Post-Game Talk: 21.r1.g1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I thought Mantha looked good. I thought Oshie paid back that punch in the head with his part in the winner very nicely. A goal and assist from Wilson had to hurt. Anyone notice how crappy Dillon and Schultz looked? Neither did I. Lars Eller is a stud. Ov is a missile. Time to crawl in bed with the laptop and watch the replay!!

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
You keep Raffl in the line-up and scratch one of Sheary (if he stays invisible), Hagelin, or Hatheway before you consider scratching Sprong.

Not a chance Hags or Hathaway sit. Caps’ 4th line is top 5 in the league. Sheary and Sprong have both been good enough to cause this discussion but I don’t think Lavy breaks up that line. I agree with him on this one.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Why would I do that? Because Sprong has outplayed all of the guys I've mentioned, and has been incredibly productive. Not just productive for his ice time, but productive overall.

Lavi does or doesn't do it because of some crap you're gonna spew from his press conferences and TOI.
Can’t scratch Hags. He is an incredibly effective PKer. Plus, Lavi loves that 4th line. Why do we have to scratch any of these guys? I dont see 92 coming back anytime soon

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Can’t scratch Hags. He is an incredibly effective PKer. Plus, Lavi loves that 4th line. Why do we have to scratch any of these guys? I dont see 92 coming back anytime soon
Hagelin has allowed the most goals/60 and the second most high danger chances against/60 out of all Capitals regular PKing forwards this season. He eats minutes on the PK, but he hasn't been particularly effective when compared to his peers. You can absolutely scratch Hags if you keep Raffl (another defensively minded LW who PKs) in the line-up.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I thought Mantha looked good. I thought Oshie paid back that punch in the head with his part in the winner very nicely. A goal and assist from Wilson had to hurt. Anyone notice how crappy Dillon and Schultz looked? Neither did I. Lars Eller is a stud. Ov is a missile. Time to crawl in bed with the laptop and watch the replay!!
OV is a heat seeking missile! If he aint gonna score goals, then he'll just knock you out!

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win. Bruins are a really tough match-up and beating them despite all the PK time sets us up pretty well for the rest of the series. I liked our 5-on-5 game for most of the game, save for that stretch in the 2nd period where the Bruins played really well.

Still saying the same thing that always gets said during the Playoffs. We need to finish our chances better. When there is a 2-on-1 you should always take the shot. Most of the time the D is reading the pass even if you think the line is there. Get a shot on goal and it has a chance to create a rebound with the second guy driving the net. Penguins did this to perfection when they won their 2 Cups recently.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
How incredible it is that they still won this one despite starting this game with a guy who was 3rd in line at the start of season and ended up with the 4th string goalie who wasn't even signed until mid-january. :laugh:

B's seem to have their injury issues as well. Lauzon went into the room after blocking a shot and came back. He's not a big issue as they have solid depth there. Big thing though is that Bergeron left the game for a while after blocking a shot too. He came back but wasn't himself for sure. Face-offs are his MO and after starting the game 7-0 in the FO's, he went 7-8 after that. If Kuznetsov is a huge loss for the Capitals this is one to keep an eye on because Bergeron is everything to the Bruins.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
What a start. Caps were engaged in that 1st period. Ovi is a beast
Fortunately Caps take G1 because the refs were awful. I'm still mad at that 2nd goal. Phantom icing, and I'm not sure Orly HS Pasta.
Wilson scores the 1st goal of the playoffs :laugh: Love it.
Orlov huge game.
And the most important thing. Coaching. It's great to have a good coach who is not afraid to change lines and adapt during the game.

I suppose Anderson will start G2 and Samsonov will backup.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Anthony Mantha playing over 19 minutes in a Playoff game and being out there in an even game with 3 minutes left in regulation already shows me that we won the trade short-term. Vrana had no trust from the coaching staff and his minutes would have looked similar to Sprong if he was still here. Would still love for Mantha to produce but atleast he's out there generating chances.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
What a start. Caps were engaged in that 1st period. Ovi is a beast
Fortunately Caps take G1 because the refs were awful. I'm still mad at that 2nd goal. Phantom icing, and I'm not sure Orly HS Pasta.
Wilson scores the 1st goal of the playoffs :laugh: Love it.
Orlov huge game.
And the most important thing. Coaching. It's great to have a good coach who is not afraid to change lines and adapt during the game.

He definitely did.

I didn't see it until intermission though, the broadcasters were more interested in replaying the scoring chance.

Reactions: Silky mitts

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site

Anderson will start. Samsonov should be roated in to test im and rest Anderson in game 3 or 4.

How to deal with 92 is very intriging. I hope 92 reacts in the way that he wants to gives something back to the team and shows full effort. He needs to get the team behind him, than his return can give the team a boost. I am very happy so with the depth up front so no need to rush 92 back. He needs to earn his spot.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Possibly, but maybe just maybe Willy is focused on another cup and saving the drama for the regular season next year. He was so important in this game with his hustle, hitting, and of course scoring. I'll take that in the playoffs over regular season antics.
Wilson doesn’t need to lay a hit another hit this year, and he’ll still create time and space for himself and his line mates, and still be an intimidating force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad