Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Love orlov. Would have loved Chychrun more, especially for an extra two seasons at a ridiculous number. I mean the joke is on the coyotes, but also the teams that didn’t wait maybe? Like I said before tho we don’t exactly know what went down, but it’s clear questionable contracts cost them if they wanted Chychrun (obviously they did considering Dom gas reported they have been on him for two years)
Didn't get him last year and settled in Lindholm. Didn't get him this year and settled on Orlov.

I think the Bruins did alright.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed.

Trade Coyle
Bring back Lucic
.....get the duck boats ready.

God, I can't wait for this deadline to end so this thread dies off.
Lol if they pushed back till March 17 the Leafs would have 13 new players

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Love orlov. Would have loved Chychrun more, especially for an extra two seasons at a ridiculous number. I mean the joke is on the coyotes, but also the teams that didn’t wait maybe? Like I said before tho we don’t exactly know what went down, but it’s clear questionable contracts cost them if they wanted Chychrun (obviously they did considering Dom gas reported they have been on him for two years)
Every team has questionable contracts. More than half the league has less than $1m in cap space right now. More than a 3rd has 0 cap space and nearly half the league is using LTIR to do anything at the deadline. This narrative that Sweeney or the Bruins have a disproportionate number of bad contracts is just false. There are teams (many of them good ones) with much worse contracts. The Bruins worst contracts have been overpaying by a million here & there on depth guys like Reilly & Smith. Two guys who are at least medically cleared to play hockey and could easily be regulars on multiple NHL teams.

When you are perennially in top 10 teams in the league and your worst contracts are ones like Reilly, Smith, Moore & Beleskey then you're actually doing good. Sweeney's worst contract by far was the Backes one and that was signed 7 years ago. And he paid a little extra and got out from under it. No big deal.

Oh and by the way through all this he has the team in a position to possibly break the single season wins record and was still able to add 2 impactful players.

Seriously. I get that Sweeney's first couple years were rough and gave us all some PTSD but it's time to take a step back and realize that he has been killing it as GM for at least the last 3 years.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Chychrun is hot garbage defensively. As much as Krug frustrated people, he's Chara compared to Chychrun

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Rumor has it that when Chychrun learned that he was finally being traded, he was so happy that he started jumping for joy and he hurt his ankle...he’s out for 4 weeks
LMAO! So glad the Bs didn't do a crazy deal for Chychrun. His games played versus games missed (due to injury) during his career is insane for a youngish player. Add to that his body seems to already be broken down to a decent extent. How on earth would he ever finish a season playing in an intense system and in a more physical conference? He might be talented, but if he can't make it to the playoffs he's useless for the Bs. Would rather have Orlov for this particular team 10/10 times over Chychrun.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I have a feeling Orlov is gonna like it here so much he is gonna stay.
Every team has questionable contracts. More than half the league has less than $1m in cap space right now. More than a 3rd has 0 cap space and nearly half the league is using LTIR to do anything at the deadline. This narrative that Sweeney or the Bruins have a disproportionate number of bad contracts is just false. There are teams (many of them good ones) with much worse contracts. The Bruins worst contracts have been overpaying by a million here & there on depth guys like Reilly & Smith. Two guys who are at least medically cleared to play hockey and could easily be regulars on multiple NHL teams.

When you are perennially in top 10 teams in the league and your worst contracts are ones like Reilly, Smith, Moore & Beleskey then you're actually doing good. Sweeney's worst contract by far was the Backes one and that was signed 7 years ago. And he paid a little extra and got out from under it. No big deal.

Oh and by the way through all this he has the team in a position to possibly break the single season wins record and was still able to add 2 impactful players.

Seriously. I get that Sweeney's first couple years were rough and gave us all some PTSD but it's time to take a step back and realize that he has been killing it as GM for at least the last 3 years.
This is his 3rd team that is a legit SC team I think he’s done a great job. 19 the players choked, 20 was Covid and this year is TBD. one of the best in the game. I also think he’s dropped the ball a few times. That’s all

Chychrun is hot garbage defensively. As much as Krug frustrated people, he's Chara compared to Chychrun
Like every other defenseman here he would be fine. This is a defenseman’s paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad