Post-Game Talk: #22: FLYERS 5 at Hurricanes 3, Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Watching a replay of Carolina’s 2nd goal, which I blasted Elliott about, I will say it seemed to take a very unusual & unpredictable angle off the stick.

Also, despite Voracek’s Corsi, he wasn’t a positive tonight. Took two horrible penalties & didn’t create much offense despite playing on their best line. A passenger with 2 horrible penalties.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Great game by the flyers today! They played from start to end after going down 2-0 early. Goals were well-timed and professionally done thought they did a great job offensively today, though I didn't see much of Hayes out there until the Empty Net goal didn't know he was even playing at all. Not the prettiest for Voracek too, hopefully when Patrick comes back we can find more chemistry in our lines so we can have everyone producing. There was still some sloppiness in the defense but it will improve in the future. Shoutout to Frost for another spectacular night, him and Giroux were something today.

That being said, huge win in the division standings lets keep it up boys, keep battling hard, stay the hell out of extra time unless losing my Hart can't handle anymore, and lets go far in the playoffs!

#BeAF_____Flyer - AV

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I always projected Frost to Krejci. But damn if early he doesn’t look like Briere. I don’t want him to give up the 48. It’s perfect.

Reactions: Jtown and Foggy14

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Caught up on the first half of the game and the first two goals allowed were everything I hate about Brian Elliott.

Goal 1: stay in your net, moron. Horrible outlet screwed everyone up.

Goal 2: big man playing small. He actually hasn't been too bad with his positioning this year, but these types of goals have plagued his career.

Happy to see that Frost does a lot of the little things well through 2 NHL games that I had wondered if he could translate them from Junior hockey efficiently. We'll see of it continues, but a great start to his Flyers career, for sure.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Voracek led the forwards in xGF% and on-ice chances. The Raffl line with him and the Couturier line with him were the only two lines to not get caved. Some people see what they want to see. :dunno:

So you think he had a good game.

Reactions: Johnk0728

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
My thoughts about Frost: Happy for the kid and obviously he has the potential to become our next star player. But the sample size is still too tiny to evaluate if he is "NHL ready" which also means you have to be able to sustain and endure the physicality. Just look at Farabee´s first two or three games and compare them to the present. Similar with Myers. He impressed in his first couple of games and looks shaky now. Or look at Sanheim´s first period of games not long time ago.

It is easy for a fanbase to demand callups of obvious talent and to shout "I knew it better that our staff" after two games. A real first evaluation if a player is "NHL ready" can be made after ... let´s say ... 20 games (?).

So of course I hope the callup of the snowman can be a season changer, especially since moving G to LW is a huge improvement (Hakstol´s idea :sarcasm:) and they seem to fit perfectly. But at first Frost will have to survive the next weeks.

More important to our season will still be the contribution of JVR, Hayes and Voracek.

Reactions: Travat

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
You are aware shots don’t equal chances right? A post doesn’t count. An empty net shanked wide doesn’t count.

We got caved tonight 5v5 except for those players. They didn’t score. But they had possession and chances most of the game, and kept Carolina out of their zone and off the board. This is a perfect example of the limits of the eye test and cherry picking 1 or 2 plays versus an entire game of shifts.
And none of that stuff hits a score sheet so my joke still works

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
BTW Jake's unsportsmanlike call last night was 100% valid. He was arguing a location of a face off. Only players with a C or A on their sweater or the coaches are supposed to do that. Jake didn't have the A, Hayes did as it was a road game. Jake wears one at home.

Two minutes on Jake and AV should have called the ref over before it got that far.

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My obs:

Best part was Slavin pointing to Frost as that line entered the zone. He wasn’t as worried about TK or G. The late man Frost caught their attention.

Provy is not lucky. He gets pucks to the net on the PP. Hes on pace for what? Little under 20 goals? Already had 18 goals. Is a machine in D.

Ghost low minutes is fine. He has not looked great or bad but he needs to at least look dangerous. He’s not a Braun type. He’s an EK type.

I hate Jake more than I hate snakes. I think he’s gone.

Reactions: marcsson68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad