GDT: #22: Rangers 0 at FLYERS 4, Friday, Nov. 23, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Just remember that, win or lose, positive or negative, Jake 100%, absolutely, defintely, without a doubt subjects himself to every single post game thread on here.
tumblr_mr15mpgIQL1srwn65o2_500.gif

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Are you honestly asking this?

Of course it's fine to criticize any player. Or want to trade a guy if the trade makes sense. I have been on the "trade Simmonds" train for a few year despite not having many passengers.

It's when people LIE. It's when people ONLY go after the players who are usually the best.

There is a reason JXC got a reputation after years of saying Giroux is a bad leader.
There is a reason Jtown got a reputation after year of saying Couts is only a #3C.
etc...

And please note, they BOTH have valid opinions on other things. But when you say dumb **** over and over, for years on end, expect others to bash you and not give you as long a leash.

Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander if you think WN would help the team more, is fine
Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander because Ghost has the most giveaways every game and +/- proves it, is not.

see the difference?

Also these reputations would likely go away if the person would just bite the bullet and admit they were wrong.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This was Hakstol/Hextall hockey, gritty, fast paced, defensively responsible with forewards backchecking.
Sorry most of you don't like it. :sarcasm:

Flyers absolutely dominated a hot team, and a hot goalie. If Lundqvist wasn't on his game it would have been 7-0 or worse.
63.5% Corsi, SC 37/16, HD 20/5

Why does Weise play? Maybe because he was the best Flyer on the ice this afternoon?
He's playing like the guy Hextall thought he signed two years ago. Aggressive on the forecheck, gets back on defense and crashes the net.

Yes, Provorov and Hagg struggled, but it's Provorov pulling down Hagg, not the other way around right now.
Ghost had 3 bad turnovers, otherwise he was fine.
Sanheim actually had more 5x5 TOI than Hagg.
Folin isn't pretty, but he's consistently effective.

Goul played 6 minutes, he was there for "protection," some of the Rangers were looking for trouble.
Lindblom has been struggling, but I have no argument for anyone who thinks Simmonds gets too many ES minutes.

This is the way the Hakstol offense is supposed to work, get it down low, look for the pass in the slot, if it's not there, get it out to the point and crash the net, set screens and look for rebounds.
Where to start.

If this was Haktall/Hextall hockey, how come we rarely play like this?

Yup...we dominated a hot team. A team on year 2 of their rebuild. Pickards save was the turning point IMO.

Weise was not the best player, but played well. But we all know it's not sustainable. But he has 100% been better this year vs years past.

Provy/Hagg Provy has made more mistakes so far this year than all of last year it seems. I noticed you forgot to mention Haggs bad pinch that led to a 2-1 against us. Honest mistake I am sure.

Sanheim SHOULD play more than Hagg. Nice to see Hak doing what he should have been doing all along. Even if it's for just 1 game.

Goule...he didn't add squat.

Now to this: "This is the way the Hakstol offense is supposed to work, get it down low, look for the pass in the slot, if it's not there, get it out to the point and crash the net, set screens and look for rebounds"

Hmmm....weird that our 4 goals were all scored off the rush. :huh:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Where to start.

Weise was not the best player, but played well. But we all know it's not sustainable. But he has 100% been better this year vs years past.

Provy/Hagg Provy has made more mistakes so far this year than all of last year it seems. I noticed you forgot to mention Haggs bad pinch that led to a 2-1 against us. Honest mistake I am sure.

Sanheim SHOULD play more than Hagg. Nice to see Hak doing what he should have been doing all along. Even if it's for just 1 game.

Now to this: "This is the way the Hakstol offense is supposed to work, get it down low, look for the pass in the slot, if it's not there, get it out to the point and crash the net, set screens and look for rebounds"

I say it time after time.

One of the best transition offenses in the league.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Where to start.

Hold up...

You didn't think Weise - who accomplished nothing - was better than G, Couts, or TK? The guys who won this game and had 3 points each?

That's odd...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hold up...

You didn't think Weise - who accomplished nothing - was better than G, Couts, or TK? The guys who won this game and had 3 points each?

That's odd...
It's his opinion, so it can't be wrong....oh wait.

But I do give Weise for having a good game. If he played like that every game ON A LOWER LINE, he would not get crapped on. This year he is at least getting chances and seems faster. Must be eating lots of oats and carrots!

But ultimately, he is not better than G, JVR or Lindblom at LW. Or Laughton for that matter but I will take Laughton at C to have Lehtera removed. I just get confused when I see that Weise had more ES icetime than Konecny. But that's on Hak, not Weise.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's his opinion, so it can't be wrong....oh wait.

But I do give Weise for having a good game. If he played like that every game ON A LOWER LINE, he would not get crapped on. This year he is at least getting chances and seems faster. Must be eating lots of oats and carrots!

But ultimately, he is not better than G, JVR or Lindblom at LW. Or Laughton for that matter but I will take Laughton at C to have Lehtera removed. I just get confused when I see that Weise had more ES icetime than Konecny. But that's on Hak, not Weise.
Yup, Weise isn't a problem at all right now.

But of course he's being severely overused and superior players are being underused.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Was gone this afternoon heard we won so came on here to read the last few pages just to see how people summed up the game . it's nice to see everybody getting along so well .lol yikes

To quote Andy Reid, I take full responsibility.
I let the tone of Ignored Member to irritate me. And I took it too far

Reactions: wasup

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
you enjoying the cold?

It's so ****ing sweet. My dad was trying to tell me how cold it gets out here and I was going on about like "I want it to just hammer us and nail us so hard, I want us to just get drilled as hard as possible ..." Let's just say my dad is not a huge fan of accidental meteorological homoeroticism (not that there's anything wrong with that).

It will be even better once I have some money and can go buy some new winter clothes. I bought a coat the other day and a Flyers toque, but otherwise I am using clothes I found in a box, and they are all at least eight or nine years old and pretty tattered. Oh, I also used my Amazon gift cards to buy some Timberland boots and they just came today. I'm drawing the ****ing line at ****ing overalls, though - I had to say in no uncertain terms that I didn't want any for Christmas. You know those ****ers cost like $70 and up? ****ing farmers, man.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's so ****ing sweet. My dad was trying to tell me how cold it gets out here and I was going on about like "I want it to just hammer us and nail us so hard, I want us to just get drilled as hard as possible ..." Let's just say my dad is not a huge fan of accidental meteorological homoeroticism (not that there's anything wrong with that).

It will be even better once I have some money and can go buy some new winter clothes. I bought a coat the other day and a Flyers toque, but otherwise I am using clothes I found in a box, and they are all at least eight or nine years old and pretty tattered. Oh, I also used my Amazon gift cards to buy some Timberland boots and they just came today. I'm drawing the ****ing line at ****ing overalls, though - I had to say in no uncertain terms that I didn't want any for Christmas. You know those ****ers cost like $70 and up? ****ing farmers, man.
lol...overalls. People still wear those???????????

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It was a fun game but I personally thought the rangers didn’t play well more than the flyers played well. The rangers missed wide open nets a few times too. Seemed like they played like their roster would dictate.

It’s great to see the top line dominate, but we already know when they score we have a good chance of winning. We need to see more consistency out of Patrick’s line. I am not sure why Lindblom is not on the second line. He’s done very well there and we saw that line is capable a few third periods back. Weal line sucks. JVR has played well. Simmonds is what he is. Weal is not very good. I’d like to see misha there. I think he could at least set up those two goal scorers a lot better.

Reactions: JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
This was Hakstol/Hextall hockey, gritty, fast paced, defensively responsible with forewards backchecking.
Sorry most of you don't like it. :sarcasm:

Flyers absolutely dominated a hot team, and a hot goalie. If Lundqvist wasn't on his game it would have been 7-0 or worse.
63.5% Corsi, SC 37/16, HD 20/5

20182019-20332-5v5.png

Why does Weise play? Maybe because he was the best Flyer on the ice this afternoon?
He's playing like the guy Hextall thought he signed two years ago. Aggressive on the forecheck, gets back on defense and crashes the net.

Yes, Provorov and Hagg struggled, but it's Provorov pulling down Hagg, not the other way around right now.
Ghost had 3 bad turnovers, otherwise he was fine.
Sanheim actually had more 5x5 TOI than Hagg.
Folin isn't pretty, but he's consistently effective.

Goul played 6 minutes, he was there for "protection," some of the Rangers were looking for trouble.
Lindblom has been struggling, but I have no argument for anyone who thinks Simmonds gets too many ES minutes.

This is the way the Hakstol offense is supposed to work, get it down low, look for the pass in the slot, if it's not there, get it out to the point and crash the net, set screens and look for rebounds.
This is what post game talk should look like.

Great post.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weise is not a great player, for one thing he can't finish to save his life.
But today he played like the guy Hextall thought he was signing (actually like most of this season but a notch higher), a big forward with good speed who'll use his size on the forecheck and crash the net.

One reason the Flyers' offense looks so anemic at times is no one goes to the net or the slot, you can't pass to someone who isn't there, and shooting on the net without a screen is an exercise in futility unless it's against a Flyer goalie. The last few games the forwards have been attacking that area.

TK is a gutsy little tyke, smart I'm not so sure, but gutsy.

If the Flyers get goaltending like this on a regular basis (like the good stretch Elliott gave them before he got hurt) they'll make the playoffs - Pickard wasn't great, but he wasn't leaking goals or leaving bad rebounds in front of the net - they don't need brilliance, just competence.

Reactions: JXC

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
We have a great first line. Just as everyone on the main board was saying he was back to "his 40-50 pts average", Couturier is now on pace for 68 pts. Giroux for 104. Last season was no fluke. We must bring them the help needed on the backend and try to win while it's happening. You don't "wait and rebuild" with such an elite combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->