1709699861214.gif

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I don't go rah rah over asset management, but damn, I feel so much more would be possible if that 2025 2nd was still ours. Perhaps that would have been enough to bring Tanev in and ship Johansen out.
tbh, Lars' 2 goals were probably more production than we would have gotten out of that pick anyways

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bigger trades by contenders over the last 3 or so weeks.

Lindholm to Vancouver: Been a giant flop and they're looking to possibly flip him elsewhere.

Monahan to Winnipeg: Been good for them so far but most people on here wanted nothing to do with him so hard to complain.

Tanev to Dallas: Would have been a nice add, but still d-men out there that can add something similar

Lyubushkin to Toronto: Bottom pairing D that doesn't bring anything that Jack Johnson can't do other than being a righty.

Mantha to Vegas: We could use a depth winger like him but we're alright with wingers as long as we get a 2C and especially if Lando comes back.

So 5 teams have added so far...one flop of a 2C, one 2C playing well that most here were adamant about not getting, a #4 D-man, a meh #6 D-man, and a dime a dozen middle 6 winger. The Avs still have a couple more days to make moves and its not like there's been a massive amount of trades and the Avs are out of options.
It’s really that the time is ticking. We can debate over options, viability, success, failure, etc… but the two rental options that played top 6 center roles full time are gone. I wouldn’t have wanted Monahan as he wouldn’t be a fit IMO. That’s just an opinion though. The fact is he was an option off the table. We are down to rental options that don’t play center full time, or are even more flawed and suited for lower roles. The more viable options are simple harder deals to make… that the Avs haven’t been especially aggressive on making. On defense the top RD is gone.

Still what it really is, is the clock it ticking. It’s 11:45 and work needs to be done. Certainly it can still be done, but there is a lot riding on getting it done prior to midnight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would give up a 2024 1st for Lindholm, who looks terrible and might be moved by two teams in a span of two months. Yeah, it’s desperation time.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
T
Given that they saw the urgency that season and actually went for it...is it possible that the lack of urgency we've seen since indicates that they're quite comfortable, particularly from a financial and season-ticket holder perspective, being a good-but-not-great team for the foreseeable future? As in, they'd rather be a good and consistent playoff team for the next ~5 seasons with an annual outside shot at the cup and guaranteed 1-2 playoff rounds rather than go all-in for another cup in the next 1-2 seasons and potentially see the bottom fall-out shortly after?

I certainly hope that's not the case -- the cup is all that ought to matter -- but if this deadline they fail to be highly aggressive as they were in 2022 I have to think that they're consciously settling for good-but-not-great...
They are running a franchise. If the team falls apart in 4 years they have to deal with empty seats and guys on the team wanting out. The fan base is always about this year and nothing else but longer term, guys lose their jobs if they don't focus on the next 5-7 years.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Top 6 wings: Rants, Lehky, Drouin, Nuke
Potential top 6 wing: Landy
3rd line wing: Parise, Wood
Potential 3rd line wing: Kovalenko
4th line wing: LOC, Cogs
Potential: Kiviranta, Wagner

If everyone is healthy Parise and Wood play on the 4th line. LOC and Cogs healthy scratch.

I would say there’s somewhere between a 0-5% chance a rookie with no NHL games played(Kovalenko) makes Logan O’Connor a healthy scratch.

That’s video game stuff.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I would say there’s somewhere between a 0-5% chance a rookie with no NHL games played(Kovalenko) makes Logan O’Connor a healthy scratch.

That’s video game stuff.

Yeah especially with a fully healthy roster, I could see “the roaring 20s” line back together

Still having Cogs and Kovalenko as healthy scratches is pretty insane

Reactions: RoyIsALegend
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: