Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XV

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
If I had to pick between Hall and Bertuzzi I am taking Bertuzzi.

Trade Hall for picks and re-sign Bertuzzi.

To me Bertuzzi is more the more versatile player.

My lineup next year would look something like this if possible:

Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pastrnak
Merkulov/Lauko-Coyle-Lysell
Foligno/Lauko-Frederic-Hathaway
Extras: Greer/Steen

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Zboril-Forbort

Ullmark/Swayman

Trades: Hall/Grzelcyk/and maybe one of the goalies if they win the cup this year. Or in another scenario potentially move Coyle (love the player) but its a tough business.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
When I look at Hall and Bertuzzi; my primary focus is age/production and how the relates to cap figure.

Basically if you had a choice to use Hall’s $6 million cap figure, would you rather use it on Hall as you are, or the younger Bertuzzi?

I think I personally would lean Bertuzzi in that regard because I feel you will get more production from a player in his prime years. Though I will admit after the initial “shiny new toy” gleam wore off with Bertuzzi, I have found myself wanting a little more.

Another reason I feel this way is due to the fact that prior to the acquisition of Bert, I felt like moving Hall could be a wise financial decision. He is a luxury on the third line right now, but he’s also one I don’t think they can afford going into the offseason. He has protection so it’s not a simple as that, but they should explore it.

They spent two first rounders to acquire Bertuzzi, Hathaway, and Orlov. Even with the cap issues, I refuse to believe they are going to not at least try and keep at least two of those players. How? Well that’s for smarter men than me to figure out. Like I said though, Hall’s money would help.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When I look at Hall and Bertuzzi; my primary focus is age/production and how the relates to cap figure.
Basically if you had a choice to use Hall’s $6 million cap figure, would you rather use it on Hall as you are, or the younger Bertuzzi?Another reason I feel this way is due to the fact that prior to the acquisition of Bert, I felt like moving Hall could be a wise financial decision. He is a luxury on the third line right now, but he’s also one I don’t think they can afford going into the offseason. He has protection so it’s not a simple as that, but they should explore it.
They spent two first rounders to acquire Bertuzzi, Hathaway, and Orlov. Even with the cap issues, I refuse to believe they are going to not at least try and keep at least two of those players. How? Well that’s for smarter men than me to figure out. Like I said though, Hall’s money would help.

Pretty sure they will re-sign Hathaway.

Not so much Bertuzzi and Orlov.

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pastrnak

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Zboril-Forbort

Ullmark/Swayman

Trades: Hall/Grzelcyk/and maybe one of the goalies if they win the cup this year. Or in another scenario potentially move Coyle (love the player) but its a tough business.
If we are talking moving forward next year , sure keep Bertuzzi but I still think for this playoff run Taylor Hall has the potential to be impactful . Even when he isn’t playing particularly well his skating ability really makes a difference. Hall has the potential to really boost line 3 . I’m hoping he comes back and plays great .

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I think they will re-sign Bertuzzi and Hathway is a cinch. Orlov and Cliffy almost certainly walk, and Gryz is probably traded. Please, in the name of God, let Zboril walk. Finding d will be a challenge. Brunet and Lohrei are very promising but are a couple of years away. I would let Bertuzzi walk and keep Gryz one more year, but not sure the Bruins will.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think they will re-sign Bertuzzi and Hathway is a cinch. Orlov and Cliffy almost certainly walk, and Gryz is probably traded. Please, in the name of God, let Zboril walk. Finding d will be a challenge. Brunet and Lohrei are very promising but are a couple of years away. I would let Bertuzzi walk and keep Gryz one more year, but not sure the Bruins will.

I can't argue with this one. Zboril is just not that good. Good on the club for giving him every shot to carve out a spot here, but he's definitely 8th on the depth chart and probably not worth re-signing.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Pretty sure he is already signed for next season.

Yes, he is, has another year left. That said, I wouldn't mind him being moved on. At least his cap hit can pretty much 100% buried in Providence if not. I don't think he has a place on the team going forward except as emergency depth.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I believe you still need to move one more significant cap hit in order to achieve this.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011

IMO Grizz, Forbort and Zboril should all be traded to re-sign Orlov and then some.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pastrnak

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Zboril-Forbort

Ullmark/Swayman

That he quite a few rookies you have in the lineup and if you don't trade Coyle he would have two on his line.......umm

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If you see Lohrei as an eventual top four defensemen, which I think most of this fan base and front office believe, then you don’t resign Orlov. There wouldn’t be a spot for him to crack it in like five years.

Like others have said we are going to have to retool in a way. Gryz gets the easiest minutes on the entire backend next to McAvoy. It’s actually a great place to break in Lohrei IMO. Just like Chara did for Mac. Forbort should anchor the third pair with Zboril and a vet.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If you see Lohrei as an eventual top four defensemen, which I think most of this fan base and front office believe, then you don’t resign Orlov. There wouldn’t be a spot for him to crack it in like five years.

Like others have said we are going to have to retool in a way. Gryz gets the easiest minutes on the entire backend next to McAvoy. It’s actually a great place to break in Lohrei IMO. Just like Chara did for Mac. Forbort should anchor the third pair with Zboril and a vet.
i just can’t imagine they don’t move forbort. I think he will be moved in the off-season.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Yes, he is, has another year left. That said, I wouldn't mind him being moved on. At least his cap hit can pretty much 100% buried in Providence if not. I don't think he has a place on the team going forward except as emergency depth.
I looked him up on Sportrac and blast it, he is signed for a year. I could have sworn he is a group VI UFA....He may have gone over the games played threshold this year and he is not 26... We are stuck with this guy.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I looked him up on Sportrac and blast it, he is signed for a year. I could have sworn he is a group VI UFA....He may have gone over the games played threshold this year and he is not 26... We are stuck with this guy.

They signed him to a 2 year contract last summer. They liked him enough to protect him from waivers all season, and now are playing him so he is ready if needed for postseason.

I guess I wouldn't be shocked if he is dealt, but I think they believe he is a far better player than you do

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Or, trade the demonstrably worse defensman in Forbort. The team has given up three (3) goals in 66 shorthanded minutes since his injury. Play Grizz with McAvoy, and break the kid in on the third pair (if he's ready next year).

The Zboril hatred is silly.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
They signed him to a 2 year contract last summer. They liked him enough to protect him from waivers all season, and now are playing him so he is ready if needed for postseason.

I guess I wouldn't be shocked if he is dealt, but I think they believe he is a far better player than you do
And I think he is a far Worse player than even I think....if that makes sense. The guy is clumsy, cant backskate, or crossover without falling, anticipates poorly, does not move well laterally and does not handle the puck well. I have seen them come and go, and he is probably the third worst Bruin d of the last 40 years behind only incredibly bad one trick pony, Bartkowski, and skilless goon, Brian Curran-dishonorable mention to David Shaw.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KrugAvoy

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
And I think he is a far Worse player than even I think....if that makes sense. The guy is extremely clumsy, cant backskate, or crossover without falling, does not move well laterally and does not handle the puck well. I have seen them come and go, and he is probably the third worst Bruin d of the last 40 years behind only incredibly bad one trick pony, Bartkowski, and skilless goon, Brian Curran.
As always, this player evaluation is a disaster.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
And I think he is a far Worse player than even I think....if that makes sense. The guy is extremely clumsy, cant backskate, or crossover without falling, does not move well laterally and does not handle the puck well. I have seen them come and go, and he is probably the third worst Bruin d of the last 40 years behind only incredibly bad one trick pony, Bartkowski, and skilless goon, Brian Curran.

Last time you said this (you've repeated yourself) I sent exactly what you said with some video on Zboril to a professional skating coach. Her reply to me was "ignore everything he/she says."

Now, I won't ignore you, but I always refer to the pros when assessing a player's skating.

Just an FYI.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Last time you said this (you've repeated yourself) I sent exactly what you said with some video on Zboril to a professional skating coach. Her reply to me was "ignore everything he/she says."

Now, I won't ignore you, but I always refer to the pros when assessing a player's skating.

Just an FYI.
Fine, idon't claim to be a skating coach, but glad he or she doesn't work for the Bruins.

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pastrnak

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Zboril-Forbort

Ullmark/Swayman

No way I'm taking Bertuzzi over Hall, Hall can drive a line, Bertuzzi complements it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad