Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 18.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I would have thought that after Slaf people would have stopped scouting via stat watching.

Also, comparing Eiserman to Poirier would make more sense since they are similar players. Poirier isn't projected as a power forward like Sennecke.
Exactly lol.

If it was that simple, scouts would only look at goals and points and call it a day. Why are they wasting time watching them play, eh?

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
How would Hab fans feel if HuGo use 5oa to grab Levshunov or Parehk
I'd trust the process and expect them to do proper asset management by then bundling a Mailloux/Reinbacher and our Jets first for help at forward

Having Reinbacher/Levshunov at RD will no doubt cut into the minutes of one of them on the long run and that alone can be an issue

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Exactly lol.

If it was that simple, scouts would only look at goals and points and call it a day. Why are they wasting time watching them play, eh?

I am not comparing Senneke and Poirier...I am just saying that if Poirier was 6.2..hewouldd be in the Top 10.and if Senneke was 5.7...he would not be in the first round

• Haha
Reactions: Addik04

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
How would Hab fans feel if HuGo use 5oa to grab Levshunov or Parehk
What? In plain sight? Wouldn't that be sexual harassment?

Joking aside, I would be pissed off at first. Break a few items in the house as I curse Hughes and Gorton, then sever all ties with the Habs team. Finally I would camp outside HuGo's homes and petition for the termination of their contracts. All that would happen in my mind during the five seconds after the announcement. A week later I will laud it as a brilliant move and post in this forum that I was always in favour of this genius pick.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I am not comparing Senneke and Poirier...I am just saying that if Poirier was 6.2..hewouldd be in the Top 10.and if Senneke was 5.7...he would not be in the first round
Liam Greentree is 6'2', has been in the 1st round for a while, has more points than Poirier in a better junior league and he's not in the top 10. Poirier has a lot more warts than just his size to explain his ranking.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Think about that;

When you look in Regular season and in the playoffs....:

Senneke's stats ( GOALS) are nowhere near the ones of Justin Poirier...not even close...

..and Poirier is 9 months younger.

We are talking now Top 10 for Senneke and not even a first round for Poirier.

One is 6.2 and the other is 5.7...

If I would ask 10 people..who will have the better career I bet 9 people would say Senneke.
5'7" usually doesn't translate to the NHL very often. Senn is being hyped of being a top 6 powerforward which are rare unlike midget players.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

So Beaudoin is saying

They want to add some size with their pick, but Demidov would supplant that because of his talent level.

Very unlikely to take a defenseman unless the context lends itself to it.

As of now Catton not in their sights due to the size.

Canadiens love Sennecke, he's in the mix. Probably not ahead of Lindstrom or Demidov.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

So Beaudoin is saying

They want to add some size with their pick, but Demidov would supplant that because of his talent level.

Canadiens love Sennecke, he's in the mix. Probably not ahead of Lindstrom or Demidov.

I’m scared. Another late riser tied with the Habs.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Probably a stretch, but...

On various Basu - Godin podcast they talk about how the Habs will do their own mock draft for the current draft and next year's draft. I wonder if they somehow saw the forwards progressing and putting d down bit?

As it seems the top 10 will be more forwards than d, but a month, or two it was looking like more d than forwards.

f***ing playoff games are trash so it's going to be an even longer wait for the offseason, offseason

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will never get the ''if he was...'' argument. The player is the player he is because he is the size he is.

I guess I will have to draft Sennecke extensively...lol

Reactions: jaffy27

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One thing is sure...Sennecke will help a team win at one point. 'Cause he does have the skating, the IQ and the hockey awareness to do great things. And there's a A LOT of filling out to do which also projects very well.

But....if you pick that kid top 5-7......you still need to see that elite quality.....and so far, I'm not so sure.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’m scared. Another late riser tied with the Habs.
Screenshot_20240503_103825_Chrome.jpg

He's not different than Iginla, 3 spots apart in Bob's mid year.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

So Beaudoin is saying

Probably not just Catton's size, since Catton and Demidov are similar sized/weight and Demidov is an option thanks to his talent.

And Beaudion's contact is probably Basus. :laugh:

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad