.

Mantha to Vegas: We could use a depth winger like him but we're alright with wingers as long as we get a 2C and especially if Lando comes back.

So 5 teams have added so far...one flop of a 2C, one 2C playing well that most here were adamant about not getting, a #4 D-man, a meh #6 D-man, and a dime a dozen middle 6 winger. The Avs still have a couple more days to make moves and its not like there's been a massive amount of trades and the Avs are out of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad