GDT: #22: Rangers 0 at FLYERS 4, Friday, Nov. 23, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I still think this team has problems in net, at forward, and on D, and would prefer a different head coach. That doesn't mean I'm not happy with the win and the way they played today.

Speculation by me, but I get the feeling Giroux lit into them after the Buffalo game, as he was clearly pissed after that game and there was certainly a more alert, consistent effort from pretty much everyone today.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Weal has been perfectly serviceable in his current role. There's no number even suggesting otherwise. Your opinion on him is simply plain stupid. Please don't spam this board with nonsense.
b51.jpg

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
On a positive note, Giroux is declining upwards at an incredible rate.

What a ****ing amazing player.

He's so f***ing good. Imagine looking at him and thinking he isn't the best.

He literally wills Hakstol towards something that resembles competency. I imagine there will come a time when entropy sets in on Dave's lower region, and Giroux will have to come to the rescue and save his marriage

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would like it on record, I don't hate Hagg.

I hate that he is being used on most nights as a top 2 Dman now, and a top 4 Dman almost every night. But that's on Hak. And Hak is on Hextall. Hence my avatar.

If Hagg was being played 15 minutes a night, then whatever. But he isn't.
I don't actually hate him either, but I was called a hater for pointing out that he sucks...

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
don;t understand this mentality.

If someone points out
1) an error by a player, 2)
2) states a player may be weak in a certain area
3) or speculates that trading a player may be beneficial, not because they "Suck" or you're "anti" (whatever that silliness means)

I know you're going to respond with something belligerent. But, I believe you're viewing this in the incorrect manner.

Everything doesn't have to be about being on a certain side or position.

So if I state i like Sanheim. I want him in the top 4 going forward but then I say he played poorly on a shift then do I become an anti Sanheim guy, pro Hakstol guy.

Just trying to understand your mentality.
something belligerent

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
So, if I state that I think Vorachek is a good player.
I think he adds value to a team.

But I believe due to his age and cap hit, I'd prefer to trade him for a younger piece that be part of the Patrick, Provorov, etc core..... does that make me an anti-Vorachek person. Can I add with the caveat that this is a mere thought and I'm not pounding the drum to trade him and I certainly don't hate him? Would that caveat lessen your castigating me into anti- Vorachek heathen?

Is there room for speculation and musing and looking ahead 3-4 seasons in this mentality of anti this, anti that

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's like the Benjamin Button of hockey.

Yeah, seems like it.

Aging like fine wine.

He's so ****ing good. Imagine looking at him and thinking he isn't the best.

He literally wills Hakstol towards something that resembles competency. I imagine there will come a time when entropy sets in on Dave's lower region, and Giroux will have to come to the rescue and save his marriage

Well I was told he’s clearly declining and Hakstol has very little talent to work with on his team, so we must just be stupid fanboys who are overrating our hero.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
something belligerent

That response tells me all.
I addressed you in an honest manner and you responded with snark.

You cast people into 2 categories

friends and enemies

i'm right, you're wrong

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
]
Well I was told he’s clearly declining and Hakstol has very little talent to work with on his team, so we must just be stupid fanboys who are overrating our hero.

I blame myself. I also think David Byrne is on the Mount Rushmore of musicians, and no one else seems to agree, so what the bloody heck do I know.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
The Rangers are pretty bad and Lundqvist is a shadow of his former self but - I think this is a pretty good lineup and they played well today. This team would be close to competing for the division if they had grabbed a guy like Anderson or Hutton when they were available, and if they hired a competent coach.

The thing that sucks is Hextall probably won't fire Hakstol unless the season is all but lost. The thing that pisses me off the most is how damn good this team would be with

A good coach
A good goalie
Sam Morin
Vorobyev
Myers
No more Lehtera
No more MacDonald

Reactions: tucson83

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I love how they consider themselves free-thinkers as if there is some super manipulative head honcho running the joint.

Its basically saying their analysis is right and everyone else is wrong because most people don't agree with them.

It's a cadre of the biggest dunces I have ever seen in my life, as blinded by contrarian hivemindedness as they accuse the rest of us of being, and they have the gall to talk DOWN to people :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So, if I state that I think Vorachek is a good player.
I think he adds value to a team.

But I believe due to his age and cap hit, I'd prefer to trade him for a younger piece that be part of the Patrick, Provorov, etc core..... does that make me an anti-Vorachek person. Can I add with the caveat that this is a mere thought and I'm not pounding the drum to trade him and I certainly don't hate him? Would that caveat lessen your castigating me into anti- Vorachek heathen?

Is there room for speculation and musing and looking ahead 3-4 seasons in this mentality of anti this, anti that
Are you honestly asking this?

Of course it's fine to criticize any player. Or want to trade a guy if the trade makes sense. I have been on the "trade Simmonds" train for a few year despite not having many passengers.

It's when people LIE. It's when people ONLY go after the players who are usually the best.

There is a reason JXC got a reputation after years of saying Giroux is a bad leader.
There is a reason Jtown got a reputation after year of saying Couts is only a #3C.
etc...

And please note, they BOTH have valid opinions on other things. But when you say dumb shit over and over, for years on end, expect others to bash you and not give you as long a leash.

Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander if you think WN would help the team more, is fine
Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander because Ghost has the most giveaways every game and +/- proves it, is not.

see the difference?

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Are you honestly asking this?

Of course it's fine to criticize any player. Or want to trade a guy if the trade makes sense. I have been on the "trade Simmonds" train for a few year despite not having many passengers.

It's when people LIE. It's when people ONLY go after the players who are usually the best.

There is a reason JXC got a reputation after years of saying Giroux is a bad leader.
There is a reason Jtown got a reputation after year of saying Couts is only a #3C.
etc...

And please note, they BOTH have valid opinions on other things. But when you say dumb **** over and over, for years on end, expect others to bash you and not give you as long a leash.

Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander if you think WN would help the team more, is fine
Saying you would trade Ghost for Nylander because Ghost has the most giveaways every game and +/- proves it, is not.

see the difference?

something belligerent. :clap:

Reactions: Tripod

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
05739499ffe095cf6ffaa92a16310476.png

35 shot attempts and 20 scoring chances in 16 minutes?!?!

xGF of 3.64 which was almost a full goal more than the next closest player in the game.

Only 1 GF to show for it though. Robert Hagg laughs.

What about his gap control though?

This is what pisses me off. Hakstol rather have guys like Hagg & Folin over him. He staples these guys to our best players to make matters worse. Between that & being obsessed with other forwards playing certain roles we wouldn’t always need Giroux & Co. to play hero puck every game with anchors attached to them.

Just dress & play the best players. It’s not that hard. Stop living off your IHL days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad