GDT: #22 – Sabres at Maple Leafs – Sat Nov 16 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, CBC – WGR-AM

Tibor

May 26, 2010
Toronto
Hello, Leaf fan here,

I thought the Sabres played well for the most part of the past two games and I don't look as bad as their record indicates. A split in the home and home was basically what I was expecting. I was also quite impressed with some of Sabres younger players.

As someone who doesn't watch the Sabres much has their been much visible improvement in the few games since the coaching change?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Scott called Phaneuf Princess in the post game? What was the story there?
Hoppe recapped it as such:
A mini-melee erupted 5:34 into the third period when Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf lost an edge and fell down on his own as Scott approached him. Moments later, Phaneuf went after Cody McCormick and Frazer McLaren tried getting at Scott as officials held them back. While no one fought, Scott, who ignited the exhibition brawl and has a reputation around the NHL, received two roughing penalties and a 10-minute misconduct, enough to basically end his night.

“I’ve got some where I didn’t do anything, and that definitely falls in that category,” Scott said. “So I don’t really know why I got 14 minutes. The ref obviously had reasons for it. So I guess I’ll just have to live with it.”

Did the referee say anything to Scott?

“No, I didn’t think I did anything wrong,” he said. “I went for a hit, Phaneuf bailed. I get dragged down from behind and get 14 minutes. So I think there was more of a precaution. They didn’t want anything to boil over.”

Scott said reputation calls are “getting a little old.”

“But I understand it,” he said. “I definitely have a reputation that comes with me. Obviously, this year isn’t helping. What are you going to do? I’m just going to keep doing my thing.”
Scott's post-game comment that's omitted from the recap was along the lines of: "All of a sudden I'm not allowed to hit him anymore. He's Princess Phaneuf. It's a joke."

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Scott called Phaneuf Princess in the post game? What was the story there?
Phaneuf brings the puck up to the Toronto blue line, getting harassed by a Sabre from behind and Scott gets ready to line him up. Phaneuf loses his footing as Scott goes for the check and they collide low, looks like Scott's leg is banged up. Play continues, no penalties, then play ends. Phaneuf cross checks (Tropp?) and then McCormick goes after Phaneuf, Orr comes in and flips completely over top of McCormick. Scott drops his gloves and skates toward the fray, McLaren jumps on Scott from behind before Scott can get a hold of anyone.

Scott gets a double minor and a misconduct for getting jumped from behind by McLaren, the 14 minutes in penalties essentially ices the two of them for the remainder of the game.

Last edited:

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Leafs no goal, redirected with skate in 1st.

Steve Ott vs David Clarkson fight

Jamie McBain laser slapshot goal 3-1

Tyler Ennis snapshot one timer goal 3-2

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
STRONG FINAL 40 NOT ENOUGH FOR SABRES

Sabres-Maple Leafs Recap (11/16/13)
[NHL]487705[/NHL]
Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 4-2 loss to the Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre.

Ted Nolan Post-Game (11/16/13)
[NHL]487706[/NHL]

Jhonas Enroth Post-Game (11/16/13)
[NHL]487726[/NHL]

Tyler Ennis Post-Game (11/16/13)
[NHL]487727[/NHL]

Zemgus Girgensons Post-Game (11/16/13)
[NHL]487729[/NHL]

Ville Leino Post-Game (11/16/13)
[NHL]487728[/NHL]

Ad

Upcoming events