GDT: #21|Pens vs. Flyers|Tue, Mar. 2 @7:00PM|PPG|Bad Day...The End of the World as We Know It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
This situation is exactly why Hextall claiming Friedman without moving another D out was stupid, by the way. Unless Riikola is still on LTIR, which would just be lying about him being injured, they don't have a roster spot available to be able to call someone up to sub in for Jankowski.

Riikola still injured, but I see you've figured that out.

Besides, we all know he can play wing too!

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Come on, Geno!

What else could he need? Sid out, gets Guentzel-Rust back (hopefully), fans in attendance, Flyers. If he doesn't get out of this funk tonight, I'm going to lose any remaining hope for this season.

Edit: But of course fingers crossed that Sid's tests come back negative.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Hi Guys,

Asking for your advice here, i'm in a keepers league and im about to acquire Geno. What is your feel on his game?? Did he really hit the wall and wont be a PPG player anymore or he's just unlucky?? If he's just unlucky, how many good years you guys think he still have to give(i know its often hard to tell)??

Thanks Pens fans for your input and GL for tonight's game!!

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
Sid probably did not get test results yet, it must be something reported this morning...
What’s weird to me is that they don’t hold a morning skate, but are cleared to play a game this evening. What changes between morning and 7:00 PM? Only thing I could think of would be test results.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
this or something like it. we are not looking for a career move, just a quick fix. and we already know matty and riiky have played wing before

i wouldn’t be surprised to see him or Riikola on wing, maybe more Riikola if he’s ready so Sully doesn’t have to break up too many pairs...

also could see Sully using Laff and Sceviour on wing and double shifting Blueger and Geno there to give some minutes to a fourth line, thus using 7 Dmen and 11 forwards...

Reactions: The Old Master

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hi Guys,

Asking for your advice here, i'm in a keepers league and im about to acquire Geno. What is your feel on his game?? Did he really hit the wall and wont be a PPG player anymore or he's just unlucky?? If he's just unlucky, how many good years you guys think he still have to give(i know its often hard to tell)??

His play this year is as bad as his stat line suggests.

He also put up 74points in 55 games last year.

How much is the drop off due to age? How much is due to not being able to train properly due to COIVD? How much is coaching? We all have our opinions around here, but truthfully, your guess is as good as ours.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
His play this year is as bad as his stat line suggests.

He also put up 74points in 55 games last year.

How much is the drop off due to age? How much is due to not being able to train properly due to COIVD? How much is coaching? We all have our opinions around here, but truthfully, your guess is as good as ours.
But we never ever will speak like this when Crosby is crap for the same amount of time. Like last year. Because why would we?

Russians, right?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
either geno snaps into beast mode and they win, or the season is over

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hi Guys,

My advice is don't play fantasy hockey, it rots your brain. Get into something healthier like watching car crash videos, or maybe krokodil usage.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

It's weird, we haven't discussed this topic yet.

Zap Rowsdower

Sep 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have him on my fantasy team, that's why he's terrible. He won't play well until I drop him.

Reactions: Simarino

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
But we never ever will speak like this when Crosby is crap for the same amount of time. Like last year. Because why would we?

Russians, right?
Enough with the Geno persecution complex. The same shit was being said about Crosby and its not difficult to find. Remember when Dominik Simon was flubbing tap-ins and Sid wasn’t getting any points because of it? People on here were saying that Simon was a great player and that Crosby had to “play better?”

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Enough with the Geno persecution complex. The same shit was being said about Crosby and its not difficult to find. Remember when Dominik Simon was flubbing tap-ins and Sid wasn’t getting any points because of it? People on here were saying that Simon was a great player and that Crosby had to “play better?”

It even happened at the beginning of *this* year when Sid was with E-Rod. People were saying Sid should still be producing even though his line was effectively playing 4 on 5 every shift in the offensive zone.

Reactions: canadianguy77

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
With sid out I don't really see much downside for (hopefully) one game.

Get to see geno with jake... too bad zucker wasn't here to see him away from geno.

It's nice to not have to depend on sid making the rest of the players step up.

I feel more confident in my hfb board bucks betting on the flyers to win with sid out at least.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It even happened at the beginning of *this* year when Sid was with E-Rod. People were saying Sid should still be producing even though his line was effectively playing 4 on 5 every shift in the offensive zone.
Dont you worry, Erod will be back playing with Sid or Geno, making their lives hell.

Sully is itching to bench Kap for someone like ERod. The analytical darling is almost ready to single-handedly destroy a top six line. He plays the game the right way, so much speed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
According to the Pens official Twitter, it looks like the lines for tonight are:

Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Riikola - McCann - Kapanen
Aston-Reese - Blugers - Tanev
Currie - Angello - Friedman

Ceci - Letang
Ruhwedel - Marino
Trotman - Weber

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
i wouldn’t be surprised to see him or Riikola on wing, maybe more Riikola if he’s ready so Sully doesn’t have to break up too many pairs...

also could see Sully using Laff and Sceviour on wing and double shifting Blueger and Geno there to give some minutes to a fourth line, thus using 7 Dmen and 11 forwards...

What Sully has done in the past to not disrupt things (especially the first game of the anomaly/injury). sliding a single player up. Geno slides into line one with Rust joining Jake. Kappy slides down with McCann and whomever slides up to center that line. This could be a one game adventure if Sid passes all tests along the way. I doubt he breaks up the 3rd line for a possible one off. If I were think a D-man plays forward at all it will certainly come at the 4th line.

Sceviour, Angello, Riikola would be a nice way to get him going and into game shape.

Reactions: The Old Master
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad