Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
I don't want to regurgitate what the media is saying, just what I myself have:

1) Team has been shopping Smith since the season started. This is not new.

2) They circled back to Chychrun on the weekend - no movement on Yotes part. Still don't think the Bruins would pay the price. But somebody will.

3) Calls to the Blues have gone beyond "initial conversations" regarding Barbashev.

4) There is a tentative agreement in place for Gavrikov but CBJ does not want to take on any salary. I'm told it's a 1st and a prospect not a 1st and a 3rd. And there have been talks between the B's and Gavrikov's representatives about an extension.

Oh, and one more thing I missed - talks with the Ducks about strictly a salary dump.
Dom, TYVM for this info. We appreciate what you can tell us very much.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Based on what? I don't think they make a move during the road trip. Sweeney's going to have to take this down to the wire to avoid overpaying and I doubt he wants to upset anyone while they're on a tough trip. I'd wager we don't see a move until 3/1 at the earliest.
Gavrikov has sat out for a week now. They have a game tomorrow night, then again on Saturday. Don’t see them sitting him for 2 weeks. Bruins typically make their moves before the long road trips. Just a hunch.

The longer he waits the more he pays. Nobody will be upset. At worst, Smith is moved off the active roster.

View attachment 654591

Lol, I saw this on the ESPN App and took a screenshot. Still no one has edited it. Can you spot the typo?! Haha
It’s been a long day here, no time for your funk posts. I’d love Konecny

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Smith to Anaheim for 2024 3rd + Steen

Lohrei/ or Lysell
2023 1st
2024 1st
Reilly
To Arizona for Chychrun

Not sure Armstrong gets offer better than that. A young top 6 forward (Lysell) or top 4 dman (Lohrei), and two 1sts. I’d even toss in Bussi if necessary.

Lindholm McAvoy
Chychrun Carlo
Forbort Clifton

*Grzelcyk
*Stralman
*Zboril

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
I agree. All joking aside, you have to pay the price sometimes.

We COULD go into next year with no Krejci, Bergeron, or Pasta. I don’t think all of that will happen, but as things stand that is at least a possibility.

At the same time, we also have the best chance of going all the way this year we’re likely to see.

Ive been hard on Sweeney in the past but he has put together one hell of a team and I am enjoying this year immensly.

I believe Sweeney knows what we can add to give us the best chance possible and I think he’s working hard to do that.

Bruins Cap situation, and the fact that we are one of real favorites this year, is going to make other GM’s hold our feet to fire. So be it.

Unless prices are insane (who really knows what is true and what is smoke) in this situation you pay the price and go for it hard.

No guarantees, but if we were to win the Cup this year I’m more than happy to worry about the future in the future.

Go for it, Donny.
I wonder how hard people will be on Donnie if Pastrnak walks for nothing?

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Im interested in seeing what happens. The only thing Sweeney is good at is trades. So I'm kind of confident on this one.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
With some of the team friendly contracts on the Bruins . I would say Sweeney is good at more than just trades
It takes everyone to succeed and be successful from the ownership right down to the Zamboni driver, but I would give the credit to the individuals first and fore-most, ala Bergy/krejci and the culture they helped created on this team, along with the city and the fans.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
List of d-men for 2010 - 2020 that were selected between 25-32:

Jared Tinordi
Mark Pysyk
David Musil
Stuart Percy
Jordan Schmaltz
Brady Skjei
Shea Theodore
Ian McCoshen
Chris Bigras
Noah Juulsen
Jacob Larsson
Gabriel Carlsson
Jeremy Roy
Lucas Johansen
Henri Jokiharju
Conor Timmins
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Nicolas Beaudin
Nils Lundkvist
Rasmus Sandin
Mattias Samuelsson
Ryan Johnson
Justin Barron
William Wallinder

Your not likely to find a Gavrikov in the late 1st when the Bruins pick will likely be. Why are people so terrified to give up a 1st?
Because this is an excellent draft and will produce a lot of quality players. I would rather give up next years first over this years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad