Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Gord Miller is talking during this swiss game for Canada that Danielsons line is likely to play the second most minutes on the team as s hutdown line that can score, as long as they keep the coach's trust

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Gord Miller is talking during this swiss game for Canada that Danielsons line is likely to play the second most minutes on the team as s hutdown line that can score, as long as they keep the coach's trust

We'll see how it shakes out, but I always thought the whole "he's on the 4th line, he's just going to be part of a checking line" was being overplayed.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
5-2 Celebrini got a 5 and a game for boarding. Danielson on top pk with Beck

Beck scored short handed

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
We'll see how it shakes out, but I always thought the whole "he's on the 4th line, he's just going to be part of a checking line" was being overplayed.
It definitely was. I said it iearlier in the thread but hes like the only top 10 pick on the team and hes on a line with the only returnee. Theyre going to play big minutes and in this game they look like Canadas best line. No turnovers and theyve had offensive zone time pretty much every shift, rarely in their own end at all.

They've also started both periods so far

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
It definitely was. I said it iearlier in the thread but hes like the only top 10 pick on the team and hes on a line with the only returnee. Theyre going to play big minutes and in this game they look like Canadas best line. No turnovers and theyve had offensive zone time pretty much every shift, rarely in their own end at all.

They've also started both periods so far
I agree. He may not be getting PP time, but that line will be playing a ton.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Excerpt from Pronman article on today's game:

Beck, who centered Owen Allard (draft eligible) and Nate Danielson (DET) was part of arguably Canada’s most consistent line. They started every period and were buzzing around constantly. All three players compete hard and skate well, and they put a lot of offensive zone pressure on Switzerland. They showed they could be effective in camp, and have carried it over into the pre-tournament. They could be more than a fourth trio energy line, as they look like a combo that Canada will use to match up the opponent’s top players.

Link

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Excerpt from Pronman article on today's game:

Beck, who centered Owen Allard (draft eligible) and Nate Danielson (DET) was part of arguably Canada’s most consistent line. They started every period and were buzzing around constantly. All three players compete hard and skate well, and they put a lot of offensive zone pressure on Switzerland. They showed they could be effective in camp, and have carried it over into the pre-tournament. They could be more than a fourth trio energy line, as they look like a combo that Canada will use to match up the opponent’s top players.

Link
Well done Nate. We need some optimism around here at the moment

Reactions: Realgud

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I'm probably watching this USA game in the most unique spot.

Attachments

• 20231223_131547.jpg
    20231223_131547.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 3

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Savoie looks unreal. Another terrible miss by Draper.

Danielson no points today.
He'll be great. Coincidentally Buffalo could probably benefit from drafting some piano-puller guys instead of only skill; kind of the opposite problem from us.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
He'll be great. Coincidentally Buffalo could probably benefit from drafting some piano-puller guys instead of only skill; kind of the opposite problem from us.
Danielson or Savoie?

I agree with that, but those are the type of guys you can grab in FA for a dime a dozen. High skill guys are the ones you want to draft, not grinders (unless 2nd round+).

We basically have only 3 bonafide NHL players on our roster that we drafted. Larks, Raymond and Seider. Everyone else were either traded for, FA signings or are garbage players. That’s only the result of absolute horrid drafting.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Danielson or Savoie?

I agree with that, but those are the type of guys you can grab in FA for a dime a dozen. High skill guys are the ones you want to draft, not grinders (unless 2nd round+).

We basically have only 3 bonafide NHL players on our roster that we drafted. Larks, Raymond and Seider. Everyone else were either traded for, FA signings or are garbage players. That’s only the result of absolute horrid drafting.
Hopefully both. But I’m fairly confident Savoie will be at least a 60 pt winger.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Don't forget,.Oliver Moore was available but we took Danielson. Moore does everything Danielson does but faster and with better offense.
Don’t know if I agree with that at all. Moore is mostly tools and no toolbox. I highly question if he will translate beyond an energy 40pt third liner.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Better than what this Drew Miller will regen into.
I mean he’s got a lot more skill than that. I think he’ll be an NHL player. Question is more, is Danielson our Philip Danualt (nice but not really that helpful in progressing our rebuild) or is he our Couturier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad