GDT: #21|Pens vs. Flyers|Tue, Mar. 2 @7:00PM|PPG|Bad Day...The End of the World as We Know It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's impossible to not read that in Sully's voice.

Has anyone ever actually studied this- the guy has like eight lines he says every post game. Does he just shuffle the order and change inflection based on W/L?

Really? I think Sullivan for his faults is one of the most articulate coaches in the league and I love listening to him talk.

The issue is what he says and what he has been doing are completely at odds.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Aren't we gonna play better as a team without Sid though?
That's usually how it works.

Empo is just upset because much like E-ROD and L1, Malkin is going to put up 4 points tonight if he gets to play with Jake and Rust and him and Doc and BFD are going to have to reimagine their Malkin is old narrative.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Empo is just upset because much like E-ROD and L1, Malkin is going to put up 4 points tonight if he gets to play with Jake and Rust and him and Doc and BFD are going to have to reimagine their Malkin is old narrative.

Im gonna hold a funeral if Malkin doesn’t go off tonight. He would do it in any other year. Please, G. Don’t be toast.

Reactions: Gurglesons

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's impossible to not read that in Sully's voice.

Has anyone ever actually studied this- the guy has like eight lines he says every post game. Does he just shuffle the order and change inflection based on W/L?
I've seen a lot of post-games from coaches and yes, I'd say Sully does that more than any coach in the league. He has no problem saying the same thing over and over for years.

If I was a player I'd be sick of hearing it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If you make it that far...

2Re.gif
booze doesn't make half the stupid shit here logical.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Geno is going to go off with Crosby out. 10+ points in 5 games type of performance. No way he ends the season below a ppg. Also, I think the power play might look a lot better when they have to simplify.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I mean, I'm 80 20 on that happening.

That being NOT GMR or that being GMR. The smart money play is on the former. ;)

And who the **** knows anymore what happens? If it goes well, then the question is whether it's because of Jake, the usage, or the crowd. If it doesn't, then there's a bigger ******* problem.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
People on here were convinced that Crosby was one hit away from being a total vegetable after his concussion/neck injury and wanted to trade him for pennies on the dollar. Remember when Crosby was done during the MJ era too and people on here wanted him gone? What about last season when he was struggling to produce with Dom Simon and people were saying to trade him and build around Malkin? How about people saying that the team was garbage when Malkin was out but was awesome when Sid was out, and made their cases for trading Crosby, even though the winning percentages were almost the same when either player was out?

The point is that both players get shit on when they’re not playing well.

The injury is a different issue, it has nothing to do with on-ice play.

Beg to differ on the rest. As I said, Malkin has been on the trade block for as long as I can remember. Go search for media articles on Crosby being on the trade block over the last 10 years.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The power play always looks better when it’s simplified; I don’t understand why they don’t do it more often.

It also is better when the players move their feet to open up lanes (like they were a week ago)

And when they shoot, but I digress . . .

Honestly, I wonder sometimes if they just try different things and when something works they say 'well, we can't do that shit again'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->