GDT: #22: Rangers 0 at FLYERS 4, Friday, Nov. 23, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I said it in the offseason, ~70ish points should be the new normal for Couturier. There's nothing he did last year that was unsustainable or flukey. He's just getting more opportunities now playing with Giroux. Frankly, I always thought Couturier looked like a 60-70 point scorer on the ice.

I don't know if 100 points is the new norm for Giroux, I mean, other than McDavid, hardly anyone is really a 100-point scorer. But he's an elite scorer and player in this league, just as he has been for most of his career.

Reactions: JXC

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Oh and Weise has been fine, perfectly solid this year. He shouldn't be on the second line though, and breaking up the Patrick-Lindblom duo is just about criminally stupid. Also, if you're going to experiment and try to get more offense out of the lineup, why not move up JVR for a few games and see how he looks with Patrick and Voracek?

If he had played like this from the start of his Flyers tenure he'd be pretty popular. Instead he's been mostly awful and Ron probably should have just kept Gagner for a bottom-6 speed guy.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
If the Flyers get goaltending like this on a regular basis (like the good stretch Elliott gave them before he got hurt) they'll make the playoffs - Pickard wasn't great, but he wasn't leaking goals or leaving bad rebounds in front of the net - they don't need brilliance, just competence.

If they had solid NHL goaltending they’d have four or five more wins.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We have a great first line. Just as everyone on the main board was saying he was back to "his 40-50 pts average", Couturier is now on pace for 68 pts. Giroux for 104. Last season was no fluke. We must bring them the help needed on the backend and try to win while it's happening. You don't "wait and rebuild" with such an elite combo.

Couts was injured, anyone with sense knew it was going to take a month or so for him to get it together.
October 12 games: 3-0 ES
Nov 10 games: 5-8 ES

Giroux
Oct 2-5 ES
Nov 5-8 ES

As good as Giroux is, he's a much better player with a healthy Couts next to him.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
If they had solid NHL coaching they’d have a better PK and they’d have even more wins.
Totally getting a head start on tonight, are we?

EEF476AB-E47A-4872-9EB1-D4F63EB4ABA2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad