GDT: #22 – Sabres at Maple Leafs – Sat Nov 16 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, CBC – WGR-AM

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I see Leino has taken over the title of resident stick tapper from Derek Roy... Stop using your ****ing stick like that sooner or later they'll call slashing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Risto just dropped another Leaf with his pinch down to the half-wall. Just think of him fully filled out... *drool*

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
This.

And in the next couple of years.

I wasn't being a *****. I honestly wanted to know. Because you ask 20 people, you get 20 different answers. Some think an elite defensive defenseman is a franchise defenseman. Others want one that pour in goals and that's a franchise defenseman. Others think a player that is awesome in all areas and has no weakness, and that's a franchise defenseman. Others think a hard hitter that fights and clears the crease seeing red, and that's a franchise defenseman. Everyone has an idea as to what that means to them.

I don't think Risto will be any of that in only two years. But I'd love to be wrong :laugh:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I wasn't being a *****. I honestly wanted to know. Because you ask 20 people, you get 20 different answers. Some think an elite defensive defenseman is a franchise defenseman. Others want one that pour in goals and that's a franchise defenseman. Others think a player that is awesome in all areas and has no weakness, and that's a franchise defenseman. Others think a hard hitter that fights and clears the crease seeing red, and that's a franchise defenseman. Everyone has an idea as to what that means to them.

I don't think Risto will be any of that in only two years. But I'd love to be wrong :laugh:

All-situations, 10-goal, 40 point defenseman. Good in every zone.

Zadorov's open - ice ability will probably overshadow the consistency Risto will bring. He's not just a horse; he's a smart, confident horse.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Tallinder is the opposite of what he was last night. Enroth isn't helping the team tonight. And Leino still sucks.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
This is more or less the team I expected to see this year. They're not losing due to a lack of effort (for once), they're losing because the team just isn't good. I'm okay with them losing like this throughout the season.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
This is more or less the team I expected to see this year. They're not losing due to a lack of effort (for once), they're losing because the team just isn't good. I'm okay with them losing like this throughout the season.

This. Once more, nobody is a passenger. These guys look confident and in it even when down three.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wait, so the attempted pass across in front of the Leaf net by Leino is the problem there? Not Hank losing his man AGAIN and going full Leopold?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Wait, so the attempted pass across in front of the Leaf net by Leino is the problem there? Not Hank losing his man AGAIN and going full Leopold?

A pass that's stronger and on target leads to a scoring chance or SOG instead of a turnover with the Leafs on the attack. Not to excuse Hank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad