Post-Game Talk: 21.r1.g1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Well, Sprong was the only player on the Caps not to crack 10 mins ice time, he had 9:12. Next lowest was Hath at 12:12.

We may not like it but Lavi has made clear who is 13th F is. If Kuzy comes back Sprong will sit.
Agreed.

Like I said the other day...don't care what kuzu did. He's healthy and able then he should be in the lineup. You don't take a guy who absolutely should have won the Conn Smythe(no disrespect to Ovi) during a cup run and sit him in the playoffs. I don't care if he's only playing 3rd line minutes and PP he's a significant improvement over sprong.

Reactions: Neil Racki

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I was concerned about how Caps would do when Broons get last change after the series moves to beantown, but the RS records show both teams with 2 Ws on opposing ice.

19-7-2 Caps on the road this year. Good to see.

Not sure if they can clinch every series on the road again, but we still haven't lost that Road Warrior touch after 2 years wandering the desert.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Why would you do that? Why do you suppose Lavy wouldnt do that?
Why would I do that? Because Sprong has outplayed all of the guys I've mentioned, and has been incredibly productive. Not just productive for his ice time, but productive overall.

Lavi does or doesn't do it because of some crap you're gonna spew from his press conferences and TOI.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Worst comes to worst, and if VV and Sammy are both out, I wouldn't mind seeing Shepard dressed behind Craig (after Hershey's last game of course). At least over Copley.

Reactions: Neil Racki

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Agreed.

Like I said the other day...don't care what kuzu did. He's healthy and able then he should be in the lineup. You don't take a guy who absolutely should have won the Conn Smythe(no disrespect to Ovi) during a cup run and sit him in the playoffs. I don't care if he's only playing 3rd line minutes and PP he's a significant improvement over sprong.

Except this Kuzy and 2018 Kuzy are not the same person. The I dont care what he did stance can really bite you in the ass when you find out what he actually did. Do you really mean that? Careful about statements without parameters. Do you mean to say that if he has broken faith with his teammates and they dont want him back, that management should force him?

If all this has an innocent explanation, he will be welcomed back. No question. Thats not the same as it doesnt matter what happened

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Shepard doesn't have an NHL contract. If they were to take a goalie from Hershey, it would be Fucale.

What is this then???

lovebrian.png

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Except this Kuzy and 2018 Kuzy are not the same person. The I dont care what he did stance can really bite you in the ass when you find out what he actually did. Do you really mean that? Careful about statements without parameters. Do you mean to say that if he has broken faith with his teammates and they dont want him back, that management should force him?

If all this has an innocent explanation, he will be welcomed back. No question. Thats not the same as it doesnt matter what happened
Thanks dad. There's not a player on that team that would turn their back on his talent if they thought it gave them a better chance to win a cup and he definitely does no matter what your 2018 vs 2021 scouting report says.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Watching the game winner again Oshie sees Dowd battling in front and fires a prefect 1 timer from the blue FTW. Offensive awareness. That was my old move in roller. if anyone was manning up fighting D men and screening I would always fire the puck at him asap. I ain't passing to the lazy floaters on the perimeter.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Thanks dad. There's not a player on that team that would turn their back on his talent if they thought it gave them a better chance to win a cup and he definitely does no matter what your 2018 vs 2021 scouting report says.

The operative word is if they thought it gave them a better chance. You seem to be saying that he could shoot someone on 5th ave. and the team would welcome in in. I dont think thats true.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Just caught up f*** yeeeeeeeees!

Team looked good, Anderson looked real shaky, get well soon VV and Sammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad