Line Combos: '22-'23 Roster & Line Combos

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I have Perron (RHS-LW) & Vrana (LHS-LW) switched. so it's the opposite look of L1.

which one has more efficacy on ice? 1 clogs up mid-ice/slot lanes better & it's trickier for the G to read shot vs. holding puck in OZ better .

what would your Sr. Rec. league coach say? :D
When I play wing I like to skate on my off-side for the better shooting angles, and I can send and receive passes on my backhand during breakouts better than most. Not sure what Perron’s preference is though, I guess I’d leave it up to him and Vrana and Lalonde!

Reactions: Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
When I play wing I like to skate on my off-side for the better shooting angles, and I can send and receive passes on my backhand during breakouts better than most. Not sure what Perron’s preference is though, I guess I’d leave it up to him and Vrana and Lalonde!
Aiiggghhtt then, if you don't know, just say you don't know. Not all this deferring to coach Lalonde stuff. He's tryna clean up Blender's mess here & some compassion goes a long way. Sorry, it's my 1st dry Dad humor of the day. I do like the better shooting angles & as mentioned, the opposite look of L1 in that regard.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
So do people still think we are in the Bedard sweepstakes? 😂 not a chance. Though no really "sexy" signings this team is top to bottom gonna be real hard to play against. Atlantic is easily gonna be the best division in the league. New coaches, solid goalie tandem, overhauled defense, upgraded center at 2 which upgrades us at 3, Perron can score, Kubalik is fast, no cap issues, prospect pool is pretty loaded up. Great day for Wings fans.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
So do people still think we are in the Bedard sweepstakes? 😂 not a chance. Though no really "sexy" signings this team is top to bottom gonna be real hard to play against. Atlantic is easily gonna be the best division in the league. New coaches, solid goalie tandem, overhauled defense, upgraded center at 2 which upgrades us at 3, Perron can score, Kubalik is fast, no cap issues, prospect pool is pretty loaded up. Great day for Wings fans.
All due to Yzerman, come, the cult is calling you

(maybe I shouldn't post on my CBD days)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You never know. A few years ago ago NJ went all out in the off season and became a playoff favorite, just to lose almost all of their games out of the gate.

It's nice to be sceptical, but that was New Jersey, not Yzerman-built team.

And I'm also gonna put my balls the table, that these 5-6 UFAs we got today are superb signings vs. their worth. It was just not burning money, there was some smarts in all signings.

You build good hockey teams by adding talent, and that's what we did.

So damn simple.

Reactions: archimet and Snuggs

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I think we're looking at:

Bert-Larks-Raymond
Vrana-Copp-Perron
Kubalik-Suter-Zadina
Sundqvist-Rasmussen-Veleno
Erne Berggren

Chiarot-Seider
Hronek-Maatta
Edvinsson-Oesterle/Lindstrom

Not a fan of that D group, but that forward core is much, much improved. I could see that third line in particular really good. That Chiarot contract is uuuugly.

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
From Jfresh on twitter…not bad
50700771-10EA-4129-A943-9FF6015D48AB.jpeg

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
It's nice to be sceptical, but that was New Jersey, not Yzerman-built team.

And I'm also gonna put my balls the table, that these 5-r6 UFAs we got today are superb signings vs. their worth. It was just not burning money, there was some smarts in all signings.

You build good hockey teams by adding talent, and that's what we did.

So damn simple.
Agreed. While they are the Matthews or Mcdavids its a pretty balanced team. I'm guilty myself of just wanting a big name or a big goal scorer but all these signings were potentially genius. Yzerman just doesn't go for the flashy guys, he goes for smart defensive minded guys with untapped potential. Homer or not, is there a better GM in the league? I really don't think so. He is very smart and always seems to be a step ahead or thinking a step ahead. Also probably the most respected GM in the league and isn't fazed by pressure from anyone. Look at the Drouin situation or St.Loius and team Canada, hell he let one of the biggest stars in Stamkos hit free agency and still signed and for less. I wouldn't doubt he got every guy he wanted to take a shot on today. The guy is god level GM 😂

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Last 2-seasons, points/game

Perron 0,93
Bertuzzi 0,90
Vrana 0,81
Larkin 0,80
Copp 0,72
Raymond 0,70
Fabbri 0,56
Kubalik 0,52
Suter 0,46

Our team depth is so much better now.

There's Top9 now, instead of weak top6.

With the number of games most of those players are available for it looks like a top 6 to me.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
So no-one is having Kasper in their line projections?

I could still see him getting the 3C spot out of camp and I think it wouldn't hurt his developement. Kasper already has got experience vs. Pros (Rögle and WC) so I don't see him far away from a roster spot in the NHL. But I'm sure getting top-line minutes in Rögle/AHL wouldn't hurt his developement too.

N0cturne

Jul 10, 2022

I could still see him getting the 3C spot out of camp and I think it wouldn't hurt his developement. Kasper already has got experience vs. Pros (Rögle and WC) so I don't see him far away from a roster spot in the NHL. But I'm sure getting top-line minutes in Rögle/AHL wouldn't hurt his developement too.
Not positive but saw someone here say his agent confirmed him going back to Rögle for one more year after he spoke to Detroit.

The dark horses to me who have at least a chance to make it are Berggren and Edvinsson. And who knows what happens with Söderblom. Hard to believe they cant replace someone on the 4th line or bottom pair on D. I dont think Veleno has shown near enough to be assumed as a 3C or 4C as much as he has in this thread.

m0rkoli

Jan 3, 2019
Never been huge detroit fan since Fedorov... But Detroit is gonna be really interesting in upcoming season.

FIlthty top 6 F with good players in 3 F group.
Very nice top 2D
And better than average goalie in the net.

I'll say this year is a playoff run for Red Wings.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

His dad said he's staying in Rogle for the year.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Roster: 22 – 23 Red Wings

Tyler Bertuzzi – (C) Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond
Jakub Vrana – Andrew Copp David Perron
Dominik Kubalik
– Pius Suter – Filip Zadina
Jonatan Berggren
– Michael Rasmussen – Oskar Sundqvist

* Adam Erne, F
* Givani Smith, F
* LTIR Robbie Fabbri, F

Simon Edvisson – Moritz Seider
Ben Chiarot – Filip Hronek
Ollie Matta – Gustav Lindstrom

* Jordan Osterle, LHD

Alex Nedeljkovic
Ville Husso

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Roster: 22 – 23 Red Wings

Tyler Bertuzzi – (C) Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond
Jakub Vrana – Andrew Copp David Perron
Dominik Kubalik
– Pius Suter – Filip Zadina
Jonatan Berggren
– Michael Rasmussen – Oskar Sundqvist

* Adam Erne, F
* Givani Smith, F
* LTIR Robbie Fabbri, F

Simon Edvisson – Moritz Seider
Ben Chiarot – Filip Hronek
Ollie Matta – Gustav Lindstrom

* Jordan Osterle, LHD

Alex Nedeljkovic
Ville Husso
Where’s Veleno? I highly doubt he starts off in Grand Rapids this year and Berggeron is in the NHL instead

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Where’s Veleno? I highly doubt he starts off in Grand Rapids this year and Berggeron is in the NHL instead
He should be in the AHL playing higher minutes. He's gotta get better at... something to become a legit 3rd line center, or he'll fizzle out as a run of the mill 4th liner by the time he's in his mid 20's. Jonatan Berggren proved in about every way, in the AHL, he's better than Veleno right now and a capable playmaker.

(Just my opinion.)

Zadina, though, quite frankly might be our odd man out as the season plays on. (Again, just my opinion.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad