Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't see how they can fit Looch in without significant salary going the other way, especially someone like Reilly w term.

Something I doubt the Flames have an interest in.

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Facts are, we did well, got two good pieces and big ones went to non imediate rivals. NY is a bit scary but so far Carolina has added nothing significant. I'm hoping they play each other and Toronto vs Tampa is a blood bath

Reactions: Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Dunno, none of us are in the negotiations. Arizona wasn't forced to do anything, they still had him for another two seasons. Seems like the main part was no retention? Unfortunately the Bruins pay annually to get rid of their seemingly never ending crap contracts. A 10-12 pick and two 2's would seem to be a bad return for a guy of this caliber when he asn't able to go anywhere. Kind of like the Hamilton deal it would seem, just putrid.
It's pretty clear that AZ wouldn't take on ANY money in a Chychrun deal. The only way this was happening for Boston is if they found a 3rd team to take on 100% of Boston's outgoing cap, which would have cost extra on top of whatever the Chychrun cost was at the time.

Sweeney could have waited it out and risked losing the game of musical chairs. Instead he quickly pivoted to the Orlov deal which is far & away the best plan B we've seen of any team that was in on Chychrun. If anything this is a huge win for Sweeney and a great example of how good he has been lately. He was clearly the most aggressive in pursuing Chyrchrun. Then when there was no viable path to a deal he quickly moved on and landed Orlov and Hathaway together when the rest of the league seemingly didn't even know they were available. And Sweeney's plan B is arguably a better fit for their current needs anyway.

Trying to spin this into a way to bash Sweeney is just such a stretch. He played this about as perfectly as you could in the Bruins situation.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why does everyone need to post about moving Coyle , it is like a must do with some people. Watch the game he brings so much to the table , now if you want to bitch about him not shooting last night on a two on one , I am with you . I think an intervention is needed with his lack of shooting ,he has a great shot and needs to use it. That is my biggest bitch about him, but for cripes knock the trade talk.............
Fantastic post

Reactions: CellyHard

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
What do you guys think of Pius Suter? UFA after this year, left shot C, can PK and score a bit. I'm guessing he can be had for a reasonable cost and can provide some depth for our forward group

Reactions: Gordoff

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Agreed.

Trade Coyle
Bring back Lucic
.....get the duck boats ready.

God, I can't wait for this deadline to end so this thread dies off.
It'll restart in July when he's a Free Agent and people beg to sign him as a Figment replacement on LW4

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's pretty clear that AZ wouldn't take on ANY money in a Chychrun deal. The only way this was happening for Boston is if they found a 3rd team to take on 100% of Boston's outgoing cap, which would have cost extra on top of whatever the Chychrun cost was at the time.

Sweeney could have waited it out and risked losing the game of musical chairs. Instead he quickly pivoted to the Orlov deal which is far & away the best plan B we've seen of any team that was in on Chychrun. If anything this is a huge win for Sweeney and a great example of how good he has been lately. He was clearly the most aggressive in pursuing Chyrchrun. Then when there was no viable path to a deal he quickly moved on and landed Orlov and Hathaway together when the rest of the league seemingly didn't even know they were available. And Sweeney's plan B is arguably a better fit for their current needs anyway.

Trying to spin this into a way to bash Sweeney is just such a stretch. He played this about as perfectly as you could in the Bruins situation.
Love orlov. Would have loved Chychrun more, especially for an extra two seasons at a ridiculous number. I mean the joke is on the coyotes, but also the teams that didn’t wait maybe? Like I said before tho we don’t exactly know what went down, but it’s clear questionable contracts cost them if they wanted Chychrun (obviously they did considering Dom gas reported they have been on him for two years)

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Won't need him when we get Tom Wilson :naughty:
I wish. This team would be out right dangerous and bad for others teams health if they add him.

Don’t under estimate the Jeannot add. That man is an absolute menace. Hits violently. Fights anyone. And has a goal scorers shot. He is also fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad