Post-Game Talk: 21.r1.g1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Lars Eller led the forwards in TOI, a lot of which came against the Bergeron line. Yet some eye him up as a possible cap-clearing move in order to make space for McMichael. Silly.

Lavi switched the lines up well. Everytime the Bruins were making a run in the end of the 2nd and the whole 3rd and OT, Lavi would change the lines and nip that in the bud.

The Bruins looked scary for a few minutes and but never for long.

Kinda crazy how well that was working.

illicit

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
My bloody power went out after the first, worst timing ever. Had to follow the game off the Score apps play-by-play feature. From the highlights I've seen and the first period, boys had a very strong first game. Love to see Oshie and Wilson instantly having chemistry out there together, when was the last time they shared the ice? Fingers crossed my power stays on for G2.

Last edited:

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Orlov is this team's best D by a country mile right now.
Carlson needs to pull his head out of his behind. His ES ice time needs to be cut until he can be trusted. If that means playing TVR as a 7th D and sheltering Carlson, so be it.
That top line was not doing it for me. Mantha and Ovie are both too passive in terms of puck pursuit to be on the same line. Both of them just want to camp high danger spaces and wait for linemates to feed them the puck. With Ovie you know he's going to make that work often enough. Maybe Mantha can make that work on another line, but he can't be doing that if he's on a line with Ovechkin. It just leaves Backstrom out to dry.
Eller revved it up a gear tonight.
Oshie played passably at center tonight, but the team needs Kuzy back ASAP. Even if it does nothing else but free up Oshie to balance out the winger spots in the line-up and help get Mantha onto a different line.
Anderson did admirably for being shoved into net with zero notice, but there were a ton of rebounds and a couple lucky breaks. The Bruins are going to come hard and test him. Hopefully Samsonov is ready to step in right away.
I thought Sprong had a pretty solid game. He's going to find the scoresheet in this series if he keeps it up.
Sheary was kinda invisible.

Orlov was outstanding tonight. His gaps on the Bruins stars were amazing. Wish the same could be said about Carlson.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Notice on the winning goal, as was the case all night, no Bruin was within licking distance (oh hey 63) of Wilson. They just conceded time and space to him all night and the result was a goal and an assist.

Bs may try to bait him Monday. Or maybe they’d just rather not, since that would require taking him on

Lauzon needs to be hurt on Monday. Dirty little f*cker has it coming.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Notice on the winning goal, as was the case all night, no Bruin was within licking distance (oh hey 63) of Wilson. They just conceded time and space to him all night and the result was a goal and an assist.

Bs may try to bait him Monday. Or maybe they’d just rather not, since that would require taking him on

Possibly, but maybe just maybe Willy is focused on another cup and saving the drama for the regular season next year. He was so important in this game with his hustle, hitting, and of course scoring. I'll take that in the playoffs over regular season antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad