Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!

Probably my favourite hockey to watch.

Hoping to see Danielson really dominate for Canada.
Interesting, why? I never really watch anything other than nhl/olympics. I want to get into the other stuff but it's difficult to follow sometimes.

So, why would this be considered one of/if not the favorite hockey of yours to watch?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Interesting, why? I never really watch anything other than nhl/olympics. I want to get into the other stuff but it's difficult to follow sometimes.

So, why would this be considered one of/if not the favorite hockey of yours to watch?
It's a bunch of kids playing hockey where anything can happen. It's fast, high energy, thrilling hockey.

Plus I like to watch our prospects go up against the world's best prospects to see where our guys stack up.

I also enjoy watching Canada lose on the few occasions they actually do.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It's a bunch of kids playing hockey where anything can happen. It's fast, high energy, thrilling hockey.

Plus I like to watch our prospects go up against the world's best prospects to see where our guys stack up.

I also enjoy watching Canada lose on the few occasions they actually do.
AH that makes sense. I like college football more than nfl so I guess that is kind of my equivalent. Then again, the lions are playing better so who knows if that changes.

How can we even watch these games? Do you have to pay or find the 50 million pop up website to watch it the incorrect way (not opposed lol)

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
AH that makes sense. I like college football more than nfl so I guess that is kind of my equivalent. Then again, the lions are playing better so who knows if that changes.

How can we even watch these games? Do you have to pay or find the 50 million pop up website to watch it the incorrect way (not opposed lol)
It's easy! As long as you're OnHockey dotting the TV, you'll be able to watch most anything!

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

Anything country vs country I find extremely exciting.

The world juniors is extra excitement because it’s a bunch of kids and the emotion on the ice always sways the momentum of the game.

I’m Canadian, but love watching all the underdog countries beat Canada (happens once in a while). It adds an extra layer of excitement to the tournament.

Is it the best hockey available to watch? Definitely not. Lots of structural problems and brain farts from time to time, but good enough to keep you enticed.

At the end of the day, you get to see your team’s prospects play for their country.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Count me as another WJC-obsessed fan. It's most of the best kids in the world at that age, along with everything everyone else already said. I love it. I love it as a holiday tradition.

I'm traveling this year, so I'll probably miss a bunch, but I love the years I stay home and just watch tournament games all day long :nod:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

The world juniors is extra excitement because it’s a bunch of kids and the emotion on the ice always sways the momentum of the game.

I’m Canadian, but love watching all the underdog countries beat Canada (happens once in a while). It adds an extra layer of excitement to the tournament.

Is it the best hockey available to watch? Definitely not. Lots of structural problems and brain farts from time to time, but good enough to keep you enticed.

At the end of the day, you get to see your team’s prospects play for their country.
Its kinda like March Madness for hockey fans. You get to watch the best before theyve gone pro for the most part, theres always underdog stories and the on ice product is always really good

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Its kinda like March Madness for hockey fans. You get to watch the best before theyve gone pro for the most part, theres always underdog stories and the on ice product is always really good
Exactly! I think this would be the best comparison!

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
WJC is the most entertaining hockey of the year in my opinion. Hockey beyond this age and talent level starts to get really structured and the space to make plays disappears. It is the last bastion for truly offensive hockey and just the perfect combination of ingredients for entertaining hockey.

I will go so far as to say that if you don't like the WJC you don't like hockey and are dead to me.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Makes sense. I was just curious.

I would say that it was awesome watching that one team I think it was luxemborg?? that had that goalie just go nuts during the olympics and almost had them in the medal round. That was fun to watch as they were beating some great teams.

It's easy! As long as you're OnHockey dotting the TV, you'll be able to watch most anything!
but when you use that website on your phone, the ads become excessive lmao. on my work computer it's great though, no ads!

Reactions: 13to40

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
How far away was Andrew Gibson from making Canada? Does he have a chance next year?

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
On paper this should be a cakewalk for that USA team.

No clue how their goalies rank in pecking order. Hopefully Augustine gets an opportunity to back this powerhouse squad.
There is no cakewalks in this tournament anymore. The last I remember was in 04 with that magic Cadada team. Since then it was tight every year. I didn't watch the last year though as my nation wasn't represented.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00