GDT: #22: Rangers 0 at FLYERS 4, Friday, Nov. 23, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander if you think WN would help the team more, is fine
Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander because Ghost has the most giveaways every game and +/- proves it, is not.

Well that's a disingenuous representation of my opinion. After being on the fence at the start of the season, and saying I'd think hard about a Ghost for Nylander trade if it were offered, I ultimately decided I was in favor of it. I've become in favor of it because I think Nylander would help the team more than Ghost.

I've said numerous times I think this team needs another dynamic, high skill, high speed forward who can create space and put the D back on its heels, and I think Nylander is one of the rare young players who is available and can do that. I also think Patrick and Lindblom should be on the third line, and I like the idea of trying Nylander at 2C with JVR at LW.

I have cited Ghost's persistent turnover problems, and my opinion that he has been a significant weak link defensively due to his turnovers, as among the reasons I'd be willing to trade him for Nylander to fill the hole I perceive at forward. However, I have never said I want to "trade Ghost for Nylander because Ghost has the most giveaways every game and +/- proves it."

Indeed, if I didn't think Nylander would help the team more than Ghost, I wouldn't want to make the trade regardless of my frustration with Ghost's turnovers.

You shouldn't complain about others lying if you're going to make false, straw-man representations of others' opinions like that.

Reactions: magnumpi and JXC

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What about his gap control though?

This is what pisses me off. Hakstol rather have guys like Hagg & Folin over him. He staples these guys to our best players to make matters worse. Between that & being obsessed with other forwards playing certain roles we wouldn’t always need Giroux & Co. to play hero puck every game with anchors attached to them.

Just dress & play the best players. It’s not that hard. Stop living off your IHL days.
Not a doubt in my mind we are going into the offseason asking if he is a top 4 defenseman, again.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
That was still the most boring 1-0 game(until we sealed it), even getting lots of shots. It was still boring as hell.
Thanks dude, I knew I missed one

7319CC52-DB12-4687-BA6F-054F70994F11.png

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
That response tells me all.
I addressed you in an honest manner and you responded with snark.

You cast people into 2 categories

friends and enemies

i'm right, you're wrong
Yep.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018

I blocked the kid. I tried to get a reasonable reply.

I agreed with about 90% of what he said. But his entire attitude is grating.
If you disagree with him on any point its
1) You're stupid
2) Now you're "Against" me

I suspect without his posts the board will read far less condescending.

Reactions: JXC

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
Are you honestly asking this?

Of course it's fine to criticize any player. Or want to trade a guy if the trade makes sense. I have been on the "trade Simmonds" train for a few year despite not having many passengers.

It's when people LIE. It's when people ONLY go after the players who are usually the best.

There is a reason JXC got a reputation after years of saying Giroux is a bad leader.
There is a reason Jtown got a reputation after year of saying Couts is only a #3C.
etc...

And please note, they BOTH have valid opinions on other things. But when you say dumb **** over and over, for years on end, expect others to bash you and not give you as long a leash.

Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander if you think WN would help the team more, is fine
Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander because Ghost has the most giveaways every game and +/- proves it, is not.

see the difference?

so anytime somebody disagrees with you/striker that means the person is lying.

ok, makes sense

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
:popcorn:

I blocked the kid. I tried to get a reasonable reply.

I agreed with about 90% of what he said. But his entire attitude is grating.
If you disagree with him on any point its
1) You're stupid
2) Now you're "Against" me

I suspect without his posts the board will read far less condescending.

488da41d2d9122ec67d2fca773a8bc1d.png

778df609653f9fbb25944ff56dfe577d.png

87976bd6d4bb01e2f8b395881323f3a4.png

da0ae2095530d8914e539e4add1af9a0.png

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
so anytime somebody disagrees with you/striker that means the person is lying.

ok, makes sense
Wait...so I try and answer the question you ask, and that is your response? And you want to be treated with respect?

I don't always agree with Striiker despite what you or certain others may think. Hell, we were disagreeing just today in fact.

So no, I don't determine what is a lie or not. Facts do. And when someone makes a dumb statement that is not factual, expect to be called out on it.

Just don't lie. And note, making a mistake is not lying. Mistakes happen. But also own up to it. When someone is PROVEN wrong, then doubles down on the mistake, then it's no longer a mistake....it's a lie. It's not an opinion either like some like to hide behind.

But you be you. Your own level of posting will determine how others think of you. You are off to a great start.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wait...so I try and answer the question you ask, and that is your response? And you want to be treated with respect?

I don't always agree with Striiker despite what you or certain others may think. Hell, we were disagreeing just today in fact.

So no, I don't determine what is a lie or not. Facts do. And when someone makes a dumb statement that is not factual, expect to be called out on it.

Just don't lie. And note, making a mistake is not lying. Mistakes happen. But also own up to it. When someone is PROVEN wrong, then doubles down on the mistake, then it's no longer a mistake....it's a lie. It's not an opinion either like some like to hide behind.

But you be you. Your own level of posting will determine how others think of you. You are off to a great start.
Oh yeah, I forgot.

I guess we have to be enemies now.

The Hive is falling apart...

(Also great post by the way. 100% correct)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well that's a disingenuous representation of my opinion. After being on the fence at the start of the season, and saying I'd think hard about a Ghost for Nylander trade if it were offered, I ultimately decided I was in favor of it. I've become in favor of it because I think Nylander would help the team more than Ghost.

I've said numerous times I think this team needs another dynamic, high skill, high speed forward who can create space and put the D back on its heels, and I think Nylander is one of the rare young players who is available and can do that. I also think Patrick and Lindblom should be on the third line, and I like the idea of trying Nylander at 2C with JVR at LW.

I have cited Ghost's persistent turnover problems, and my opinion that he has been a significant weak link defensively due to his turnovers, as among the reasons I'd be willing to trade him for Nylander to fill the hole I perceive at forward. However, I have never said I want to "trade Ghost for Nylander because Ghost has the most giveaways every game and +/- proves it."

Indeed, if I didn't think Nylander would help the team more than Ghost, I wouldn't want to make the trade regardless of my frustration with Ghost's turnovers.

You shouldn't complain about others lying if you're going to make false, straw-man representations of others' opinions like that.
Why are you assuming that I was talking about you in the 2nd example....and not the 1st?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018

Sounds like a reasonable comment.

But somebody doesn;'t agree so that means you're lying.

Is this North Korea or something? You say something against the Hive and you're committed a dangerous act of propaganda against the state?

Reactions: Ghosts Beer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad