Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XV

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
May not be a bad idea to sign a few folks and trade some folks to restock the cupboard with picks? Being we have no picks?
Again, it was just my PREDICTION of what I think will happen. I don't think Sweeney is going to go trade crazy, and wants to stay competitive.

Coyle, Hall, and Forbort are probably the only players they might be able to get better performance/cap hit if they traded them away, and could sign a UFA for less money, but I doubt they feel the hassle, and hit to the locker room will be worth trading at least the first two, possibly all 3.

With the Pasta contract, they really only have the cap to sign league minimum guys, maybe a couple $2 mil guys(Nosek,Frederic) to fill out the forwards.

Sweeney will probably look to unsigned college free agents to supplement the picks they have left. I know, it will make the draft boring, but that's just what I think will happen. I could be wrong.

Keep the proposals coming.

Reactions: Gordoff

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Again, it was just my PREDICTION of what I think will happen. I don't think Sweeney is going to go trade crazy, and wants to stay competitive.

Coyle, Hall, and Forbort are probably the only players they might be able to get better performance/cap hit if they traded them away, and could sign a UFA for less money, but I doubt they feel the hassle, and hit to the locker room will be worth trading at least the first two, possibly all 3.

With the Pasta contract, they really only have the cap to sign league minimum guys, maybe a couple $2 mil guys(Nosek,Frederic) to fill out the forwards.

Sweeney will probably look to unsigned college free agents to supplement the picks they have left. I know, it will make the draft boring, but that's just what I think will happen. I could be wrong.

Keep the

Keep the proposals coming.
If I am Sweeney and I can sign some of our current UFA that fit and want to be here on good deals, and then move out a few pieces of value for picks I am in a much better place overall as an organization. Pieces will have to be moved out regardless. Signing Cliffy and Bertuzi May let you move out pieces you wouldn’t normally move out for better picks that let you restock the cupboards. If you don’t sign them you still have to move players out.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
As good as this team is playing, I can't wait until Taylor Hall comes back from injury.

I know he was not playing well when he left the lineup, but maybe this injury slowed him down? His injury was one of the reasons for picking up Todd Bertuzzi. What happens when Hall comes back? Now you have Bert and Halsy. Who plays with Pasta? Bert looks pretty good next to Pasta. Hall plays with Coyle and Zacha? And Foligno skating as well.

Such great problems to have, the depth on this team!

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
starting to feel like the future of this team looks like

Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
Lauko-Freddy-Lysell

something like that. Lot of yutes, I don't mind that!

Given how good we'll be in nets and D, I definitely don't dread this. On that squad I think Zacha is a 75 pt player if not more.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
Lauko-Freddy-Lysell

Given how good we'll be in nets and D, I definitely don't dread this. On that squad I think Zacha is a 75 pt player if not more.

I think Bergeron is back 100% next year. Bruins 100 year anniversary. Other than that I like this!! With the Bruins defense and goaltending they will be good for years to come.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
Lauko-Freddy-Lysell

I like that top 9, I like it more if Bergy comes back. Hopefully we can flip Hall for a good draft pick or prospect (or both!). We'd need Bertuzzi to be willing to sign for a similar cap hit to Hall though.

Reactions: bbfan419

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I like that top 9, I like it more if Bergy comes back. Hopefully we can flip Hall for a good draft pick or prospect (or both!). We'd need Bertuzzi to be willing to sign for a similar cap hit to Hall though.
Considering that Hall is going to be having knee surgery this summer, going to be pretty hard to trade him.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Considering that Hall is going to be having knee surgery this summer, going to be pretty hard to trade him.
If he goes on LTIR the Bruins just may be able to keep/sign a player they otherwise would not be able too. I don't want Hall traded, I value him more then Bertuzzi who I also like.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think you are right my gut tells me Bergy is back for one more year , I am not sure if the can sign Bertuzzi , now he could sign a one year deal which benefits the player and the team . Hall is a could be moved but I think he is going to prove he is healthy and might be deadline deal...........Lysell is still a question mark.....

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I think Bergeron is back 100% next year. Bruins 100 year anniversary. Other than that I like this!! With the Bruins defense and goaltending they will be good for years to come.

Do we know for sure that Krecho isn't coming back?

I have seen zero mockups with him in the line up.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
My bet is cup, both retire.

That's not a bad thing either! That's the send off they both deserve. Imagine going out like that.

Reactions: Number8

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I just cannot get over the fact that for the first time I can remember, in the playoffs, the coach of the Bruins will have to decide which of at least 4 legit NHL players to put into the lineup, rather than praying someone can perform way above their level of talent.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Hey if Hall is going to need surgery, any chance they do this in the playoffs?

63-37-74
18-46-88
59-13-11
71-92-21

and then Foligno when he's ready who knows where? If Hall's knee is in that shape, sure makes sense to try him for 8-10 mins and some spot PP time. I like that 4th line! I could see Figgy fitting well with Nosek and Hall too. That line could score some goals!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This is a guy if he becomes available in the off season and Bergy retires would be a primary replacement.

Meanwhile, the 28-year-old Lindholm replied, “We’ll see what happens. I’ve got one more year. Gotta look at it that way. I have one more year and that’s all I can say.” Gilbertson doesn’t feel that’s a “bring-me-a-pen proclamation”.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Does anyone know what the recovery timeline is for Hall’s knee surgery this off-season? I believe he had knee surgery once before and was back in 6 weeks, but more invasive surgeries can take 6 months. The answer probably has a big impact on their off-season plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00