you forgot Fabbri.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Vrana - Copp - Zadina
Kubalik - Fabbri - Perron
Erne - Rasmussen - Sundqvist

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Maatta - Lindstrom/Oesterle
*I really think they should have targeted a vet righty for Edvinsson unless they think he's not ready yet.

but lets look at the PPs now
PP1: Bertuzzi, Larkin, Raymond, Seider, Vrana
PP2: Zadina, Perron, Copp, Kubalik, Hronek
*maybe you make it more balanced and swap Vrana and Kubalik around or Vrana and Zadina

im just pumped to see our PK get a boost with Chiarot.

yesterday was a day where players wanted to come here. this is exciting.
Why Zadina over Perron? Perron is the better player.

Reactions: Realgud

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Out:
Stephens, Gagner, Rowney, Staal, Dekeyser, Juolevi, Greiss

In:
Copp, Perron, Kubalik, Edvinsson, Mattaa, Chiarot, Husso

That is a MASSIVE improvement over last year. Add to that the coaching overhaul, and I don't see how anyone can complain about the "mediocrity" of this team after what we've had to ice the past 6 seasons.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Out:

In:

That is a MASSIVE improvement over last year. Add to that the coaching overhaul, and I don't see how anyone can complain about the "mediocrity" of this team after what we've had to ice the past 6 seasons.
This is the most excited I've been since start of 2009 (coming off gm.7 SCF)

Reactions: Konnan511

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Out:

In:

Agreed. With reasonable health, that is AT LEAST a 10-15 point improvement over the 74 points they finished with last season.

I'm going with an over/under of 89 and a half points this year (again, assuming reasonable health). And I'm tempted to take the over, especially with the current roster logjam pointing to a trade on the horizon.

Reactions: Ricelund

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
On defense, I think to start the year it might look like

Chiarot-Seider
Maatta-Hronek
Edvinsson-Pysyk

But by the end of the year would not be surprised if it's

Edvinsson-Seider
Chiarot-Hronek
Maatta-Pysyk/Lindstrom

Curious to see if Sebrango or McIsaac will get any call-ups.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
What timeline does everyone think these players arrive in DET?

i.e, mid-season, TDL, after 20-30gp etc.

Veleno to start in GR?

AlJo
Berggren
Soderblom
I still think a trade is coming to free up a spot on forward.

I've thought Johanssen and Soderblom would be in GR all season barring major injuries, and I still think that.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I still think a trade is coming to free up a spot on forward.

I've thought Johanssen and Soderblom would be in GR all season barring major injuries, and I still think that.
agree on the F trade...logistics.

sadface for AlJo & Soderblom, but I guess it's not the worst thing either. Whatever is best for their development is ultimately most important.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Nice snippet from Kevin Allen on Edvinsson:

After the Red Wings signed 30-year-old veteran Mark Pysyk today, Lalonde has nine defensemen. That includes Steven Kampfer, who might move up and down from Grand Rapids this season, plus restricted free agent Jake Walman.

It doesn’t include rookie Simon Edvinsson who should make the team. The Red Wings are as excited about him as they were about Moritz Seider.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
we have good enough wing depth now where you can pretty much try any combination with the centers and see what sticks

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, but they are 2 best PP players. You put best on the same unit.

Blues PP were 30.8% at last season, franchise record good, and Perron was part of it.
So who goes where on that unit with both of them on it? Who plays left halfwall on rye 2nd unit ?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Plus it’s in the team’s interest to get Zadina going. You either salvage him and help him develop into a real player for your team, or you salvage him and trade him for a better return than he’d get right now.
Zadina gets way too much flack. He’s really improved his all around game. Has had some bad luck with finishing and guys finishing on nice plays he’s made. Also he has played on a 2nd line that’s never been good enough to be a 2nd line. Now he probably goes down to 3rd line and plays on a top 10 3rd line in the league against other teams bottom 6/bottom 4 D

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Zadina gets way too much flack. He’s really improved his all around game. Has had some bad luck with finishing and guys finishing on nice plays he’s made. Also he has played on a 2nd line that’s never been good enough to be a 2nd line. Now he probably goes down to 3rd line and plays on a top 10 3rd line in the league against other teams bottom 6/bottom 4 D
So the filling of nets with pucks is going to begin next season? glad to hear it.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'd like to see diff. strats on PP & PK. Looking forward to all the coaches systems.

PP1 - Umbrella 3F (L/R + net front Bert)-1(Bumper-Larkin)-1D (Mid ice, high slot Seider)

Vrana/Ray- Bert -Vrana/Ray
Larkin
Seider

PP2- traditional 3F-2D (L/R Point)

Perron-Copp (net/bumper/slot)-Kubalik

Edvin - Hronek (these 2 can/should switch sides constantly to confuse & open up lanes) a la Lidstrom - Rafalski !!

Jesus, it felt good to type that. Go on, give it a whirl, fun times ahead folks.

PK

Ras-Sundqvist
Suter-Veleno

Larkin & Bert -only if trailing after 1st/2nd period. Don't wanna risk injury. Train Zadina/Erne to PK if they're still here.

PK
Chiarot - Seider
Maatta -Lindstrom/Pysyk
Walman - Lind/Pysyk (when playing)

Edvin - Hronek save these 2 for 5on5 & PP2.

AlJo - (guessing probably starts in GR)

BOOM!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad