Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
If they get Barbashev 50% retained and trading Reilly/Wagner/Zboril I think carryover will be ~ 4M, a bit better than 4.65M.

In other news, I have no idea how they will get new deals for Clifton and Orlov.

Reactions: Gordoff

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
1677204424031.png

I'm a people person, and I kill trade deadlines again and again

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Does Mark mean two more trades are coming or did he mean one with Reilly and zbroil
could be either? regardless it wont happen till after tonight since zboril is in the lineup until Nosek is activated. hell if it is a zboril/schenn swap then do it when you get to Vancouver.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Great work Donny. Orlov is a nice add. Kind of a shame to see Forbort sitting. He's been a puck-blocking rock on the PK. I wonder if Monty would consider dressing 7 D, and rotate Grizz and Forbort as needed.

Hathaway is a PITA. Hopefully he'll be effective as our PITA.

Great to see they're all in to win it!

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Great work Donny. Orlov is a nice add. Kind of a shame to see Forbort sitting. He's been a puck-blocking rock on the PK. I wonder if Monty would consider dressing 7 D, and rotate Grizz and Forbort as needed.

Hathaway is a PITA. Hopefully he'll be effective as our PITA.

Great to see they're all in to win it!
I think sitting grizz makes more sense. Forbort is a better penalty killer, orlov kind of is just a better grzcelyk. I dont think you can put orlov or grizz on cliftons left. Maybe you sit clifton and slide orlov on the right with forbort? Not sure. I dont think come playoff time you can dress orlov grizz and clifton.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I think sitting grizz makes more sense. Forbort is a better penalty killer, orlov kind of is just a better grzcelyk. I dont think you can put orlov or grizz on cliftons left. Maybe you sit clifton and slide orlov on the right with forbort? Not sure. I dont think come playoff time you can dress orlov grizz and clifton.

I agree, you can't play Clifton and Gryz together, too small, the 3rd pairing should be Clifton and Forbert. The top 4 are clearly McAvoy, Lindholm, Orlov and Carlo. Nice problems for Monty to have, a lot will depend on who we play.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I predict that Chychrun now goes to the Kings. When Orlov became available, Donny jumped on it because the Bruins could have easily been outbid by another club for Chychrun. The Kings were rumored to be close.

Orlov is a nice grab as a Chychrun replacement. He's a top 4 easily. Maybe more durable than Jakob. They did not have to give up anybody in their current lineup as well as Lohrei or Lysell.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If they get Barbashev 50% retained and trading Reilly/Wagner/Zboril I think carryover will be ~ 4M, a bit better than 4.65M.

In other news, I have no idea how they will get new deals for Clifton and Orlov.
I honestly don't think they do.

Too many forward spots that need to be filled.

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Does taking that 26 year old prospect affect our roster / reserve limit?

I know Bruins had their eyes on some college UFA, and we are already down a contract spot with Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad