Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babajingo

1677033351702.png

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Everyone in this thread panicking about the Leafs adding RoR because it upgrades their scoring, must not realize we are 2nd in the league in goals scored right behind the Oilers. Even with the Leafs adds they aren’t gonna make up the gap between them and us. Also our defense and goaltending is waaaay better and we are looking to improve our defense more. Let’s calm down now.
Just gotta beef up in front to be sure. Hope we get a good one.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Your stressing too much on this Don, what's happened to your faith in GM Sweeney ?
I dont like that dubas move. It was a good one. I want donny to arm up now. Gavrikov a good move but not enough for me . This is bergy dk last shot and they are wonderful human beings and players for this organization and fanbase. They deserve the best . I want chychrun to be honest and willing to pay. Hes a game changer.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I dont like that dubas move. It was a good one. I want donny to arm up now. Gavrikov a good move but not enough for me . This is bergy dk last shot and they are wonderful human beings and players for this organization and fanbase. They deserve the best . I want chychrun to be honest and willing to pay. Hes a game changer.

I like Chychrun too but the reported ask by Arizona is utterly ridiculous and he's an injury risk. Who cares about TO, you seriously think with Samsanov and Murray in nets and a soft D that they are built for playoff success.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I like Chychrun too but the reported ask by Arizona is utterly ridiculous and he's an injury risk. Who cares about TO, you seriously think with Samsanov and Murray in nets and a soft D that they are built for playoff success.
I just want more scoring just to be sure. This team is special and donny has to give it's best shot. My hope is some D and some scoring and go for a run. If its gavrikov fine but I want more scoring depth . I'm sure donny is gonna address it.

:goes to check what "interesting" means in this case:

:sees a 5-0 score after two became 5-2 with 12 minutes left:

Nope, sorry, Donald, you don't get to mark this a win just yet.
Its 5 to 3 now ? Is my book it make your criteria now?

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Reactions: quietbruinfan

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I just want more scoring just to be sure. This team is special and donny has to give it's best shot. My hope is some D and some scoring and go for a run. If its gavrikov fine but I want more scoring depth . I'm sure donny is gonna address it.

Its 5 to 3 now ? Is my book it make your criteria now?

If it didn't quickly became 6-3, yes, but ultimately this is an L for you. It's not booked. No booking took place.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT

Sorry, didn’t know where else to put this. Explains the handshake line incident.

God, went to go check the video on YouTube because of this clip and spent an hour listening to the whole thing. What a great great interview. Highly recommend it. Talks a ton about Boston, could tell he still loves the city and guys here. Tied to trade chatter loved the story about Montreal courting him the hardest during free agency but he just couldn’t do it to the “Boston faithful “ in his words. Sounds like he’s in a real good spot in life. Happy for him. Anyways sorry to derail the thread just wanted to let you know it’s definitely worth listening to

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
God, went to go check the video on YouTube because of this clip and spent an hour listening to the whole thing. What a great great interview. Highly recommend it. Talks a ton about Boston, could tell he still loves the city and guys here. Tied to trade chatter loved the story about Montreal courting him the hardest during free agency but he just couldn’t do it to the “Boston faithful “ in his words. Sounds like he’s in a real good spot in life. Happy for him. Anyways sorry to derail the thread just wanted to let you know it’s definitely worth listening to

Great reminder that booing Johnny Damon when he played for the Yankees was 100% okay!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Washington sitting outside the playoffs….lost 5 straight.

10 days from now, if they’re even further out of it, I wonder if they’d move Johansson?

He’s got 13 goals, plays either wing and has some familiarity with the team.

UFA after this season, only making 1.1.

Maybe Washington would take a prospect for him?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So everyone talks about how the 1st is pick 32 and there's no guarantees there, and that's fine. The problem is opportunity cost. If you spend a 1st+ on Gavrikov to make your defense marginally better, that limits what else you can do, not to mention the cost required to cut enough salary to fit him.

All I can think of is how their achilles heal every single year in the playoffs is depth scoring, and improving that should be their top priority. Gavrikov is a luxury, and as good as they may be, they can't afford luxuries when they have actual needs to fill. That doesn't even get into the potential of extending him, which would be the only thing worse than spending a 1st on him. They don't have the luxury to spend another $4-5M on a defenseman next year, not when it's tough enough to build a cap compliant lineup for next season as it is. And next season does matter. It was said earlier, but even in the best case scenario, their Stanley Cup odds are probably only around 15%, which may be better than other teams, but still isn't very good. Despite the "Last Dance" talk, there's enough talent to compete next year if they can get Bergeron back, as long as they don't go crazy now and make building a competitive team for next season a cap impossibility.

I don't even like Luke Schenn, but I can't help but feel that they'd be better off going the cheaper route with Schenn and Nick Bjugstad than overpaying for Gavrikov. It's often those smaller deals that end up being the major difference makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad